• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Salix Anything

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
A strange thing happened to me overnight last night and I woke up a bit blue.

But anyway, in keeping with the apparent tradition of new moderator initiation, it would appear I'm to post one of these ask me anything threads.

So, let the hazing begin! What would you like to know about me?

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
I would have asked you what Advaitin is, but I did the responsible thing and googled it myself.

Therefore, I have no questions for you, but I do have a sentiment:

I hope you enjoy your time here on RF. :)

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member

But anyway, in keeping with the apparent tradition of new moderator initiation, it would appear I'm to post one of these ask me anything threads.

Is it true you are dating Usher?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

what was the strange thing that happened overnight, and why does it have you feeling blue? Hey, you mentioned it first!:D

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
As a fellow Advaita guy; do you believe in a astral/mental bodies, souls and reincarnation? (I do; for example the soul is an impermanent body on a subtle plane of nature that persists for many lifetimes and experiences)

Sometimes I find Advaita people talk over our relative reality; get super metaphysical and lose people.

What do you think, since you are asking for questions.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I didn't wake up feeling blue. I literally woke up blue.
you mean something like you dreamed that you were a statue, and that a thousand beautiful women were tickling you with paint brushes, and you woke to find yourself covered in blue paint?:p

Or did you go see Blue Man Group, and got splattered?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
As a fellow Advaita guy; do you believe in a astral/mental bodies, souls and reincarnation? (I do; for example the soul is an impermanent body on a subtle plane of nature that persists for many lifetimes and experiences)

Sometimes I find Advaita people talk over our relative reality; get super metaphysical and lose people.

What do you think, since you are asking for questions.

I am an absolute monist. While I believe in rebirth, I am merely a projection of an absolute (what the Hindu call Brahman) and these 'lifetimes' in the 'reality' I perceive are simply dreams or illusions.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I am an absolute monist. While I believe in rebirth, I am merely a projection of an absolute (what the Hindu call Brahman) and these 'lifetimes' in the 'reality' I perceive are simply dreams or illusions.
To call our current experience an illusion might be true from some ultimate non-dual perspective. But there is also our everyday 'relatively real' experiencing. I think that is why Brahman creates this Maya/Illusion; to have these relatively real experiences.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
To call our current experience an illusion might be true from some ultimate non-dual perspective. But there is also our everyday 'relatively real' experiencing.

Why do these have to be mutually exclusive?

I think that is why Brahman creates this Maya/Illusion; to have these relatively real experiences.

What is "real?" Or "relatively real?"

Laika

Premium Member

Best of luck @SalixIncendium. Having been a mod my advice is to not rush it. Take it slow, learn things as you go along and at a speed you're comfortable with and you'll be fine. :)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

How did you become an Advaitin?