• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there questions God doesn't want you to ask?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Modern Abrahamic (Jewish, Christian and muslim) theologians usually go with maximally powerful because omnipotence contradicts itself and leads to irrational conclusions. If you care, it is easy enough to google. If you don't care, dont worry about it. I acknowledge that you go with the all powerful definition.

If God is all powerful, then he had a choice of which universe he would create. And being all knowing, he intentionally chose to create the universe with all of its objects and events from start to finish . He could have chosen to create any other universe, but he intentional chose this one. Which means that he intentionally chose all of the characteristics of this universe, including that poem I wrote to Becky in the third grade. Which means that he wrote the poem. Not me.

Illogical. If He did make you a free-will creative spiritual being, then what you wrote was from you and not Him.

Again, a victim mentality. It makes for the position that we are just robots and have no free will.

Omnipotence does not contradict itself. It is the interpretation that contradict itself because it self-creates its own interpretation which may or may not be right.

You can chose all the characteristics of this universe and still give place for mankind to change the characteristics of this universe.

If I tell and teach my child not to play with fire and then, later in life, he chooses to play with fire and gets burnt, I am not responsible for his actions. The characteristic of fire and the consequences of fire may all be there, but the consequences depends on what you decided to do, not the characteristics of fire or the playing with it thereof.

Kenny

Premium Member
You can't be saying satan wasn't created by God, can you? Can you???
God created a being of worship. What he became later was the creations decision, not God's.

You may create your child. But if at age 50, your child decides to become a murderer, you can't say that you created a murderer. You created a child, instructed him (assuming of course) - right and wrong. What he did at age 50 would not be your fault.

Kenny

Premium Member
You made a claim about the health of people in heaven and before Adam. I assume you have evidence of this claim

I have His personal word on it. Written down as His last-will and Testament as an inheritance.

People will try to take away what rightfully belongs to you because of its value. The bigger the value, the more other entities try to get their fingers on it.

I just don't let them take it away. :)

ppp

Illogical. If He did make you a free-will creative spiritual being, then what you wrote was from you and not Him.
But he made me write that specific thing. Fashioned every thought, every impulse, hand movement, paper, periwinkle crayon. Every atom. every force. Every thing. In other words, I was a hand puppet.

Tell me, KenS, Could I changed one word of the poem from that which God already knew?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have His personal word on it. Written down as His last-will and Testament as an inheritance.

People will try to take away what rightfully belongs to you because of its value. The bigger the value, the more other entities try to get their fingers on it.

I just don't let them take it away. :)

If you say so,

Or you could say you don't have evidence for your claim

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Illogical. If He did make you a free-will creative spiritual being

Personally I see "Free Will" as something Divine. God has "Free Will". His thought/word can materialize instantly.
Not many humans have this ability. At least I have not seen many exhibit it. Some magicians fake it though.

"Free choices" or "Free wishes" is more how I see humans being free in creating their lives.
Humans generally have not much Will Power, especially when it comes to giving up their vices;)

then what you wrote was from you and not Him.
IMO: IF Free Will is something Divine, not something mundane THEN when we follow Free Will might be something from Him.

Humans have been given "Free Will" (God has Free Will too), so I see this as humans have been given the option to behave Divine

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Definitions of assume
Verb
suppose to be the case, without proof

A direct claim is not an assumption. I really would love to see evidence of the health of people in heaven... It may even cause me to rethink

ppp

God created a being of worship. What he became later was the creations decision, not God's.

You may create your child. But if at age 50, your child decides to become a murderer, you can't say that you created a murderer. You created a child, instructed him (assuming of course) - right and wrong. What he did at age 50 would not be your fault.
So?

If I KNOW my son is going to put his hand in the cookie jar... am I responsible for his actions just because I made the cookies?
If you create the entire universe, including his every impulse, thought, tendency and event. Yes.

Kenny

Premium Member
But he made me write that specific thing. Fashioned every thought, every impulse, hand movement, paper, periwinkle crayon. Every atom. every force. Every thing. In other words, I was a hand puppet.

Tell me, KenS, Could I changed one word of the poem from that which God already knew?
yes, you can change it. That is why there is an eraser.

But did He MAKE you write that specific thing? Are you a robot? No free thought?

Incidentally, He DOESN'T fashion every thought...

2 Corinthians 10 We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ.

The warped philosophies of man are not the thoughts of God.

Back to the drawing board :)