• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you a cat whisperer?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Cats were regarded as deities by the ancient Egyptians.

Cats have not forgotten this.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I put the phone on charge and tried it on my tablet, its magic when you can see the whole screen

I got 7/8. And i still think the first one looks positive but i have thought that before and have the scars to prove i was wrong

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
upload_2021-4-22_16-37-4.png

A Vestigial Mote

My family used to have a lot of cats during my youth. I only missed the screen door one as well - like some others. I thought I detected that cat's right paw reaching for something right at the end, which I assumed (incorrectly) that it was going to play with.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Ten? You on a lot of meds then?
We had 10 cats about a year ago and we had that many cats for quite a long time, but we lost 6 cats in one year and got 3 so now we only have 7 cats. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I wanted to get back to 10 but I finally realized we are probably better off with 7 because they are all Persians and they require a lot of extra care, such as brushing, and they also have more health problems than ordinary cats. I might still get another cat if we lose another cat, but I am hoping that won't happen soon.:disrelieved: It is really difficult to find adult Persian cats anymore even though I have the money to buy one. They are just scarcer than hen's teeth.

Nimos

Sorry Nimos, I do not believe that anymore than you believe in God. There is just too much evidence that my cats do care. ;)
I don't know anything about cats, my general impression of them though, is that they very much only do whatever they like and pretty much only what benefits themselves. :D

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I don't know anything about cats, my general impression of them though, is that they very much only do whatever they like and pretty much only what benefits themselves. :D
That might be true but that does not mean that cats don't care about their humans.
My general impression of most humans is that they very much only do whatever they like and pretty much only what benefits themselves. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

While they lack opposable thumbs to work the tin opener they care deeply for their human slaves.

However, once they crack the tin opener trick humans are gone from their lives

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry Nimos, I do not believe that anymore than you believe in God. There is just too much evidence that my cats do care. ;)

Oh, they very much *do* care--that you feed them, pet them (when they want and no longer), maybe change the litter box, etc.