• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arabic - The Mother of All Languages

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
The language tree is shamelessly exposed as fraud & deceit.
No, the language tree simply shows the lines of decent for a language... like a phylogenetic tree of species.

The only stupid reason that 6 different languages are introduced in the 17th century is that is when Samuel Johnston butchered inglis to form some sort of stupid Oxford bling dictionary *re-introducing* words & wrongly defining them..............They were always part of the language of Inglis or English.
Actually the first English language dictionary was published in 1592 by Richard Mulcaster. The next in 1609 by Robert Cawdrey.

Dictionaries don't change the language anyway, people don't learn to speak their native language from them, they learn from other people. People change how dictionaries are written, dictionaries don't change how people talk.
Otherwise our language would never change.
(there wouldn't be so many regional dialects for example)

wa:do

gnostic

The Lost One
darkwater said:
It does naturally absorb all that is useful,to claim it was invented only 1500 years ago is ludicrous,when you consider that the Scots & Scots Gaels were in Egypt during the fall,the Gaels as mercenaries.
Gaels and Scots in Egypt?

What a load of nonsenses.

There is a Celtic myth of Gaels being in Scythia and Egypt, but they are just myth. It comes from the book, titled Lebor Gabala, which translated into the "Book of Invasions". You will find it in volume 5, from the R. A. Stewart Macalister's translation (Irish Texts Society).

Or you can read my Book of Invasion: Coming of the Milesians, in which I briefly describe the origin of the Milesians (children of Mil Espaine), who are ancestors of the Gaels, and in my article on Goídel Glas, about the Scythian and Egyptian connections. Or look in the genealogy of the Milesians.

Don't get me wrong. I love mythology, but I don't take it as a historical fact.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
The language tree is shamelessly exposed as fraud & deceit.

Huh? You get this from the fact that languages evolve rather than being invented? That doesn't change the fact that we speak English now. People spoke Latin at a certain point, and French and Greek, etc. All languages evolved from other languages, but they have still been unique, individual languages. The language tree just shows where each one evolved from.

How many people are prepared to accept the Linguists views,those millions of wasted blind blinkered crushing hours he is bleating about by so called *experts*?

Anybody who has any intelligence is prepared to accept the linguist's views. It's because they've done the research, and we have no reason to doubt their conclusions.

The entire sum of them,say hundreds of millions of hours,are not worth the steam off of a pot of my p*ss is all I am saying.:sorry1:

Maybe not to you, but that's not saying much. I don't know why you have this vendetta against intelligent people doing research and coming to the only possible conclusions a non-deluded, intelligent person can come to and then passing on that knowledge to others so that they can continue the pursuit. Again, it's like denying gravity, or how a car works or the Holocaust.

It's very simple. Many thousands of years ago, human beings began to communicate. They dispersed across the land. As they did, the communication grew more detailed and complex. Eventually, this communication turned into language. It may have started as one language and then split off as people moved to different areas, or it might have not become a true language until people moved, meaning there never was a one, first language.

As people moved and evolved, so did language. Over the millenia some languages split into several, and other languages just evolved into new, different ones. The language tree shows the evolution. At some point, people spoke Latin, and then that turned into several different languages which were also influenced by other languages at the time. For instance, French came from Latin, but was heavily influenced by germanic languages.The language tree is fine the way it is. Your ramblings are nothing more than a conspiracy theorist's delusions.

Darkwater

No, the language tree simply shows the lines of decent for a language... like a phylogenetic tree of species.

The only stupid reason that 6 different languages are introduced in the 17th century is that is when Samuel Johnston butchered inglis to form some sort of stupid Oxford bling dictionary *re-introducing* words & wrongly defining them..............They were always part of the language of Inglis or English.
Actually the first English language dictionary was published in 1592 by Richard Mulcaster. The next in 1609 by Robert Cawdrey.

