• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there questions God doesn't want you to ask?

amorphous_constellation

If such a thing exists then I would like ask, what's the deal with childhood leukemia?

What's the deal with any kind of unfair human suffering in this reality, might as well be asked then. We are souls cast into the unstable environment of biology, where things easily break down and we suffer.

The abrahamic model might have evolved toward saying that it is personal sin and fault that causes much of it. I think that perhaps, it instead involves external forces that merely are evil, that go at work upon us. They set traps that we can try to avoid if we can, though perhaps sometimes we cannot. Though I am 'healthy and at peace' much of the time, I try to maintain humility in considering that come tomorrow, I may step in some snare in my path

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What's the deal with any kind of unfair human suffering in this reality, might as well be asked then. We are souls cast into the unstable environment of biology, where things easily break down and we suffer.

The abrahamic model might have evolved toward saying that it is personal sin and fault that causes much of it. I think that perhaps, it instead involves external forces that merely are evil, that go at work upon us. They set traps that we can try to avoid if we can, though perhaps sometimes we cannot. Though I am 'healthy and at peace' much of the time, I try to maintain humility in considering that come tomorrow, I may step in some snare in my path

The abrahamic religions say god made it all, therefore to a believer in the god of abraham childhood leukemia must logically be one of the things he made. Saying personal sin is the cause of illness is surely contradictory of ones faith?

amorphous_constellation

The abrahamic religions say god made it all, therefore to a believer in the god of abraham childhood leukemia must logically be one of the things he made. Saying personal sin is the cause of illness is surely contradictory of ones faith?

Well, your sin opens the door to problems they earned you. It seems to allow the biblical god to cause you problems. To the animist, it seems that problems, not coming from 'good' spiritual forces, simply want to break through the door. You might avoid them by avoiding 'sin' or respecting taboo rules, but they might get through regardless

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Well, your sin opens the door to problems they earned you. It seems to allow the biblical god to cause you problems. To the animist, it seems that problems, not coming from 'good' spiritual forces, simply want to break through the door. You might avoid them by avoiding 'sin' or respecting taboo rules, but they might get through regardless

So god didn't create anything?

Erebus

There are certainly some questions you probably shouldn't ask the gods:

Erebus: Got a light?

Zeus: Got any tips on how to get women to like me?

Thor: Why are you wearing a dress?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
If such a thing exists then I would like ask, what's the deal with childhood leukemia?
Hypothetical (like you said): God exists
Hypothetical (I add): Reincarnation exists

Imagine the scenario that a serial rapist gets away with serial raping all the time, in this life at least.

I like justice, and I am not a fan of injustice to say the least. And I see serial raping as injustice.

I would not have 1 bad night sleep, knowing that this man reincarnates with childhood-leukemia.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I don't think so.

If but by logic, if God created a creative human being... then obviously what the human being created wasn't created by God.

If Satan if the Father of Lies then, in essence, it was Satan who created it as the father of it. Since God cannot lie and there is no lie in Him, then He didn't create it.