• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Arabic - The Mother of All Languages

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Assalamualaikum.

The first speech taught to men was the one taught by God Himself, and that this speech was Arabic -- all other languages being the offsprings or offshoots of Arabic. A strong piece of evidence to support this claim is to be found, according to The Promised Messiah, Hadhart Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian, in the highly organised system of Mufradaat possessed by Arabic. These Mufradaat are the so-called 'root-words' -- the 'simples' or the elementary symbols of speech -- which are the divinely communicated basis of all human articulation, and which are so varied and of such a comprehensive character as to the serve the needs, not only of ordinary speech, but also the demands of all knowledge, religion, philosophy, culture and science.
Source: Arabic - the mother of all languages - Al Islam Online.

Please be patient and I will post the arguments one by one. Otherwise you could just go to the link and check them out. Specifically, the book, "Minan-ur-Rahman", found there gives the first guidelines in this regard as laid out by the Promised Messiah himself.

.lava

Veteran Member
well, i am waiting for your next post. some say language in Qur'an was the first language on Earth, the one Adam(PBUH) spoke. that is an interesting subject. well, yea Tariq...waiting :)

Darkwater

My name means savige,dirty or unclean in the arabic......

Can you translate "Minan-ur-Rahman" into English if possible,& is it in any way related to Indian Brahman?

Many thanks

Andy

peace be with you and blessings upon your house as well as all who dwell there.

English is derived from the far more ancient language of trade & commerce for yer common or garden barbarian abroad,Inglis.This is Viking/greek/arabic based.Angle is denmark/scandanavian while saxon teutonic...Latin is a very new language compared to the roots & origins of Inglis.

Last edited:

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Can you translate "Minan-ur-Rahman" into English if possible,& is it in any way related to Indian Brahman?
I do not know if you meant that as a joke but lol all the same.

Minan-ur-Rahman means "From the Gracious" (though I am not completely sure about the "from" part). It is a well-thought (or Divinely inspired I am not sure) name given to the book (and to Arabic) on the basis of what Rahman means and how Quran describes humans were taught to express themselves by God. And Arabic is that language that God taught them. The meaning is quite deep and I think I will get into it in the forthcoming posts. Forgive me if I do not for the sake of brevity.

And thank you for all the peace. Walaikum (and the same on you too).

Oberon

I think linguists would have a great deal to say about this theory. English is an indo-european language in the germanic family. Arabic is not even indo-european, but semetic (related to phoenician, hebrew, aramiac, etc). The two aren't even related. We can trace a clear linear progression from indo-european (which, although it doesn't exist in writing, can be theoretically recovered in part). Arabic can be traced from an entire different linear progression.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Indeed. furthermore, proto Indo-European and Proto- Semitic probably corresponded to each other in time line, a time in which Arabic, was not spoken yet, as it is not the oldest Semitic language.

Nehustan

Indeed. furthermore, proto Indo-European and Proto- Semitic probably corresponded to each other in time line, a time in which Arabic, was not spoken yet, as it is not the oldest Semitic language.

...i.e. share common ancestry. It's a little like saying 'H. sapiens descended from apes' when apes are extant contemporaries of H. sapiens. Interestingly linguistic studies have been done alongside genetic enquiry and proved quite accurate.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
iecentum1.png
iesatem1.png
timeline.gif
tree.jpg

Last edited:

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
come on mball! play ball, how do you know that?

For all of the reasons others have said. I wasn't sure whether this was a joke, so I didn't go into much detail, but saying that Arabic was the first language, and that all other languages came from it is just ridiculous. Maybe it's only so clear to me because I'm a linguist. :shrug:

Ashuri10

Arabic is not even the oldest semitic language, let alone the oldest language on earth?

Just when I thought I heard it all, I was wrong, hahaha...

Nehustan

While from a linguistic perspective the claim has been dealt with adequately, I would like to add a detail from Islamic folklore. It is said that Arabic is the closest language to that spoken in 'the heavens', as we have a linguist perhaps he might like to look at the Enochian and compare it with Arabic as that is also cited as an 'Angelic' language, and thus we might assume 'from the heavens'.

I have to add being an avid sci-fi addict, that when I first began reading/learning Arabic (something I never completed and do very badly) it did have an otherworldly feel to it beyond merely the exotic and oriental attribution.

Ashuri10

While from a linguistic perspective the claim has been dealt with adequately, I would like to add a detail from Islamic folklore. It is said that Arabic is the closest language to that spoken in 'the heavens', as we have a linguist perhaps he might like to look at the Enochian and compare it with Arabic as that is also cited as an 'Angelic' language, and thus we might assume 'from the heavens'.

I have to add being an avid sci-fi addict, that when I first began reading/learning Arabic (something I never completed and do very badly) it did have an otherworldly feel to it beyond merely the exotic and oriental attribution.

To each their own, some can say the same about Hebrew, others can say the same about Chinese, others about Greek, and so on, the reality is each language is unique and beautiful in its own way, to me Arabic is just like any other language.

Btw, I'm still waiting for logical evidence that all languages come from Arabic, and I'm willing to challenge this claim with all confidence since this is one of my strongest subjects, let's go Tariq, we're waiting.

tariqkhwaja

Jihad Against Terrorism
Yeah ... look the evidence will take a bit longer than expected. But it will come. And its good to know we have a linguist here. The more the scholars the better.

Just be patient okay ... if you think I haven't disappointed earlier.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Some of the pictures of the language trees in my previous post don't appear to load up, nor will it let me edit the post anymore. So I saved them to photobucket:

iecentum1.png

iesatem1.png

timeline.gif

tree.jpg

kai

ragamuffin
For all of the reasons others have said. I wasn't sure whether this was a joke, so I didn't go into much detail, but saying that Arabic was the first language, and that all other languages came from it is just ridiculous. Maybe it's only so clear to me because I'm a linguist. :shrug:

OK but its clear as mud to me man, i think the others have sort of demolished the first language claim!

Last edited:

Ashuri10

I think it's safe to say that all languages developed separately from one another and in different regions, for example the people who were speaking Proto-Indo-European language developed their language in a different area than those who were speaking Proto-Afro-Asiatic language, eventually these Proto languages split into dialects that went off to become their own languages, with Indo-European there was Proto-Slavic, Proto-Germanic, and so on, while other languages followed the same pattern as well, and eventually this led to more dialects turning into more different languages.

The claim that all languages come from Arabic is indeed very absurd and illogical, no offense to anyone if I say this, but either the person is super ignorant and does not know anything about languages or the belief is super biased to boost the religion factor.