• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there questions God doesn't want you to ask?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
But I am sure of one thing. If we make "bad" choices then one day we face bad results
How it works out exactly, this I don't know. But it seems like a fair thing to me

Ow? So please, do tell... what is fair about a 2-year old getting leukemia?
Give an example of an action or decision by a 2-year old that makes it "fair" for that kid to get leukemia?
You take what I said completely out of context. I was clearly talking about action and reaction
Obvious you are only interested in finding faults, and not interested to understand what I meant

And I have no interested at all in this kind of interaction

I was sharing about karma, and you are not interested in that
So, no need we talk about this.

stvdv

Yes, it was. "We are all god's children", is what they say.
And you said: "Suppose I put a glass of poison in front of you". Why would you do that?
Was hypothetical, to illustrate something about karma. Clearly you are not interested in this idea, hence you try to seek negativity only.

The concept you provide, is obvious nonsense
Thanks for sharing your opinion. We clearly disagree here.

So what could a 2-year old possibly do that makes it justified for it to get leukemia?
You twist what I was writing. I was only talking about criminals escaping justice in this life.

But please, do tell, what is the causal chain here... what choices of a 2-year old leads to that kid getting leukemia?
You start about this, I never did. Any disease can have several causes anyway. You find out yourself.

Maybe you shouldn't make such inhumane statements about 2-year olds getting leukemia until you find out?
Maybe, just maybe, if you DON'T KNOW, you shouldn't pretend that you do?

You are asserting a causal chain here, but "you don't know" how it works?
So on what basis are you then asserting that causal chain?????
I did not assert anything. You have a very imaginative mind, seeing things that are not there.

stvdv

To give you a list of all the people who smoke and got lung cancer would be too long to print out on RF, don't you think?

What about non-smokers who get lung cancer?
There are many of those as well, you know....

And then there's also bone cancer, leukemia, lymfoma, testicular cancer, etc etc etc etc

You conveniently pick out the one cancer of which we know that it can be caused by a specific action like smoking.

Note the word "can". Plenty of smokers never get cancer. In fact, most don't. Smokers are at higher risk of getting lung cancer. Then there are many non-smokers who also get lung cancer.
You conveniently pick out the one cancer of which we know that it can be caused by a specific action like smoking.

You should try it, to just keep your imagination in check, and just stick to the question, like I did, instead of going haywire with all mental scenarios

Last edited:

stvdv

Try a list of 2-year olds who "chose" to get leukemia and explain how they supposedly did that.

Won't be holding my breath.
You better reread my quote. You go totally haywire imposing all kinds of things happening in your mind, that I NEVER claimed at all
I just said that I wished that a serial rapist does not get away with his crime and deserves punishment

I give you 1 hint:
IF you read a sentence from left to right, and then start accusing someone of things you imagine by reading the sentence from right to left. Absurd.

Hypothetical (like you said): God exists
Hypothetical (I add): Reincarnation exists

Imagine the scenario that a serial rapist gets away with serial raping all the time, in this life at least.

I like justice, and I am not a fan of injustice to say the least. And I see serial raping as injustice.

I would not have 1 bad night sleep, knowing that this man reincarnates with childhood-leukemia.

stvdv

The abrahamic religions say god made it all, therefore to a believer in the god of abraham childhood leukemia must logically be one of the things he made. Saying personal sin is the cause of illness is surely contradictory of ones faith?
IMO:
This makes no sense, and I disagree with this. Doing stupid causes pain/illness etc. So sin (as in doing stupid) has reactions.

Hypothetically: God created it all. So also the diseases, and also the guidelines to avoid diseases.

And God also created human with brains. If humans act stupid and blame God for the reactions, I find that strange logic.

IF your father gives you a nice sports car, and you drive 200 km/h and crash. You blame your father for the crash, as he gave you the sports car?
Sure, if the father had not given it to you, you would not have crashed. Same, if God had not granted you life, you would never get diseases.
You always have the option to kill yourself, if you blame God for being alive and getting diseases. IF you accept the game, then play it.
IF a rugby player accepts the sport and get bruised all over, I don't think he blames God for it, you think so?

Makes totally no sense to me, to blame God, for bad stuff happening in the world

I don't think so.

If but by logic, if God created a creative human being... then obviously what the human being created wasn't created by God.

If Satan if the Father of Lies then, in essence, it was Satan who created it as the father of it. Since God cannot lie and there is no lie in Him, then He didn't create it.
Difficult subject "who is responsible". God is the main creator, so the main responsible (like in a big company, the director is main responsible). But the ones below him also are responsible for their parts.

God is also perfect, so He never personally did bad to you. Other humans do, and people do bad to themselves even more.

