• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you Greater than an Ape?

for lack of ability?.....does animals believe?

• no....they cannot

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • we are dust as they are dust

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • faith saves

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Huguenot

Why is it so hard to get some theists to grasp that humans are apes? Your question is nonsensical.
Ha, It is flippern hilarious.
Where on earth is there any evidence for this stupidity?
Oh, I forgot, the Evolutionists took aome ape skulls which was fossilised, and arranged it from small brain cavities, to larger, and placed thje Human one at the end.
Stood back and said, hey look, we have evidence that humans developed from this ape that died out a long time ago!
Big deal!
I have pictures of people with ostrich feet, others with scales on their skin, some with hair all over their bodies, I even saw people with 8 limbs.
Does this mean they are birds, apes, spiders, crocodiles?
No, they might have some traits, but they are pure human.
Why take bones and look for similarities to claim evolution.
Why not look at the cell structure, DNA ect, and realise that apes and Humans are perhaps designed with the same structure, but they are not related?
Come on, dont believe this fairytale frog to prince story man, you are an adult now!

JJ50

Oh, I forgot, the Evolutionists took aome ape skulls which was fossilised, and arranged it from small brain cavities, to larger, and placed thje Human one at the end.
Stood back and said, hey look, we have evidence that humans developed from this ape that died out a long time ago!
Big deal!
I have pictures of people with ostrich feet, others with scales on their skin, some with hair all over their bodies, I even saw people with 8 limbs.
Why not look at the cell structure, DNA ect, and realise that apes and Humans are perhaps designed with the same structure, but they are not related?
Come on, dont believe this fairytale frog to prince story man, you are an adult now!

Your posts get more and more foolish.:rolleyes:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
learn what?
Evolution?
From who?
You?
Do you think I can not read what the evolutionists publish themself?
or do you know something they dont?
Please show me!

You could learn from quite a few here. But you might start with the basics. You do not even know what is and what is not evidence. And you should learn what the scientific method is. You have been listening to people that do not understand these basic concepts (or those that do are lying to you). It would make you a better debater if you understood these concepts. It would help you to avoid making embarrassingly ignorant posts.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Big deal!

There is evidence everywhere. You do not understand what is and what is not evidence. Sadly your beliefs fit under the category "stupidity".

So, how about learning what is and what is not evidence first?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

:facepalm: It's a biological classification - go look in a textbook or any reputable biology site. It doesn't matter if you believe in evolution or not, the classification stands. You are an ape just as you are a vertebrate and a mammal.

SA Huguenot

You could learn from quite a few here. But you might start with the basics. You do not even know what is and what is not evidence. And you should learn what the scientific method is. You have been listening to people that do not understand these basic concepts (or those that do are lying to you). It would make you a better debater if you understood these concepts. It would help you to avoid making embarrassingly ignorant posts.
OK, so let start with the "Scientific principle"!
Explain and lets get educated.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
different topic...…
not a bad idea

post as a fresh op

but for THIS thread.....
ARE you greater than an ape?
Your question is poorly formed as asked and cannot be answered except to point out that you are an ape. It is a nonsensical question. Are you greater than yourself? Does that make any sense at all?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Why is it so hard to get some theists to grasp that humans are apes? Your question is nonsensical.
Because they don't want to be an "ape". Many people are told from an early age that they are God's special creation, even on the individual level (something about God knowing you before you were born).

All this back and forth about fossils and such just skirts the real issue at hand. Creationist absolutely refuse to believe that they are related to other primates....period. It's a hard line in the sand that they will never, ever compromise on. That explains why they're seemingly unconcerned about telling lies (Lucy's leg bone being found at another site). As long as it supports the maintenance of that line in the sand, it's all good.

You asked the creationist in this thread why he won't address the evidence that's been presented to him. The answer to that is obvious.....because this isn't about the data. For creationists, this is about theology (and more deeply, psychology), not biology. And because of that, most attempts to persuade by appealing to the science are doomed to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.