• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Any RF Member A Question

evearael

Innocence
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - the series - true to Shirow's vision
Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Grave of Fireflies - the most depressing anime ever

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
FeathersinHair said:
I demand to know which ones!

So my question to Buttons and Evearael- what anime and mange series/ movies are your favorites?

When i was 14 i had a HUGE obsession with Dragonball and DragonballZ....(yes, i know, i'm sorry)

anime series:
I've always liked Inu Yasha... (probably my favorite cause i'm a sap for love stories and animals...)
I also liked Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo...(i loved the animation)

manga -- naruto, shaman king... there are more, i just cant think of them....

movies -- totoro, spirited away, some inu yasha movies....i cant think of the names....

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Favorite books? "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea", "The Hobbit", "Winnie the Pooh and two "Golden Books" from Disney: "The Sword in the Stone" and "Pinocchio"

Buttercup

Veteran Member
NetDoc.....

Do you personally know the people that own the dive shop in Eugene, Oregon that advertise on your site?

Also, have you ever had a diving expedition to the Cayman Islands?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Can you tell me the shop's name? If the advertisment is in one of the little boxes on the left, then they are advertising with Google (and spending a fortune) and I probably DON'T know them. Over %80 of all Scuba related ads for Google end up on ScubaBoard.

The Caymans are one of my "Must do" locations. Most of my dive traveling is done by invitation. When they want the "Chairman of the 'Board" to come write a Resort Review then I will probably go! :D

For you Buttercup: Why do you list your religion as "Love & Peace"???

Buttercup

Veteran Member
NetDoc said:
Can you tell me the shop's name? If the advertisment is in one of the little boxes on the left, then they are advertising with Google (and spending a fortune) and I probably DON'T know them. Over %80 of all Scuba related ads for Google end up on ScubaBoard.

I think it's just called the Eugene Dive Shop....I don't have your link handy. I saw their shop advertised on your site back in the "What Do You Do?" thread. We bought our masks and fins there and they thought of buying our house a few years ago. Just thought it was a funny coincidence. :) We used to have a time share on Grand Cayman till hurricane Ivan tore it to shreds and it had to be sold. I've been twice and loved every minute of it. You are right, it is a MUST DO in the snorkel/dive world!

For you Buttercup: Why do you list your religion as "Love & Peace"???

I prefer to not list my religion as Christian because I think people tend to stereotype. I prefer for folks to discern my beliefs through printed text and assess for themselves what i believe in. Also, I think Love and Peace describes Christianity quite well.

I am a pretty liberal Christian. But there are some tenents that are unshakeable to me as far as who Christ was and what he came to do for the human race. I am very firm in my beliefs of the atoning works of Jesus Christ and of our need to accept his divine sacrifice as truth for our lives. :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
Buttons* said:
When i was 14 i had a HUGE obsession with Dragonball and DragonballZ....(yes, i know, i'm sorry)

So did my son. But I find it difficult not to crack up at a cartoon with characters named after vegetables.

My son's best friend introduced him to Evangelion. Immediately after that he launched on a study of Biblical prophecy, and then because of that, numerology. Go figure.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Hehee, I've heard that if you really get into Evangelion, it's hard to avoid the temptation to study those things! It sounds like the symbology is incredibly rich.

Booko

Deviled Hen
FeathersinHair said:
Hehee, I've heard that if you really get into Evangelion, it's hard to avoid the temptation to study those things! It sounds like the symbology is incredibly rich.

It must be! I really should borrow the DVDs sometime.

After watching it, my son absolutely bombarded me with questions about the content and meaning of Revelation.

That led us into a dicsussion of astrology and numerology, natch. And it really doesn't matter if we believe in astrology and numerology today -- THE ANCIENTS DID! To understand the text, you gotta understand the symbology.

Eventually I gave him a copy of a book called "Apocalypse Unsealed" which is an analysis of Revelation, verse by verse, that has footnotes that delve deeply into the symbolic aspects of the text.

At least I got to make dinner in peace for a few nights while he was reading it.

Well, not really...he would keep interrupting me to ask questions about some footnote or other dealing with quadrata circuli. :)

Skeptic that I am, I still find numerology quite fascinating. I don't know that it's "true" but there are times when it is quite useful. Same thing for the psychology of color, fwiw.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Sunstone said:
Here's a question for everyone:

What is the length of your longest friendship (with another human and/or Acme Latext Love Doll)?
Roughly 14 years. We met when I was 7 - I moved towns and she showed me around my new school. We hated each other on sight, so of course became best friends. The friendship ended over, of all things, a guy. :rolleyes: I didn't like her boyfriend at the time, and it was entirely mutual. He won (as tends to happen in these situations lol). Ah well, I take some small satisfaction in that she eventually agreed with me - albeit 8 years later. But, since we haven't spoken in about 9 years, it's kinda moot by now. :p

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Buttercup said:
To Bastet or Maize,

Which one of you came to visit the other to have your picture taken together that is is the post your pic section? I have wondered that for a bit now. :D

I went to the USA to visit Maize, in early October '03. :D Best almost-2-weeks of my life.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Sunstone said:

What is the length of your longest friendship (with another human and/or Acme Latext Love Doll)?

The longest friendship I've had is with my friend Kathy for 25 years. I have another really good friend named Cathy whom I've been friends with for 16 years. Mary Jane has been a dear buddy for 11 years and my newest good friend of a lesser time is Roxy of 4 years. Generally when I become friends with someone....it's for a long time. :) Life would suck without good friends. We all need people we can count on.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Master Vigil....

How is that Pulsus short coming along? Haven't heard any updates on your progress....:)

Anything more to show us?

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
Sunstone said:

18 years. Even though we live far away from each other, we still keep in touch.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Sunstone said:

25 years. My friend Jodi...met her in Kindergarten. Been friends ever since.