Simple examples:
1) If a father sexually abuses his daughter The the father is reponsible that the daughter got sexually abused.
2) If a father is the perfect father to his daugher and the daughter becomes a prostitute and get sexually abused, can you then blame the father?

Hypothetically: God created fire that burns human skin
3) If you put your hand in fire, do you blame God for burning your hand

As humans we were given brains. IF we go after trouble THEN it's absurd to blame others, especially God, as God never interacted badly with you

My scripture tells me "All humans have the ability to use conscience and Self Effort, and do positive/negative, and thereby harvest what they sow".
It's as simple as that. Do good, and good will come to you. Sometimes there is some delay, as bad from the past, still has to be worked out

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
A question.

Suppose I put a glass of poison in front of you (which I created/made/bottled), and tell you it's poison that will toxify your blood ("poison leukemia" to give it just a name) and it will eventually kill humans who drink it. You drink it anyway. Do you now claim that, because I made the poison therefore "poison leukemia" is the thing that I created? I would say it's your personal "sin" that caused the disease, claiming otherwise is contrary to science, don't you think?

Please present a list of people who CHOSE to have cancer.

Otherwise, you analogy fails.
Whatever we do in this life has karmic consequences
Many people like to be an ostrich, and pretend "I don't want to know"

To give you a list of all the people who smoke and got lung cancer would be too long to print out on RF, don't you think?

YOU jumped from leukemia to lung cancer simply because lung cancer better fit your narrative.

That is the very definition of moving the goal post.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Difficult subject "who is responsible". God is the main creator, so the main responsible (like in a big company, the director is main responsible). But the ones below him also are responsible for their parts.

God is also perfect, so He never personally did bad to you. Other humans do, and people do bad to themselves even more.

Simple examples:
1) If a father sexually abuses his daughter The the father is reponsible that the daughter got sexually abused.
2) If a father is the perfect father to his daugher and the daughter becomes a prostitute and get sexually abused, can you then blame the father?

Hypothetically: God created fire that burns human skin
3) If you put your hand in fire, do you blame God for burning your hand

As humans we were given brains. IF we go after trouble THEN it's absurd to blame others, especially God, as God never interacted badly with you

My scripture tells me "All humans have the ability to use conscience and Self Effort, and do positive/negative, and thereby harvest what they sow".
It's as simple as that. Do good, and good will come to you. Sometimes there is some delay, as bad from the past, still has to be worked out

LOL... and THAT is why the debate is never ending. :)

There is a Christian counterpart.... "Whatever a man sows so shall he reap"

In Christian thought... God gave man the earth and the authority to rule the earth. Now... if we will just use our brains :)

stvdv

YOU jumped from leukemia to lung cancer simply because lung cancer better fit your narrative.

That is the very definition of moving the goal post.
You seem to have a problem that I just answered your question right. Or are upset you were not specific
Next time be more specific and say "leukemia" if you mean "leukemia", and don't say just "cancer"
Obvious you were being non-specific AND blaming me for changing goal posts is FALSE here

Anyway you were reading more into this whole leukemia than I wrote. You just misinterpreted my words (and in a very negative/bad way). Obviously you are only interested in finding faults in my reply, otherwise you would have asked me a specific question what I meant, instead of jumping to such negative conclusions. In this case my reply was to ChristineM, and I replied to 1 part she said, and not to the part about leukemia, it was to the other part.

But I am totally done with this kind of negative replies(fault finding). Next time you better ask me first. Saves you some embarrassment.

My mind is much more clean and less violent than what you were reading in it. And I rather keep it that way. So, I have put and end to this negativity now.

stvdv

LOL... and THAT is why the debate is never ending. :)

There is a Christian counterpart.... "Whatever a man sows so shall he reap"

In Christian thought... God gave man the earth and the authority to rule the earth. Now... if we will just use our brains :)
Just to be clear, I was agreeing with you on all this God stuff. And I was surprised about all the negativity blaming God for it.
I gave some examples, because others (not you) hold God responsible for their troubles. Unwilling to look at their own bad actions/choices.

I mentioned the same as you mentioned:
My scripture tells me "All humans have the ability to use conscience and Self Effort, and do positive/negative, and thereby harvest what they sow"

There is 1 small thing I am still working on. God created all, so also the possibility that negativity is encountered, like sickness (but what is the fun of a game without rules and goals; so diseases in the game, to correct wrong decisions, even make sense; like red/yellow cards in football). And how I see it now, is that our actions are responsible for the reactions we face. Some are more obvious to understand than others, but when I see the perfection in this Universe, I could never blame God for something, especially knowing my own imperfection, I always look at myself first if I want to blame someone.

