• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you Greater than an Ape?

for lack of ability?.....does animals believe?

• no....they cannot

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • we are dust as they are dust

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • faith saves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Did Hitler say the Jews are the lowest human life form, they are rats that must be exterminated?
What did Hitler say about the Black man?
or the Gypsies?
Who was the superior race?
Every thing he said was due to evolutionary concepts in the early 20th century.
“I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord’s work.”--Adolph Hitler, 1936

Do you see what Darwinianism does to any person, whether a Christian or Communist?
It bad stuff guys!
By that logic, I must conclude that all Christians are pedophiles.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Well, for starters, that dead man rose from the dead.
Do you know of others?
The religion of Christianity is one of Life, eternal LIFE!
The religion of Evolution is one one of Death!
Eternal Death!
First of all, you are basing your belief in that man rising from the dead on gossip and legend. You know there are other religious martyrs that are rumored to have risen from the dead. Al-Hallaj comes to mind, the Sufi mystic who claimed to be God. He willingly went to his own execution, and was later said to have risen. Sufism is still alive today.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
OK Lets look at one Australopiticus.
Mrs Pless.
Mrs Ples is probably Mr Ples after all, research shows – Maropeng and Sterkfontein Caves | Official Visitor Centres for the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage Site
Face?, an Ape!
What South Africa's Caves Can Tell You About Humankind
I stay only 12 Km from Maropeng, "The Cradle of Human kind", and drive past it every day.
if you look at the pictures on the display on how Australopeticus would have looked like, You will notice that it has almost no hair, it stands upright, its hairlines are defined, and they appear as human.
Now how the hell did they know that from a scull?
I see bias and artistic freedom to make an ape look human.
I am waiting for the university of Wits to put some clothing on it soon.
Look at the pictures of Australopiticus and tell me if you understand that an intelligent Human could have evolved from such a creature?
If this is the case, why dont we have more apes with the intelligence of humans?
I mean, they developed much longer than the supposed humans did!
Do paleontologists want to tell me that different ape homonids all evolved into Humans?
Is this why there are different Races?
Is it not racist to make such a claim?
If I call an Ape dumb, can I call other so called "Apes" dumb too if their appearance is different to mine?
Is this the reason why the Asian IQ is higher than the Sub Saharan Black man?
Did they evolve better?
Were their Ape ancestor more clever than the African one?
or do they want to tell me only one line became human, and the other branches failed to evolve?
And in this one line we have different IQ measurements because they branched out into different ethnicities?

No, this is purelya case of taking extinct spiecies' sculls aand making a claim that they all follow one straight line in becomming Humans.
I am not so gullable to believe that Bull Dung at all!
To all the evolutionists:
Here is a picture of your Mama!

View attachment 33620 View attachment 33621
The one remarkable thing that we know about Australopithecus is that he walked upright. We know this from the hip bone. We know this from more the hip bone of more than one skeleton. The primary skeleton to be found was dubbed LUCY: her skeleton is almost complete. You really should google her and learn a few things -- she is iconic.

I don't think we know for sure how hairy Australopithecus was, but because of indications of the body's thermo-regulatory system, it is theorized that this species WAS hairy. Usually the artwork depicts Australopithecus as hairy, so I'm not sure where you found your art (much less your other inaccurate info).

It is also true that their tool making was more advanced than any of the other Great Apes such as Chimpanzees, but less advanced than genus Homo. Also, it appears from the evidence that they spent time BOTH in the trees and on the ground standing up, IOW a transition. These are two of the reasons why they are their own distinct family.

BTW, Science does not acknowledge the concept of Race. As far as we are concerned, there is no such thing -- it is merely a convenient form of categorization that people have made up, what we call "social construct," but it doesn't really exist when you examine it closely.

For example, lets consider the category of the "negroid." What particular trait shall we look at? Shall we look at skin color? Nose? Lips? Hair? Let's look at skin, though the same process holds for any feature.

1. There is no geographic limit to where the skin color dies out. The dark skin continues on into populations that would not be considered negroid, such as the Arabs and Indians. It only appears exclusive to Blacks when the culture consists primarily of Africans and Europeans such as in the time of history when Europeans and Americans had African slaves.

