• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Salix Anything

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Did @Sunstone offer you candy?

He knows I can't be tempted with candy. Pizza maybe. But what hooked me was when he told me a story about a purely blissful moment when he first saw Terri’s breasts by the moonlight.

How quickly can you run? :D

Not very...obviously.

Welcome to the team!

Thank you.

Also, what is your favorite book

That is a tough one. There are so many. I would have to say Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.

The Matrix Trilogy - The first one if I had to pick just one.

video game

The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim if I had to pick just one.

favorite food?

Pizza

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
How did you choose your RF alias?

SalixIncendium is Latin for FireWillow.

My zodiac and astrological signs are both fire (Fire Horse and Aries). The willow is my favorite tree.

I started on the internet with the alias FireWillow back in 1998ish and when I realized there were a lot of people on the internet with that alias, I adopted the Latin variant. I have yet to run into another SalixIncendium on the internet.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I don't know if you were around during this era, but are you a ninja or a pirate? :)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
A strange thing happened to me overnight last night and I woke up a bit blue.

But anyway, in keeping with the apparent tradition of new moderator initiation, it would appear I'm to post one of these ask me anything threads.

So, let the hazing begin! What would you like to know about me?
No hazing from me (you seem ok); I just have a question.....
Were there not 3 different Bible translations one could read? I know, I read from them many times. Why is there now only one, the KJV?

(Ok, that's two questions.)

Thanks!

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Were there not 3 different Bible translations one could read? I know, I read from them many times. Why is there now only one, the KJV?

Thanks!

I don't currently have an answer to either for you, but I'm working on getting them. I'll let you know when I find out.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Thanks!

I don't currently have an answer to either for you, but I'm working on getting them. I'll let you know when I find out.

@Hockeycowboy, I'm told the software uses a third-party plugin that is purchased from the site owner, and that the creator of this third-party plugin updated it to include the KJV only.

Hope this answers your question. :)

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
@Hockeycowboy, I'm told the software uses a third-party plugin that is purchased from the site owner, and that the creator of this third-party plugin updated it to include the KJV only.

Hope this answers your question. :)
Thanks a lot for checking into it, that’s very much appreciated.

It may be “updated”, but it certainly isn’t upgrading the system!
Access to more translations gives a more accurate understanding of what the passage’s meaning is.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And I'm not taking any more requests to clean out cars.

Oh poop, i was just going to ask you if you'd clean our cars, the twins thing is particularly mucky despite repeated requests from me and hubby.

I would of course pay a modest amount for your time ;-)

Last edited: