• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask me anything about my Satanism

VioletVortex

Ask me whatever you want to about my beliefs. There is, however one restriction. To avoid debates, and also to avoid making a fool of yourself, please do not ask me anything along the lines of "Why do you worship evil"?". Otherwise, ask me anything about Satanism.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Ask me whatever you want to about my beliefs. There is, however one restriction. To avoid debates, and also to avoid making a fool of yourself, please do not ask me anything along the lines of "Why do you worship evil"?". Otherwise, ask me anything about Satanism.
Is Satan is consider as God ?
Is Satan is enemy of God ?
Is Satan beliefs call for doing evil or doing good deeds ?
Is view of Satanism match with Torah and Quran view ?

VioletVortex

Is Satan is consider as God ?
Is Satan is enemy of God ?
Is Satan beliefs call for doing evil or doing good deeds ?
Is view of Satanism match with Torah and Quran view ?

Satan is a god, but I don't submit to any higher power.

Metaphorically, yes, Satan is the enemy of the concept of the Abrahamic god, however, I don't believe in an actual Abrahamic god. Satan is a being completely independent of Abrahamic mythology. There were Satanic groups present before Abraham.

Satanism doesn't call for doing "evil" deeds. To me evil is subjective, and it is defined by the individual. Many of the things that Christians see as evil are not evil to me. My actions are mainly about pleasing myself.

I don't believe that Satan takes on all of the characteristics he is depicted with in the Bible/Torah/Quoran. I think he has some of those characteristics, such as rebellion and questioning, but I don't think he is out to kill everyone or cause chaos.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Pagan groups believed in Satan, under various different names, most notably Set and Enki. Names are a human construct, and Satan may or may not be his real name, but it's what he is most commonly known as.
how about word "Satan" ?

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Pagan groups believed in Satan, under various different names, most notably Set and Enki. Names are a human construct, and Satan may or may not be his real name, but it's what he is most commonly known as.
Ah, you follow the sort of Satanism that tries to connect Satan to a more ancient deity. I disagree with that, but I understand.

VioletVortex

how about word "Satan" ?

The name "Satan" actually came from two names for the same ancient deity. Set and Tan. That became Settan, which became Satan. Satan is also Hebrew for adversary, but I think that meaning was attached to the term after Satan's mention in the bible as the adversary of god.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
The name "Satan" actually came from two names for the same ancient deity. Set and Tan. That became Settan, which became Satan. Satan is also Hebrew for adversary, but I think that meaning was attached to the term after Satan's mention in the bible as the adversary of god.
Sorry, but that's just wrong. "Satan" comes from the Hebrew śāṭān (שטן). Set isn't the actual Egyptian name of that deity, which was something like Setesh, pronounced "*Sūtaḫ" (swtḫ, from the hieroglyphics).

Last edited:

You've already demonstrated on a multitude of occasions that you know very little about this subject. So with that in mind, my only question is -

Why does this thread exist?

VioletVortex

That's just how you perceived it.

Calling me "edgy" is one of the most insulting things you can say about my beliefs. What if I called Dharmic religion trendy, or something along those lines? Wouldn't you feel insulted? Calling Satanism edgy really just demonstrates a lack of willingness to think deeper or openly on the subject, so I don't know why you are posting on this thread.

Otherwise, you are welcome to post actual questions here.

Prizebeatz1

Is it possible that this idea of Satan is a metaphor for the personality which is the adversary opposing realization of the true infinite and eternal self? Is it possible that there is a collective identity which is the combined force of Satan embedded in civilization? Is it possible that Satan represents the dark side of our consciousness or rather unconsciousness?

Akivah

Satanism doesn't call for doing "evil" deeds. To me evil is subjective, and it is defined by the individual. Many of the things that Christians see as evil are not evil to me. My actions are mainly about pleasing myself.

Do you donate money or time to charities?
Do you feel sympathy for those experiencing personal tragedies?
Are you allowed to harm someone in order to please yourself?

I don't believe that Satan takes on all of the characteristics he is depicted with in the Bible/Torah/Quoran. I think he has some of those characteristics, such as rebellion and questioning, but I don't think he is out to kill everyone or cause chaos.

Rebellion implies that your god wants to implement his own order. What does your god want to achieve?

Did your god create the universe?

Is your god the only god (or divine being) in your pantheon?