Dictionaries don't change the language anyway, people don't learn to speak their native language from them, they learn from other people. People change how dictionaries are written, dictionaries don't change how people talk.
Otherwise our language would never change.
(there wouldn't be so many regional dialects for example)

This is great Painted Wolf,Richard Mulcaster sounds a real character,his blog on Wiki is outstanding........his work is flawed but outstanding,according to the information he is privy too.....He got really ****** off that the language everybody spoke was so disorganised(in limited view)

Robert Cawdrey is great too,the most significant part being that he refers to words *loaned* from Greek,French,latin etc.

My criticism is that he is speaking in ignorance here as these words were ALWAYS INGLIS,as soon as they were absorbed(Greek).Latin is different as it is a younger language which was formed FROM Inglis.

If you strip away those words alledgedly *borrowed*(especially Greek-Gaels trained in Crete,Gaythelos the Gael) throughout the ages,all you are left with basic Norse/Arabic exactly in terms of the Arabian's book in the first entry.

Once again,the brightly coloured map has NOTHING TO DO WITH INGLIS,it is merely a list of the Royal languages of counties of occupation,then ridiculous made up stuff near the end after the *renaissance* period.

This makes Samuel Johnstons pathetic Oxford later effort look even more pathetic.

In Scotland we have the dictionair of the Scots lead,which is online.I'll attach a link for you to try & prove.

For a truer experience of Inglis(always the language of the Scots court) there is an encylopedia of the Scots language which paints a beautiful picture of the vocabulary in 14th/15th century Scotland.It is about 30 volumes.

I only have very limited access to this,usually I rely upon the poets of the day,the Makars/Bards of the day.

Very cool link,strengthens my argument on Inglis no end.

I am grateful for the best effort I have ever seen, & not even by an Englishmen either,a Cherokee Indian....ty painted wolf.The blogs on both of these respected Scholars do speak volumes.

DSL

Last edited:

Darkwater

Gaels and Scots in Egypt?

What a load of nonsenses.

There is a Celtic myth of Gaels being in Scythia and Egypt, but they are just myth. It comes from the book, titled Lebor Gabala, which translated into the "Book of Invasions". You will find it in volume 5, from the R. A. Stewart Macalister's translation (Irish Texts Society).

Or you can read my Book of Invasion: Coming of the Milesians, in which I briefly describe the origin of the Milesians (children of Mil Espaine), who are ancestors of the Gaels, and in my article on Goídel Glas, about the Scythian and Egyptian connections. Or look in the genealogy of the Milesians.

Don't get me wrong. I love mythology, but I don't take it as a historical fact.

You think so Gnostic?

You are insulting the family line of many honest men throughout Strathclyde there.

In Greece too which I have attended,every civilised country throughout the world.

Darkwater

mball,you are the most lateral one dimensional thinker I have ever come across.

The cycles I have yet to touch upon,a 33,500 14th century poem IN PERFECT INGLIS,cannot sway you from your ever decreasing circles.....The 1320 document will do nicely.:)

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
mball,you are the most lateral one dimensional thinker I have ever come across.

The cycles I have yet to touch upon,a 33,500 14th century poem IN PERFECT INGLIS,cannot sway you from your ever decreasing circles.....The 1320 document will do nicely.:)

facepalm.jpg

Darkwater

I am sorry for the pain I am causing you mball,I can hear your brain clicking into gear as it starts to think for itself...you are very brave,please continue to be fearless in your examination of all things as I am sure you do is all I would ever ask of anyone.

The wiki links to the *brave pioneers of modern English* by the wonderful painted wolf strengthen my argument that the English do not have a clue of the origin of their/our language.

I only speak for the Strathclyde Scots,certainly not Edinburgh or anywhere else in Scotland,each having it's own seperate history.

You are going to love the 1320 doc if that is any consolation.

Love & light,

Andy

gnostic

The Lost One
darkwater said:
You think so Gnostic?

You are insulting the family line of many honest men throughout Strathclyde there.

In Greece too which I have attended,every civilised country throughout the world.

I know of Irish and Scottish history. I know that the Scots people originally migrated from Ireland. And these Scots were actually Irishmen. And they (Scots) spoke Gaelic, like the Irishmen. Other people living in the now Scotland, had to contend with Welsh-speaking Britons and the Picts back then.

There are however no foundation to the story that Scots or any Gaelic-speaking people had come from Scythia and Egypt. It is purely myth and fabrication. Also in Egypt, they spoke a language from Afro-Asiatic language family; Semitic languages belonged to this group, and totally unrelated to Indo-European languages (like Celtic and Germanic).

It is not unusual for people think their ancestors belonged to something greater of importance.

But that's delusion, I refused to accept without evidences and more importantly, proof.

Rome believed that they are descendants of the Trojan hero, Aeneas. Alexander the Great believed he comes from the line of Achilles and Neoptolemus.

The Dorian Greeks, like the Spartans, believed that their ancestor was Heracles, and so did many people of the cities and towns, where local legends say that Heracles had visited their cities at one time, molested their daughters.

Goodness' know how many people believed they come from the lines of King Arthur, or of one of his knights, like Lancelot. Arthur was supposedly also descendant of Aeneas. In the Grail legend, Lancelot was said to be also descendant of King David. The Grail hero Peceval was supposed to be the descendant of Joseph of Arimathea.

In the Abrahamic religions, people think that Jesus comes from the line of David, and Muhammad believed that he descendant of Ishmael and Abraham.

Hell, right now, I can even tell you the story that the Celts from one classical Greek source, such as Heracles is one of your ancestors. According to the Greek poet Parthenius of the 1st century BC, during one of Heracles' 12 labours (10th labour, fetching the Cattle of Geryon), he came across a maiden, named Celtine, daughter of Bretannus. Celtine, then became mother of Celtus, the eponymous hero of the Celtic people.

Your head can spin in the number of people's claims to descendants of this or that hero, without ever providing conclusive and irrefutable evidences that they are true.

If you are offended by my skepticism, then you should understand why I find your whole history about Inglis, Scots, Gaelic language and their Scythian and Egyptian connections to be somewhat dubious, at best.

Darkwater

Where do you think*the people* went after the fall of Egypt?

Where do you think *the people* went after the complete & utter annhiliation of Carthage by the Romans(reckon any of them hung around?),which was a wee bit unfair when you know the history of *the people's* treatment of the fledgling Roman Empire,which I can enlighten you upon should you desire,the Brennusc Wars.

Another cycle being where do you think the people went after Papal Bull of 1306 by King/pope in France?

I am about to fell your Apep by way of the 1320 document,I can do it in about 4 lines I reckon.

Meanwhile,prepare to rethink your perception of life,in Great Love Gnostic....heh heh heh.

I **** you not.

Namaste

Andy

gnostic

The Lost One
dark water said:
Where do you think*the people* went after the fall of Egypt?
Do you mean after the defeat of Cleopatra and Marcus Antonius?

The Egyptian people didn't go anywhere. There were no more Ptolemaic dynasty, but the Roman didn't deport the Egyptians after their defeat, Egypt prospered during the early Imperial period, all the way to that of Marcus Aurelius. I don't recall what happened to Egypt after this.

Surely you are not saying that the Egyptians migrated to Britain and Ireland, are you?

darkwater said:
Where do you think *the people* went after the complete & utter annhiliation of Carthage by the Romans(reckon any of them hung around?),which was a wee bit unfair when you know the history of *the people's* treatment of the fledgling Roman Empire,which I can enlighten you upon should you desire,the Brennusc Wars.

And I hoped that you are not saying that the Carthaginians also went to the British Isles too?

I don't know where you are getting your history from. It's certain that you don't history if you think the Egyptians and Carthaginians went north-west in Europe. If the Carthaginians wanted to avoid Roman rule, they certainly would going north, but south, further inland of Africa.

Sure, there are Roman garrisons and colonisations into these new territories that they have annexed, but it would only a couple of drops of water in the vast ocean.

Darkwater

Some Carthagans went to South Spain & Portugaul.They were Celts,& assembled with all the other Celtic Tribes.

So they disappeared into Africa without a trace?lulz

I am talking THE fall of Egypt,when Pharoah's Army was annhiliated leaving just the Mercenaries as a fighting force....& the women & children,of course.

