• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are Evolutionists Delusional ???

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'd be cautious about placing my faith in liars, FFH. From what I've seen, the leaders of Young Earth Creationsim know the truth and are merely lying about it. Please don't be suckered in by them.

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
okay, first of all... how the heck do you "measure the speed of light over the course of 300 years"? And what does faster moving light have to do with viscosity? This video made no sense and seemed to make a lot of leaps that even Evil Caneval(sp?) could not have made. Seems like utter nonsense to me. Even if the seep of light were faster in the past it doesn't prove creationism. There also doesn't seem to be much explanation as to why the speed of light would slow down in the first place.

FFH

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;1056119 said:
What is an "evolutionist"?
Okay, fair enough, I should have entitled this thread, "Are Old Earth Theorists Delusional ???"

Young earth theorists verses old earth theorists

Would that be a more accurate assessment rather than lumping evolutionists into the old earth theorist's mix ???

Bishka

Veteran Member
Are Creationists delusional?

FFH, your answer to my question is the answer to your question.

gnostic

The Lost One
What does the speed of light have to do with evolution anyway?

They are two different field of studies.

Smoke

Done here.
Sometimes "evolutionist" is code for "anybody who accepts any aspect of modern science that contradicts the writings of Bronze Age religious enthusiasts."

FFH

Veteran Member

They are two different field of studies.
Is Light Slowing Down? (Point - Counterpoint)

This theory (speed of light slowing down) would conflict with those who assert that the earth is millions, if not billions, of years old, thus old earth and evolution theorists have no rock to stand on.

The evolution of man over millions years, the biggest hoax of the modern age.

Speed of light slowing down after all?

Speed of light slowing down after all? (same article different website)

Somkid

Is this guy for real? Sometimes science makes errors but generally they get corrected, this guy is just spewing his belief out of his gash with nothing to back it up.

gnostic

The Lost One
ffh said:
The evolution of man over millions years, the biggest hoax of the modern age.
Sorry, FFH, but who said said man's evolution was "millions years" old?

Homo sapiens sapiens, or the modern man is at least 25000 years old, that would be older than your young earth theory of 13000 years.

As to the speed of light. Light requires to travel over great distance, which is in proportional to time, which I am sure you already know. Even if the speed of light decrease, it would not make much difference in calculation over time. My problem is that you believe in Young Earth Science, in which the earth, solar system, galaxy and universe is only 13,000 years old.

Let me give you an example that refute your claim that the universe is only 13000 years old.

Our nearest spiral galaxy, like the Milky Way, is the Andromeda Galaxy. It is roughly 2 million light-year away from our Earth. So it would take 2 million years for light to travel from this galaxy to our planet.

If the universe was truly 13,000 years old, then we should not be able to see Andromeda Galaxy in our best and clearest telescope (the Hubble) for at least another 1,987,000 years from now. The distance between Andromeda and Earth is at 150 times greater than Young Earth's estimate of 13,000 years old.

There are many galaxies that are even further way than Andromeda. The Andromeda Galaxy is roughly twice as our galaxy. The Milky Way is around 100,000 light-year in diameter. Proxima Centauri, the closest star to us is a mere 4.3 light-year away (part of the triple system of Alpha Centauri.

How do you account for such time-distance that light require to travel to reach us?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Don't people get banned by starting these types of threads?

I don't see way, he asked a question and post a link for a video. If he was banned for this then Sunstone should be banned for his Is Belief In God A Delusion? I don't think ether should be banned but far is far.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
As to the speed of light. Light requires to travel over great distance, which is in proportional to time, which I am sure you already know. Even if the speed of light decrease, it would not make much difference in calculation over time. My problem is that you believe in Young Earth Science, in which the earth, solar system, galaxy and universe is only 13,000 years old.

Let me give you an example that refute your claim that the universe is only 13000 years old.

Our nearest spiral galaxy, like the Milky Way, is the Andromeda Galaxy. It is roughly 2 million light-year away from our Earth. So it would take 2 million years for light to travel from this galaxy to our planet.

If the universe was truly 13,000 years old, then we should not be able to see Andromeda Galaxy in our best and clearest telescope (the Hubble) for at least another 1,987,000 years from now. The distance between Andromeda and Earth is at 150 times greater than Young Earth's estimate of 13,000 years old.

There are many galaxies that are even further way than Andromeda. The Andromeda Galaxy is roughly twice as our galaxy. The Milky Way is around 100,000 light-year in diameter. Proxima Centauri, the closest star to us is a mere 4.3 light-year away (part of the triple system of Alpha Centauri.

How do you account for such time-distance that light require to travel to reach us?
That was the point of his 'the speed of light is slowing down' bit. It was faster before, which explains how it reached us, but it presents other problems.