• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Jesster anything relating to her

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If there is no god in your life, what confidence can your bf (or anyone else) have in you that your boots aren't made for walking? Does not even humanism objectively own a higher morality that sets a standard? If not, what system of morals do you adhere to?

What an embarrassingly foolish question. Invisible sky daddies aren't a prerequisite for morality. In fact, being "good" just because you fear punishment ("hell") and hope for reward ("heaven") is a phony, insincere form of morality.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Board/Card Game: I don't enjoy standard board or card games, but I do play D&D. 5th edition is great.
What's your favorite class? I would have to say the Monk, probably because of the ability to run up walls. It's saved my hide more times than I can count.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Do you have any non-religious philosophies or codes of conduct you think describe your thoughts? e.g. unitarian, vegetarian, various political views outside of just the standard (R) and (D)?
Hm. Not especially, no. I guess I'm a feminist and egalitarian. I'm also a humanist. I'm generally left-leaning in politics, but I don't really stick myself into any specific baskets there.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
What country are you from and do you speak several languages?
I'm from the USA. I wish I could speak more than one language, but it's not really encouraged here. I took some German classes back in high school, but languages don't stick too well if you never get to use them outside of a class. I've forgotten nearly all of it.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What's your favorite class? I would have to say the Monk, probably because of the ability to run up walls. It's saved my hide more times than I can count.
The Tomb of Annihilation game I'm playing, my character got possessed by the spirit of an ancient god (long story) and she got wall climbing as an ability from it. Now she is a tiny green Kobold ranged rogue who can fire at enemies from the ceiling. D&D is amazing sometimes.

Best Monk story is that one time a Monk in our party landed a natural 20 on their stunning strike and knocked an adult green dragon prone. He was not expecting that.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
she is a tiny green Kobold ranged rogue who can fire at enemies from the ceiling.
At that point, the game wins itself, right?
My best monk story is when I was the DM and the players were fighting two adult white dragons who were at low health because of plot reasons. The Monk used her Flurry of Blows ability and killed them both. The look on her face when I told her that she killed them was priceless.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I'm from the USA. I wish I could speak more than one language, but it's not really encouraged here. I took some German classes back in high school, but languages don't stick too well if you never get to use them outside of a class. I've forgotten nearly all of it.

I feel you on that

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
@Jesster....you always seem to be on an even keel.
Ever had a flame war with anyone?
Any tips on waging one?
Oh I definitely have. I decided to start fresh here and avoid that as much as possible. I'm glad it appears to be working. The ignore feature here helps a lot with troublesome people.

No tips here. I can't handle it.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
Oh, you're fortunate.
Alas, I like flame wars.
But I resist the urge here.
Haven't flamed anyone, although some have tried to initiate one.
Alas, I have fallen prey to the temptation. Luckily, I used my alt(s) for it: the entire moderation team. You heard me, I am actually the one pulling the strings behind the scenes, sort of like some kind of foul puppeteer from which nothing can escape his twisted clutches.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
What types of things do you like to think about?
While I do think plenty, not too much of it is enjoyable. That's the gift of depression and PTSD for you. I usually try to distract myself from my thoughts instead. I guess some hobbies require thinking, so I focus on those. I like to read, watch movies, play games, play with my dog, cook, and create art.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
Ok, I have to know. What kind of dog is it?
The best kind: a mutt!

She's part boxer and part vizsla.

wwifuP8m.jpg

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh, you're fortunate.
Alas, I like flame wars.
But I resist the urge here.
Haven't flamed anyone, although some have tried to initiate one.

*Silently lights the bottom of @Revoltingests cape on fire*

*Realises he has no idea if @Revoltingest even WEARS a cape*

So, @Jesster...easier question is have you travelled much?
Tougher question is how do you reconcile or contrast egalitarianism and feminism?