• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ask Any RF Member A Question

Buttercup

Veteran Member
evearael said:
Thank you! How do you like things further north, Buttercup?

I was raised a beach brat in S. California but have been in Oregon 20 years and feel like this is my home. Oregon is the best place in the world in the summer. It's mildly hot (usually mid eighties, no humidity) green, scarcely populated and there's plenty to do outdoors which is my favorite place to be.

My dad lives here but my mom lives in central California so we make trips down south a couple of times a year. But, I'm always so thankful to get back up here! :D

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I will keep looking but need to log off this computer.....it is frustratingly SLOW>....brb after I log onto our other one.

Master Vigil

ChrisP said:
*blinks*... knew you were young but that young? Wow.
Yeah I know. :D 21, and still learning.

M_V what was the... catalyst in your rapid movement down the spiritual path? (poorly worded... but here's hoping you get it)
I first saw my main spirit guide in 5th grade. After that, it was all studying, training, and learning from him and my other spirit guides. My 16th birthday was the absolute deciding factor however, that was the night I was able to see each and every spirit around me. It was the most amazing night of my life. Then the next morning I could only smell them, talk about a test of patience. :D But that allowed me to learn more from them, and more about myself, which allowed my study in religions to be less biased on my previous paradigms.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
FeathersinHair said:
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex? (I think it's on someone's hat. I've never seen the series, but have read articles about it.)
I've seen it before. I didn't like it too much... but i'm more into love stories than cyborgs...

evearael

Yay, Feathers! It's actually the image imposed over the face of a hacker, who was dubbed the Laughing Man by the media. The series is really fascinating, with well developed characters, intelligent plots, beautiful animation and haunting music. It is well worth renting if you cannot afford to buy it.

evearael

Buttons*... the Stand Alone Complex series or the movie? The tv series is actually much truer to the manga, with its intricacies. Love is on the perimeter, not the driving point of the series. It has more commentary on the soul and what it is to be human, than anything else.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
evearael said:
Buttons*... the Stand Alone Complex series or the movie? The tv series is actually much truer to the manga, with its intricacies. Love is on the perimeter, not the driving point of the series. It has more commentary on the soul and what it is to be human, than anything else.
ooooh... well then! *smiles* I may take another look at it. ;)

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
evearael said:
Let me know what you think, it's my favorite! What media do you like, Buttons*?
I like some Anime, Manga... but only one or two series I actually keep up with. (making you wonder which ones? ;) )

I love strange movies, the kind that make you think, "....huh...." (or that make you think in general) *smiles*
American Beauty, Requeim for a Dream, Fight Club, and Ghost World are a few of my favorites....

I also like books on religion and philosophy....

I HATE (most) reality TV... BUT i make an exception for this season of American Idol because of Chris Daughtry.... *giggles* That man has a beautiful voice....