• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arming teachers is a great idea

I’m going to go out on a whim and say you haven’t taken a look at the state of the American education system lately? I'll save you some time: it's not good. It's chronically underfunded, budgets are being slashed regularly, classroom size has ballooned in recent years, and every indicator available has pointed to one key trend: the government has little interest in providing more money to help teachers actually teach. As of this writing, every single public school teacher in the state of West Virginia is on strike, demanding higher wages. That's how bad things are - they're demanding higher wages because a shocking number of teachers can only make ends meet by subsisting on federal assistance in addition to their salaries. Shouldn't we as a nation put SOME value on the individuals entrusted in teaching and guiding our children? Shouldn't they be paid appropriately and not have to worry about not getting reimbursed for buying classroom supplies?

The answer is that we don't really care about giving teachers more money to do their job - but we are totally fine with giving them enough money to purchase firearms and train them, apparently smh

Instead of paying for armed gaurds, pay for the teachers to be armed. That slashes extra expenses in paying gaurds.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I know right? Who’s pays for the guns?
Didn’t he say it’s less expensive to arm teachers?
Well, in fantasy land where you just give them a gun and that solves the problem, it probably is. No traing or further associated costs involved. Woohoo, problem solved!

Picture supplied without commentary. May or may not be relevant to the thread
images

I think bugs bunny would agree with me.

I seen one of his shows where he grabbed elmer fuds gun and shot him with it.

Way ta go bugsy!

Prometheus85

Reality is, to be a truck driver is simple. Apart from the ridiculous electronic logs and even paper logs, rest when your sleepy. Drive all day. Make wide turns. Obey road signs and lights. Learn to back. Turn weel left if you want trailer to go right. Turn weel right if you want trailer to go left.

Unhook trailer, role landing gear, unhook the airhoses. Go in and get the bill of laden. Scan it to get paid.

Follow your GPS(truck GPS).

Thats IT.

Reality is, have the gun loaded. Safety on. Put it in a side pocket. When you need to use it, take safety off, point, pull trigger.

So basically driving a truck is the same as arming teachers and shooting bad guys.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I think bugs bunny would agree with me.

I seen one of his shows where he grabbed elmer fuds gun and shot him with it.

Way ta go bugsy!
If you think a cartoon rabbit is a good model for dealing with armed threats, that probably answers a lot of questions, actually.

Prometheus85

Instead of paying for armed gaurds, pay for the teachers to be armed. That slashes extra expenses in paying gaurds.

You got any evidence backing that up?

I already sent a link to a article explaining the estimated cost to armed teachers will be in the billions of tax payer money.

Of course paying for the teachers guns and having them trained how to use it will cost, but if you hire armed gaurds, that will cost more because now you dont just pay for guns and training but you also pay extra salaries for gaurds.

Arming teachers is less strain on the taxpayer.

Someone said theyed find it hard to shoot a mad shooter where kids are between them.

Why would it? Think of it, if you dont shoot him for fear the child is in the way, he will shoot you AND THE CHILD as well.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Someone said theyed find it hard to shoot a mad shooter where kids are between them.

Why would it? Think of it, if you dont shoot him for fear the child is in the way, he will shoot you AND THE CHILD as well.
Friendly fire collateral damage is acceptable then how many kids dead ate the limit for that. It a tense situation I think in the 6th grade Mr. Stover would have shot me just to get me to shut up. Maybe only in the leg though.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Why stop with arming the teachers? Why not arm the students too? Heck, I'm all for arming everyone in the school, and then militarizing it like we've done with our police departments. Shouldn't the football team have it's own main battle tank? I can't see why not. "Camouflage and Kevlar for the kids!" That's my view!

Don't stop there! Train them like Navy SEALs so they can learn how to fast rope to their classes! Or jump out of planes to do their research projects.