Merely a cycle,of course.The Ptolmic Dynasty were *re-introduced* Egyptians.I will post an *alternative* History,the story of the Gallic League which you may find to be of interest(or not).

I'll do the Civic State too,it is a must........a talent magnet,sometimes poorly defined.

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I am about to fell your Apep by way of the 1320 document,I can do it in about 4 lines I reckon.

What is it with you and Tariq? You keep saying you're going to prove everything wrong with some document or research, and you never produce anything? How about you stop saying what you're going to do and just do it?

Darkwater

I want to do a piece on the *Civic State* first mball,let you guys realise all the great stuff we have,or can have,or should have....we take for granted......

ty for your patience. :)

gnostic

The Lost One
darkwater said:
Some Carthagans went to South Spain & Portugaul.They were Celts,& assembled with all the other Celtic Tribes.

Yes, they were in Spainish peninsula, as well as in Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica. The Carthaginians were there before Carthage was sack and destroyed in 146 BC, it was part of their empire. It has nothing to do with

Sorry, but you're still muddying history with your odd perception. I still don't see what the connection between the Celts/Gaels and the Scythians, Egyptians and now these Carthaginians. You are not making sense and so far have provided no evidences of the connection with odd history.

Darkwater

I don't know if you watch the news at all?

Never the less,think about what happens when war breaks out anywhere,or genocyde breaks out,civil unrest in a country,say Africa or it could be anywhere? Or famine? drought? flooding or tornadoes?plague or disease.Or an ongoing never ending cycle of these very normal occurances.This is just the normal everyday stuff......

*my son,is it morning already & why does the sun rise in the west?*

*father,but that it were the sun rising in the west,tis a pilar of fire which lights up the night as if it were day* *** do you reckon that was? Big Meteorite which happens from time to time?I believe that quote if from Ancient Sumaria,& brought about a cycle of *the land of milk & honey*(don't drink the water or eat any meat),commit everything to rhyming memory & wear your sackcloth & ashes with pride.

Millions of people are displaced.It happens all the time,everyday,every hour every second people are displaced or move for want,lack of opportunity or persecution.

You are getting there & will soon understand.

Please continue to be fearless in your examination of the facts in all things,& never apologise least of all to me buddy.

:)

oh,nearly forgot the good one...Carthusians (or Phonecians) were displaced from the Island of Pompeii too,:) lulz.

Last edited:

Darkwater

Pompeii isn't an island... The Romans lived there and still do. ;)

wa:do,

I have only ever seen Pink Floyd Live there on vcr(maybe betamax)late at night,about 20 years ago.....not in the best of condition for historical analysis.

Did no-one get killed?not even one smothered in ash?dammit!

No man is an Island,and ask not for whom the bell tolls for it tolleth for thee....ty Painted wolf.

gnostic

The Lost One
darkwater said:
oh,nearly forgot the good one...Carthusians (or Phonecians) were displaced from the Island of Pompeii too,
smile.gif
lulz.

As painted wolf pointed out, Pompeii is not an island. I don't know where you got that notion that it was ever an island from.

The city is on the coast of Bay of Naples, southeast of Naples, Campania. Two cities were destroyed, Pompeii and Herculaneum, along with a few other smaller towns, when Mount Vesuvius erupted, in AD 79.

The original town of Pompeii was founded and settled by the Oscan-speaking city, but when the populace receive Roman citizenship after the Social War (1st century BC), the city was re-built in Roman style. It was never in the hand of the Carthaginians, and certainly not built by the Carthaginians.

I think you not only have problems in linguistics and in ancient and medieval history, but also in geography. A lot of your claims seemed twisted with your fantasy.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Plenty of people died there... but some people survived and rebuilt. As gnostic pointed out the modern city of Naples is practically on top of it. Indeed it was while building the king of Naples a new villa that they rediscovered Pompeii. (some time in the 1700's)

ps. Live at Pompeii is a great show. Early Pink Floyd is sadly under appreciated by many. :D