• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Jesster anything relating to her

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
So I'm still relatively new here, and I don't post too frequently. I only get personal in a few posts, so there's not much to know about me yet. I've seen other people make these threads, so I thought it was a good idea too. What would you like to know about me?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What is your favorite color, book, movie, band, song, food, comedian, television show, video and/or board and/or card game? :D

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
What is your favorite color, book, movie, band, song, food, comedian, television show, video and/or board and/or card game? :D
Color: Purple
Book: That's a tough one. I like too many books. Maybe Catch-22? Or possibly A Thousand Splendid Suns.
Movie: The Princess Bride. This is also up there with my favorite books now that I think of it.
Band: Either Fleetwood Mac, CCR, or Pearl Jam.
Song: Daughter by Pearl Jam
Food: I definitely have no favorite here. I like exploring too much. I might have some favorite cuisines in general though. Thai, Japanese, German, and Greek.
Comedian: I'll never decide here. No way.
Television Show: I'll stick to things I've watched in the last few years. Misfits, Handmaid's Tale, Outlander, Game of Thrones, and Breaking Bad.
Video Game: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Board/Card Game: I don't enjoy standard board or card games, but I do play D&D. 5th edition is great.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
It was a joke but what drove you to the belief that you are agnostic-atheist?
I used to be Christian and I stopped finding reasons to believe in a god the more I questioned it. It just doesn't play a part in my life anymore. I'm still curious about what other people think and why, but nothing really convinces me to share their god beliefs.

outlawState

Deism is dead
I used to be Christian and I stopped finding reasons to believe in a god the more I questioned it. It just doesn't play a part in my life anymore. I'm still curious about what other people think and why, but nothing really convinces me to share their god beliefs.
If there is no god in your life, what confidence can your bf (or anyone else) have in you that your boots aren't made for walking? Does not even humanism objectively own a higher morality that sets a standard? If not, what system of morals do you adhere to?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

So how tall are you?

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
If there is no god in your life, what confidence can your bf (or anyone else) have in you that your boots aren't made for walking?
I can't be entirely sure there is no god. That's why I'm an agnostic atheist. I just haven't found a reason to believe that there is one. My boyfriend doesn't seem to care where I stand on the issue, and I don't care where he stands. We just treat each other with respect. I can't speak for how anyone else sees me. That's their business.

Does not even humanism objectively own a higher morality that sets a standard? If not, what system of morals do you adhere to?
Humanism generally does describe my outlook on life. I primarily care about the well-being of humanity.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Color: Purple
Book: That's a tough one. I like too many books. Maybe Catch-22? Or possibly A Thousand Splendid Suns.
Movie: The Princess Bride. This is also up there with my favorite books now that I think of it.
Band: Either Fleetwood Mac, CCR, or Pearl Jam.
Song: Daughter by Pearl Jam
Food: I definitely have no favorite here. I like exploring too much. I might have some favorite cuisines in general though. Thai, Japanese, German, and Greek.
Comedian: I'll never decide here. No way.
Television Show: I'll stick to things I've watched in the last few years. Misfits, Handmaid's Tale, Outlander, Game of Thrones, and Breaking Bad.
Video Game: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Board/Card Game: I don't enjoy standard board or card games, but I do play D&D. 5th edition is great.
You and I have a lot in common! My husband sometimes replies to any request to do something with "as you wish." :D

What are you playing in 5th edition? This year I am playing a kobold rogue and a Yuan-ti pureblood paladin. I apparently have a thing for the monstrous races this season.

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
You and I have a lot in common! My husband sometimes replies to any request to do something with "as you wish." :D
Anybody want a peanut?

What are you playing in 5th edition? This year I am playing a kobold rogue and a Yuan-ti pureblood paladin. I apparently have a thing for the monstrous races this season.
I'm in a couple games and I'm also a DM. I have a game today where I'm playing a human druid girl who was raised by bandits. I tend to play more humans than other players usually do.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Anybody want a peanut?

I'm in a couple games and I'm also a DM. I have a game today where I'm playing a human druid girl who was raised by bandits. I tend to play more humans than other players usually do.
I swear I do have some humans too. (Including a human druid who is a Lara Croft-ish type character who turns into dinosaurs and raids temples and ruins looking for neat stuff. Thanks Chult!)

Do you have any non-religious philosophies or codes of conduct you think describe your thoughts? e.g. unitarian, vegetarian, various political views outside of just the standard (R) and (D)?

Edit: Just saw Humanism up there. Sorry if this is a repeater!