2. If you take the AVERAGE color skin of what is supposed to be the negroid, what you will find is that this color appears in the extreme variations of other populations. IOW, you will find SOME Europeans that are naturally as dark as the average so-called negroid (naturally meaning not as a result of cross breeding).

3. The Human Genome, aka that which separates us from other Great Apes, is present in all the so-called races. It's development can be traced to Africa, and from there our species migrated around the word. THAT is what the evidence shows. and is far more significant than the genetic diversity.

Last edited:

Bear Wild

Let us put it this way.
Newton, [Galileo, and Copernicus] had a theory that it is gravity that pulls everything to the earth, and he thought [THEORY] THAT IF HE COULD SHOOT A CANON ON A MOUNTAIN PEAK FAST ENOUGH TO HAVE THE CANONBALL FALL PERPETUALLY AROUND THE EARTH?
He followed this up with another theory, [THEORY] that the moon falls around the earth, and both fall around the Sun.
Newton then wrote his thesis' and explained with mathematics on the workings of gravity, devised how to measure it, work out the strengths and all these proveable facts about gravity.
This is called experimental science which removes the theoretical science to its newly aqquired level of science.
Then he worked out how other planets moved around the sun, work out how the inverted square on area and distance calculated.
Again he changed theory into Experimental and in this case, observational science.
he continued and invented much more mathematical principals to support his Theory with experimental science.
This he also did with optics!
He theorised, and said many men would have found what I did, if they think as hard as I did.
And he was able to reproduce his findings by experiment, and observation.

Now, show me one experiment or observation on Evolution!
And I will show you pre conceived bias and bull dung assumptions galore.
Evolution is only a theory pal, nothing less, and nothing more.

There are so many experiments and observations that support evolution that it is hard to believe you have not come across any. Evolution is the only theory that does have evidence which has been accumulating since it was first proposed and all of the evidence supports the theory. You would have to state we know nothing in the fields of biology and geology alone to deny the theory of evolution since they support the theory.
You do not have any theory to explain life that has supporting evidence and you deny the evidence that shows you are genetically associated with apes. Go through any discussion presented on evolution and there has been given more that sufficient evidence by everyone who took the time to present the evidence with links.

Not wanting to understand or accept the evidence does not make the truth disappear - only allows you to live in a fantasy.

Bear Wild

The Bible is much more reliable than Pseudo scientific claims such as Evolution.
So give us the evidence to back this statement up. Real evidence that can be confirmed. Start with where the bible explains in clear detail about what the fossil record means - and not vague interpretations. Give the evidence where the bible explains with evidence how cancers and diseases occur. Give the evidence from the bible that humans are not biologically related to other apes. Real evidence not the just because it says so. Then we can compare it to the evidence supporting the bible claims to the evidence supporting evolution!

JesusKnowsYou

I believe this is an over statement of the nature of humanity. I do not believe humans are 'literally children of God.'
How does our disagreement on the nature of God and our relationship to Him make me "self-important"?

My beliefs did not come from me, but from my interpretation of scripture and other sources.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
How does our disagreement on the nature of God and our relationship to Him make me "self-important"?

I believe on an individual level and the church level there is definitely a frame of reference of self-importance and as a fact exclusiveness of Divine authority over other religions and churches. This also true of Judaism, Christianity as a whole, many other churches and Islam.

My beliefs did not come from me, but from my interpretation of scripture and other sources.

It does not make any difference where it comes from, nonetheless your sources instill a self-importance and exclusive authority of your church as well as the individuals in your church,

Last edited:

JJ50

So give us the evidence to back this statement up. Real evidence that can be confirmed. Start with where the bible explains in clear detail about what the fossil record means - and not vague interpretations. Give the evidence where the bible explains with evidence how cancers and diseases occur. Give the evidence from the bible that humans are not biologically related to other apes. Real evidence not the just because it says so. Then we can compare it to the evidence supporting the bible claims to the evidence supporting evolution!

