• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

atheists and agnostics which religion do you like best?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Bokononism.

iu

Heyo

Veteran Member
Pastafarianism, Jediism and if you insist on a traditional religion, Buddhism. None of those require a belief in a god, though. If you still insist on a religion with a god/gods, it would be neo-paganism. At least their gods don't suffer from contradicting logic the same way the monotheist gods do.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Not so much a religion as a religious approach. I have come to appreciate the worth of the Dharmic perspective - a collective, if you will, of Buddhism, Hinduism and Sikhism. I would personally add Taoism as well.

But really, it is something that can arise in any religious structure; it just happens that some will encourage it, others will discourage, smother or even viciously oppose it.

I have an endearment of sorts towards Paganism as well. What I do dislike are the Abrahamics.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I keep wanting to know more about other religions but the Abrahamic religions keep coming up, and they have unwanted influence in the world.

Brahman interests me. Any religion that questions itself, and involves free thought, and doesn't harm people is worthy of investigation. The force in Star Wars has interesting aspects.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I've always loved natured based religions, and Druidry is at the top of my list of those. I also like Heathenry, but it has a lot of baggage that weighs it down imo

When it comes to non-nature based, Buddhism seems cool, but I'm largely unfamiliar with it. Hinduism is a beautiful and deep religion, and much like earth based religions, has a ton of variety. When it comes to abrahamic rooted religions, Universal Unitarianism seems to have some nice ideas, but I'm also largely ignorant of them. I've never been to an Episcopal church, but the local one is involved in the community in a positive way and I like that they focus on the positive verses in the Bible rather than the weird and negative stuff

All this stuff said, I follow none of these paths myself. I prefer to just do my own thing and follow the truth where it seems to lead. I do think spirituality has value for many people, but I'd rather focus more on the mundane for now. I've spent much of my life on spiritual endeavors, so I feel that it's time to focus on the material world

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
That is like asking a vegetarian what kind of meat she prefers.

Ciao

- viole
It is. That doesn't mean you can't answer the question.

Just as a large number of vegetarians were not always vegetarian, a large number of atheists and agnostics were not always atheists and agnostics.

The only way your dismissal of the OP works is if one was born atheist or agnostic and had zero exposure to any other religions, which is a ludicrous conclusion to make with atheists and agnostics that belong to a religious forum.

Additionally, vegetarians aren't vegetarian for the same reasons atheist are atheists and agnostics are agnostics. They don't lack belief in meat or think that nothing can be known about any meat if meat did exist.

Finally, if vegetarians preferred no meat, there would be no market for plant based meats.

So nice try, but your dismissive analogy fails.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I keep wanting to know more about other religions but the Abrahamic religions keep coming up, and they have unwanted influence in the world.
Aside from some esoteric practices, there is nothing that I'm aware of about any religion that can't be learned through research.