• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Any RF Member A Question

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ack, I'm sorry, Buttercup, if I steered your interesting thread away from its true intent by asking a generalized question! It wasn't my meaning, and I apologize!

How about... *checking to see who's on*

Jay, what's one of your favorite memories?

Buttons, do you feel a kinship with the panda? If so, how?

Lillithu, what historical figure do you most admire?

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
FeathersinHair said:
Buttons, do you feel a kinship with the panda? If so, how?

Well, actually, my "relationship" with pandas.... it's not really mine.

(Of course i loved pandas as a kid. The black and white patterend things happy me for some reason....)

My friend Amelia is convinced that panda's follow her, in the way that I'm convinced Irony follows me. Her obsession with it inspired my like of pandas.... it's an animal that I identify with. It's even part of Choodianist doctrine. :eek:

At any rate, Amelia is one of my dearest and most respected friends. Guess, i felt in some way that my "thoughts" in this place almost belong to her too. ....Hard to explain...

Master Vigil

My favorite books as a child were Roman and Greek mythology.

I moved alot as a kid, so I couldn't keep friends for very long. But the longest friend I have is from 5th grade, so... 10 years.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
willything said:
this ? is for buttercup. why do you build me up buttercup just to let me down ?

I'm sorry, did I break your heart? ;)

Yes, that is a frequent song sung to me along with "Help me Rhonda, Help help me Rhonda!" You'll have to fill in the blanks as to why.....BTW, I'm so happy QTR found your socks for you!

What on earth happened in this thread while I was gone? Good grief! I have a million more questions to ask but they will have to wait till after I get some sleep....hiked probably 20 miles this weekend....urg!

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Master Vigil said:
My favorite books as a child were Roman and Greek mythology.

I moved alot as a kid, so I couldn't keep friends for very long. But the longest friend I have is from 5th grade, so... 10 years.
*blinks*... knew you were young but that young? Wow.

M_V what was the... catalyst in your rapid movement down the spiritual path? (poorly worded... but here's hoping you get it)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Sunstone said:
Of course, to get married, I would need to find a woman who was exceptionally understanding about my Acme Latex Love Doll. I mean, how could I just abandon her after all we've been through together? Unthinkable! The mere thought of her abandoned, drifting down the streets of some skid row, wandering anywhere the wind takes her, looking perhaps for her next fix of rubber cement, chased by the narcotics cops...it gives me the shudders. I simply couldn't do that to her.

Thanks for your answer Sunstone. I can relate to your first marriage scenario, and you have my sympathies. Makes for learning a thing or two though, knock on wood.

Ms. Acme is indeed a lucky woman to have such a caring partner and I wish you many more years of squeeky bliss.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Mike182 said:
Jewscout ........ your status bar for religion says "not a jew yet but soon" ....... my question is ......... how long until you are a fuly fledged jew? (if "fully fledged" is the right terminology) :jiggy:

ummm wellll
i'll be converted conservative by June, but it will not be recognized by all jews as a true halachic conversion, which means I will have to do it all over again Orthodox when i go to Israel (which i've already found a sweet program geared for people like me)...so who knows how soon that will be...

Buttercup

Veteran Member
To Bastet or Maize,

Which one of you came to visit the other to have your picture taken together that is is the post your pic section? I have wondered that for a bit now. :D

Booko

Deviled Hen
jewscout said:
ummm wellll
i'll be converted conservative by June, but it will not be recognized by all jews as a true halachic conversion, which means I will have to do it all over again Orthodox when i go to Israel (which i've already found a sweet program geared for people like me)...so who knows how soon that will be...

I'm assuming you're going to do it Orthodox in Israel because you wanted to go to Israel anyway?

I'd love to go too, but haven't signed up for pilgrimage yet. We're debating whether to sign the whole family up, considering the kids are already in high school, and the waiting list is probably about five years. There's something to be said for them waiting to go on their own pilgrimage when they're ready for it.

I have a close friend who converted to Reform, though calling it a conversion is sort of a misnomer. Her parents were Jewish, converted to RCC, and she went through a slew of other religious possibilities, and finally...voila!...returns home to Judaism. I was delighted to hear it, and she's happier now than I've seen in years. She had to go to an Orthodox shul in Indianapolis to make sure her conversion was fully recognizable.

My neighbor's youngest is 13 this year and they were going to have his bar mitzvah in Akka this summer, but someone died in the family so they can't have a blow out party there, so there having it in Atlanta instead. I am secretly pleased about that, because if it's in Atlanta I can go like I did for his brother. :)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
evearael said:
I met him through my husband, who's known him since scouts. He's my daughter's Godfather.

and she's cute as a button too:D
just want to dip her in BBQ sauce mmmm baby

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Evearael....What do you think of the west coast? Do you find the people to be quite a bit different? Are you homesick?

evearael

I miss Jewscout, Rachel and my family, but other than that... I'm really happy here because I'm finally reunited with my husband. My husband is loving his classes. My daughter has lots of kids around the neighborhood to play with and pets to look at. It's beautiful here, but it's always raining. I'm pretty insulated from the Californians because I live on base, but most of them seem pretty friendly, though a bit stoned and very well off.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
evearael said:
but most of them seem pretty friendly, though a bit stoned and very well off.
:biglaugh:

Oh boy....that was a good one.

I wish I lived closer to you....I would invite you over for tea or coffee.

We were in N. California in the Redwood forest this weekend. You HAVE to go through there if you get the chance. I hope you continue to acclimate well to your new home.