So I fully agree with your line.
In my Scripture it is said similar "Never underestimate the power of Self Effort, even to change your own destiny"

Kenny

Premium Member
Just to be clear, I was agreeing with you on all this God stuff. And I was surprised about all the negativity blaming God for it.
I gave some examples, because others (not you) hold God responsible for their troubles. Unwilling to look at their own bad actions/choices.

I mentioned the same as you mentioned:
My scripture tells me "All humans have the ability to use conscience and Self Effort, and do positive/negative, and thereby harvest what they sow"

There is 1 small thing I am still working on. God created all, so also the possibility that negativity is encountered, like sickness (but what is the fun of a game without rules and goals; so diseases in the game, to correct wrong decisions, even make sense; like red/yellow cards in football). And how I see it now, is that our actions are responsible for the reactions we face. Some are more obvious to understand than others, but when I see the perfection in this Universe, I could never blame God for something, especially knowing my own imperfection, I always look at myself first if I want to blame someone.

So I fully agree with your line.
In my Scripture it is said similar "Never underestimate the power of Self Effort, even to change your own destiny"
yes... I understood what you were saying and was just putting a Christian AMEN! to it all! :)

stvdv

yes... I understood what you were saying and was just putting a Christian AMEN! to it all! :)
Amen sounds best to that:). Maybe even better to start with Amen, the moment others try to put God in a negative light.
God for sure can handle His Own Affairs having this Omnipotent attribute at His disposal, and He knows it also, being present:)

Kenny

Premium Member
Amen sounds best to that:). Maybe even better to start with Amen, the moment others try to put God in a negative light.
God for sure can handle His Own Affairs having this Omnipotent attribute at His disposal, and He knows it also, being present:)

I like the statement 2 For 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

God's promises are "yea" - Greek "Truly" or you could say that it is always firm, and we respond Amen as if to say "I establish what you say as true and it will truly come to pass" or "so be it!: :)

stvdv

I like the statement 2 For 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

God's promises are "yea" - Greek "Truly" or you could say that it is always firm, and we respond Amen as if to say "I establish what you say as true and it will truly come to pass" or "so be it!: :)
I don't understand this part "I like the statement 2 For 1:20"

BUT

Thank you for the clear definition what Amen means "I establish what you say as true and it will truly come to pass" or "so be it!:"
Definitely, I should not say Amen in that specific case:). When I wrote it, I sensed something was not right.

I formulated it completely wrong. I just wanted to say "Better stick to God (and His Truth), and not even start talking, when others are very negative". My Master always advises us to repeat God's name (silently) and run away from bad company. Amen is the wrong word for that.

Kenny

Premium Member
L
I don't understand this part "I like the statement 2 For 1:20"

BUT

Thank you for the clear definition what Amen means "I establish what you say as true and it will truly come to pass" or "so be it!:"
Definitely, I should not say Amen in that specific case:). When I wrote it, I sensed something was not right.

I formulated it completely wrong. I just wanted to say "Better stick to God (and His Truth), and not even start talking, when others are very negative". My Master always advises us to repeat God's name (silently) and run away from bad company. Amen is the wrong word for that.
LOL auto correct Cor - short for Corinthias... but it changed it for "for" and I didn't catch it.

stvdv

L

LOL auto correct Cor - short for Corinthias... but it changed it for "for" and I didn't catch it.
Is this coincidentally only happening to me (second time), or does auto-mis-correction happen a lot?:):)
Thanks for clarifying. Now at least it makes sense to me:)

stvdv

L

No coincidence I think. Very important verse (2 cor 1:20) for me. God wants me to really know this.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You seem to have a problem that I just answered your question right. Or are upset you were not specific
Next time be more specific and say "leukemia" if you mean "leukemia", and don't say just "cancer"
Obvious you were being non-specific AND blaming me for changing goal posts is FALSE here

Anyway you were reading more into this whole leukemia than I wrote. You just misinterpreted my words (and in a very negative/bad way). Obviously you are only interested in finding faults in my reply, otherwise you would have asked me a specific question what I meant, instead of jumping to such negative conclusions. In this case my reply was to ChristineM, and I replied to 1 part she said, and not to the part about leukemia, it was to the other part.

But I am totally done with this kind of negative replies(fault finding). Next time you better ask me first. Saves you some embarrassment.

My mind is much more clean and less violent than what you were reading in it. And I rather keep it that way. So, I have put and end to this negativity now.
looks like tail tucked running to me.

But hey, you do you.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
therefore to a believer in the god of abraham childhood leukemia must logically be one of the things he made.
I do not know that God made the disease but he certainly made the conditions that were possible for it's development.

Sorry theists, but there really is no way to get God off the hook for this one and blaming Satan when we all know God created the world just won't fly. :rolleyes: