• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Jesster anything relating to her

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
What kind of art do you create? Do you have a favorite medium?
Mostly digital or ink. For digital art, I prefer vector designs with Adobe Illustrator. Here's a sample of an old piece I've made. I'm from the Pacific Northwest, so I used inspiration from other art I've seen where I came from.

16bOIRMl.jpg

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Mostly digital or ink. For digital art, I prefer vector designs with Adobe Illustrator. Here's a sample of an old piece I've made. I'm from the Pacific Northwest, so I used inspiration from other art I've seen where I came from.

16bOIRMl.jpg

Yes, I can see the Northwestern influence. Quite attractive.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
So, @Jesster...easier question is have you travelled much?
I used to travel more when I could afford it. I haven't in a while though. I've been to almost half of the states in the US (though nowhere on the east yet). I've also been to Canada, Mexico, Belize, and Honduras. If I could, I would travel much more.

Tougher question is how do you reconcile or contrast egalitarianism and feminism?
I think they're compatible. Why not? Egalitarianism is an advocacy for equality among the sexes. Feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes. Some people will disagree, but that doesn't change how I do things.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
If you could do any work in the world you wanted to, what would that be? Either paid or unpaid.

Audie

Veteran Member
While I do think plenty, not too much of it is enjoyable. That's the gift of depression and PTSD for you. I usually try to distract myself from my thoughts instead. .

All too familiar.
Playing forum is another distraction.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I'd like to teach in some form. Maybe not in a classroom environment, but helping people learn has given me the most rewarding feelings.
Gotta agree with you there. My time teaching was a really great experience. It really helped me come out of my shell and learn to express ideas in ways others could understand. What made this challenging was that most of my students were from Hong Kong and had wildly different grasps of English.

What areas would you like to provide instruction? (I taught Photoshop, Macromedia Director, Writing Ad Copy and an entry level computer technician's course.)

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Gotta agree with you there. My time teaching was a really great experience. It really helped me come out of my shell and learn to express ideas in ways others could understand. What made this challenging was that most of my students were from Hong Kong and had wildly different grasps of English.

What areas would you like to provide instruction? (I taught Photoshop, Macromedia Director, Writing Ad Copy and an entry level computer technician's course.)
I have no idea. I've tutored people before, but not much else. Probably in something I have some expertise in. Photoshop or Illustrator maybe.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You've mentioned that you have depressions. How severe are they, and what to you do to cope with or manage them?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As you know, there are people who deny that America genuinely put men on the moon. In light of that, how many bread crumbs are there in a standard slice of sandwich bread?

Real Question: Do you like that sort of "absurdist" humor?

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
How would you describe your overall philosophy for dealing with life?
Oh my. Do I have to have an overall philosophy? I just live my life as well as I can. I have some smaller ideals that I fit into that, but there's not one big one.

You've mentioned that you have depressions. How severe are they, and what to you do to cope with or manage them?
Sure. I've always had that. It's been with me for as long as I can remember, and certain life events have made it worse. I used to be able to deal with it better, which is why I used to be able to hold a job. Now that it's coupled with PTSD, I've had difficulty finding or hanging onto any job anywhere. I can usually handle it okay if I'm not pressured too much. Dealing with pretty much any social situation makes it unbearable though.

As you know, there are people who deny that America genuinely put men on the moon. In light of that, how many bread crumbs are there in a standard slice of sandwich bread?
It used to number around 3,000 give or take a few hundred. Since the faked moon landing "they" have added extra chemicals to our bread to mind control us and turn our children gay. That's where the 1,000 extra crumbs come from.

Real Question: Do you like that sort of "absurdist" humor?
Of course. I also enjoy dark humor and dry humor.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sure. I've always had that. It's been with me for as long as I can remember...

My heart goes out to you. I used to have frequent depressive episodes that began around eight and lasted into my late 40s and early 50s. I know it's tough.

...and certain life events have made it worse.

That's tragic.

...turn our children gay...

There! That's when I lost it! :D

Of course. I also enjoy dark humor and dry humor.

Do you like New Yorker Magazine dry?