There is no evidence to back up his daft claims.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I was not commenting on any of the other conversations, only the OP.

You sure are going out of your way to not explain yourself.
You still should have done your homework. You said this:

"Human beings are the literal children of God. The potential inheritors of the Universe and all the powers that be.

Apes are not."

You contradicted yourself since human beings are apes. You said that apes both are and are not the "literal children of God" that was the self contradiction.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
You still should have done your homework. You said this:

"Human beings are the literal children of God. The potential inheritors of the Universe and all the powers that be.

Apes are not."

You contradicted yourself since human beings are apes. You said that apes both are and are not the "literal children of God" that was the self contradiction.
While you may be technically correct, you're splitting hairs. You know what the posted you just quoted meant, yet you chose to be deliberately obtuse.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
While you may be technically correct, you're splitting hairs. You know what the posted you just quoted meant, yet you chose to be deliberately obtuse.

Not really. The person was a bit late to the discussion. After he was told that he should at least have seen which way the conversation went and he did not do that. My so called "obtuseness" was well justified.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
My so called "obtuseness" was well justified.
obtuse
[əbˈt(y)o͞os, äbˈt(y)o͞os]
ADJECTIVE​

1. annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand.
    "he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse"
    synonyms:
    stupid · dull · slow-witted · slow · dull-witted · unintelligent · witless ·
    [more]
    • difficult to understand.
      "some of the lyrics are a bit obtuse"
  2. (of an angle) more than 90° and less than 180°.
    "an obtuse angle of 150°"
  3. not sharp-pointed or sharp-edged; blunt.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
obtuse
[əbˈt(y)o͞os, äbˈt(y)o͞os]
ADJECTIVE

• (of an angle) more than 90° and less than 180°.
      "an obtuse angle of 150°"
    • not sharp-pointed or sharp-edged; blunt.
Hence the use of scare quotes. Thank you.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
back to topic....

and the topic is not so much the physical attributes of what our lesser cousins can do
compares to the lesser abilities of ourselves

I believe we are different because of Divine Intervention
(Chapter Two of Genesis)

an alteration took place
a skip in the scheme of evolution

but that skip...though it was dealt upon the body of Man
was aimed to our ability to develop a soul

SA Huguenot

OK, Genesis 1 and 2

SA Huguenot

The one remarkable thing that we know about Australopithecus is that he walked upright. We know this from the hip bone. We know this from more the hip bone of more than one skeleton. The primary skeleton to be found was dubbed LUCY: her skeleton is almost complete. You really should google her and learn a few things -- she is iconic.
Wait, a bit!
Lucy's skeleton is almost complete?
Who told you that?
you are either telling a lie, or you are totally indoctronated by pseudoscience BS!
Lucy's carcass comprises of only 40%!
Why this lie?
Do you know that the knee bone, which incidently was the reason to believe Lucy walked upright, was...
DISCOVERED HALF A KILOMETER AWAY?
Furthermore, all I see is an ape that might have walked upright that died out, became extinct!
And you say that ape is your MAMA?

SA Huguenot

I don't think we know for sure how hairy Australopithecus was, but because of indications of the body's thermo-regulatory system, it is theorized that this species WAS hairy. Usually the artwork depicts Australopithecus as hairy, so I'm not sure where you found your art (much less your other inaccurate info).
The only art on any Homonid comes from your atheist evolutionist pseudo scientists.
They are the ones who would draw an ape looking human like.
If I were to use creationist websites, you will see fully apes.

SA Huguenot

It is also true that their tool making was more advanced than any of the other Great Apes such as Chimpanzees, but less advanced than genus Homo. Also, it appears from the evidence that they spent time BOTH in the trees and on the ground standing up, IOW a transition. These are two of the reasons why they are their own distinct family.
OK, so we found an ape carcass, the legbone 500 meters away, in the area we found pebble size tools, and you know it was Lucy.
Why so gullable?
Sharp pebbles in the area of the fossil can also mean that humans killed Lucy and ate its flesh.
I mean, we have the Laeotoli footprints to show that Humans were living close to these apes.

Status
Not open for further replies.