• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arming teachers is a great idea

74x12

Not really, you'd go looking for the shooter and all you'd accomplish is getting yourself killed and adding your handgun to his stash. Get real and stop thinking it happens like in the movies.
I wouldn't expect teachers to run out into the hallways and be a "hero" even if they were armed. But, hypothetically if you hide and the shooter doesn't see you then you have a good chance of taking him out before he does notice you; as long as you can keep your cool. Sure the shooter may have the advantage but you do have a chance.

Prometheus85

They have gun lockers in Israeli schools with "assault rifles" so it's not a big deal. The Israelis have been doing it for years ... how many school shootings do you hear about from Israel?

Most of, if not all armed personnel in Israel are military. Israeli gun policy is much more stringent. Second, Israeli gun culture is fundamentally differently than America’s.

Israel dismisses NRA’s claims about guns laws

Prometheus85

The reality is, the one who shoots the other first is the one who gets the upperhand.

That could be him shooting me, or me shooting him.

Its not guaranteed hed shoot me first. Remember, its not the movies.

You ever been in a shootout? Just asking?

You ever been in a shootout? Just asking?

No and i dont need to be in order to make a logical point.

And if your gonna use that rediculious tactic, then by the same standard, all your points are invalidated too since youv not been in a shootout.

Give that tactic up.

74x12

Most of, if not all armed personnel in Israel are military. Israeli gun policy is much more stringent. Second, Israeli gun culture is fundamentally differently than America’s.

Israel dismisses NRA’s claims about guns laws
Yes they rely on their security services to prevent attacks. A very tiny nation that is close nit and has mandatory military service for the most part. The situations are totally different. The point is we obviously cannot rely solely on security services alone. We also cannot simply wall off the people trying to kill us like in Israel. (BTW, I'm not getting into those politics, just saying ...)

Prometheus85

No and i dont need to be in order to make a logical point.

And if your gonna use that rediculious tactic, then by the same standard, all your points are invalidated too since youv not been in a shootout.

Give that tactic up.

Logical point? More like illogical points. I’m not the one talking like im a expert on guns and how to use guns and a commander on the battlefield lol

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Uhhh...when I was in high school there rifles and shotguns hung in open sight in many trucks in the student parking lot. The idea of a school shooter was completely foreign to us during that time.

Causation vs Correlation, even assuming your recollections are both accurate and representative.

No guns at my kids school, and no shootings.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
The reality is, the one who shoots the other first is the one who gets the upperhand.

That could be him shooting me, or me shooting him.

Its not guaranteed hed shoot me first. Remember, its not the movies.
Not really. Even if you got him first with your popgun, and did not kill him instantly, he'd make hash out of you with his 7.62 NATO rounds. Have you ever shot a 9mm pistol or an AR-15? If you did nothing but that you'd understand the difference.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
One dont need to be a john maclean, one just needs to be a better shooter then the other guy bent on evil.

They also need impulse control, training on when to shoot and when not to, etc. Also there's an inherent assumption here that the shooter isn't the teacher, I guess.

Logical point? More like illogical points. I’m not the one talking like im a expert on guns and how to use guns and a commander on the battlefield lol

How are my points illogical?

And i never said or claimed to be a gun expert.

I simply am making a logical point that arming teachers would increase defense and security.

How is that illogical?

Prometheus85

I simply am making a logical point that arming teachers would increase defense and security.

How is that illogical?

You haven’t made no point at all. You just keep repeating Arming teachers would increase defense and security without even explaining how arming teachers would increase defense and security.

Where does the defense and security part come into play when arming teachers? Does that prevent the shooter form entering the school?

Not really. Even if you got him first with your popgun, and did not kill him instantly, he'd make hash out of you with his 7.62 NATO rounds. Have you ever shot a 9mm pistol or an AR-15? If you did nothing but that you'd understand the difference.

Thing is, if i did kill him instantly, then its over.

Or if i stunned him enough for him to not shoot back, then i can finish him with another pop.

Anything is possible.

I dont deny I COULD BE THE ONE TO DIE.

But for you to deny that id not have a chance being armed and he could die, that is a bit odd.

You haven’t made no point at all. You just keep repeating Arming teachers would increase defense and security without even explaining how arming teachers would increase defense and security.

Where does the defense and security part come into play when arming teachers? Does that prevent the shooter form entering the school?

Ive been only going over it in these pages of posts.

Prometheus85

How is that illogical?

U never claimed to be a gun expert, but that’s not stopping you from talking like you’re a gun expert.

It’s also not stopping you from talking like you can see into the future. Seeing as you gave multiple scenarios on how a situation between armed teachers and active shooters play out lol

Prometheus85

Thing is, if i did kill him instantly, then its over.

Or if i stunned him enough for him to not shoot back, then i can finish him with another pop.

Anything is possible.

I dont deny I COULD BE THE ONE TO DIE.

But for you to deny that id not have a chance being armed and he could die, that is a bit odd.

Again have you ever been in a shootout?

U never claimed to be a gun expert, but that’s not stopping you from talking like you’re a gun expert.

It’s also not stopping you from talking like you can see into the future. Seeing as you gave multiple scenarios on how a situation between armed teachers and active shooters play out lol

Im not even talking like a gun expert either.

Im talking logical points. Period. If you disagree with the points. Well, bring it to the table, otherwise, this nonsense your talking now is just dismissive to the point raised.

Prometheus85

Im not even talking like a gun expert either.

Im talking logical points. Period. If you disagree with the points. Well, bring it to the table, otherwise, this nonsense your talking now is just dismissive to the point raised.

All you’ve been given is assumptions. Assumptions based off your premise that is false. You have giving no evidence for anything that you said.

Where is your proof that arming teachers is less expensive???????