• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Athiesm leads to the destruction of humanity - Now with Charts!!

jarofthoughts

Empirical Curmudgeon
@ OP:

Then explain Norway, Sweden and Denmark, arguably some of the most secular (read: atheist) states in the world, all with some of the highest standard of living in the world, all figuring regularly on the UN and WHO lists of the best countries in the world in which to live, with some of the longest life-expectancy in the world, some of the lowest infant mortality rates, the lowest crime-rates, and so on and so forth...

Surely by your logic they should be tantamount to living in hell but the data doesn't seem to support your hypothesis.

Oh, and I'll be happy to provide the statistics to back this up if need be. ^_^

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
@ OP:

Then explain Norway, Sweden and Denmark, arguably some of the most secular (read: atheist) states in the world, all with some of the highest standard of living in the world, all figuring regularly on the UN and WHO lists of the best countries in the world in which to live, with some of the longest life-expectancy in the world, some of the lowest infant mortality rates, the lowest crime-rates, and so on and so forth...

Surely by your logic they should be tantamount to living in hell but the data doesn't seem to support your hypothesis.

Oh, and I'll be happy to provide the statistics to back this up if need be. ^_^
Pssssssst!

The op is an atheist. He was holding the chart up for ridicule. :)

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
The only way this would be true would be if God got real ****** off at people for not believing in him and decided to blow up the planet.

mhiggs

i stopped reading this chart right when i read "disrespect of religious morality"
it's right in a sense, i do disrespect religious morality...but that's a good thing isn't it?
afterall, isn't religious morality the type of morality that says we should stone adulterers? Or that if we don't believe the way you do then we'll burn in hell for eternity? sounds like the type of morality I disrespect...and you should too. Shame on you

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
i stopped reading this chart right when i read "disrespect of religious morality"
it's right in a sense, i do disrespect religious morality...but that's a good thing isn't it?
afterall, isn't religious morality the type of morality that says we should stone adulterers? Or that if we don't believe the way you do then we'll burn in hell for eternity? sounds like the type of morality I disrespect...and you should too. Shame on you
Yeah, because Christianity is the only religion in the world....... :facepalm:

mhiggs

no....but okay, name a mainstream religion that doesn't mention a form of hell in its sacred texts. Some would say Buddhists, but it depends on which one you ask

Jeremiah

Norwegians smurfs! I like it……

It’s nice to see my hypothetical was met with such interest. In all seriousness, how exactly would you prove such a diverse group as atheist is responsible of any atrocity? Is their a FSM bible somewhere?

So…

If you read about 1,000 Christians waging war………..it’s because of Christianity

If you read about 1,000 Atheist waging war……….it’s because of anything but atheism.

Of course, everything Christians do has to be connected to their beliefs or tenets right?

I’m aware of the difference between them but a lack of a bible or centralized tenets might just be the problem. Far fetched?

"Of course, everything Christians do has to be connected to their beliefs or tenets right?"

No, of course not. But can you, honestly, tell me, that who you are today is not, in part, due to your religious beliefs/tenets?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
no....but okay, name a mainstream religion that doesn't mention a form of hell in its sacred texts. Some would say Buddhists, but it depends on which one you ask
I wouldn't know, as I haven't read any of them yet. Not that it matters to your backpedaling.

And also, the flowchart posted here is specifically Christian. Hence my focus on the Christian religion
OK, fair enough.

Jeremiah

Atheists generally kill ppl because they believe in survival of the fittest. They see genocide as a way to advance the evolutionary chain, wipe out all who are weak, so that the strong can prosper.

Why the smurf should an atheist care about "advancing the evolutionary chain"? What is the point? We are, after all, just smurfs in the wind.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Society is being led down the dark garden path and the misleaders are godless and observe no morality; their favourite kinds of fools are atheists, atheists who are being cunningly fooled by evil men at a crucial time in mankind's history when for our salvation "God" needs to be understood most clearly, not rejected.

All the logical arguments, circular reasoning, materialism and worldliness won't save you in the end from the consequences of your choice; only true wisdom can do that. There is a great difference between wisdom and knowledge, or science. And you won't come to understand this by means of this self-destructive and nihilistic belief, ideology and faith that men now call "atheism".

I myself believe in a personal God, but that's what it is, personal; I am a non-theist in one sense; that I worship God in my heart, and not through scriptures, or rituals, or religious dogma. For me, this is the only kind of knowing that truly matters; the rest is wisdom to be attained.

I observe an morality. In fact I would wager my sense of morality is superior to yours. :eek:

The Neo Nerd

add on - communism/dictatorships work in either of two scenerios:

1. atheism
2. forced religious belief - one single religion rules, no others allowed, combined church/state.

the combined church/state distorts the religion so much, that it does become just a gov instead of a religion.

Idea have you actually studied ANYTHING about communism?

Communism is a sociological perspective. In its original true sense it is a beautiful idea.

It has nothing to do with religion. Any communist governments attach their own theology to it.

-Q