• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AOC once again caught maskless in crowded drag bar hooping it up..

F1fan

Veteran Member
Good answer. But here is the problem in practice. For the full on anti-vaxers, their freedom makes it more likely that I can get infected, because I need to do my own and my wife's shopping and my wife has a higher chances of dying because she has a low immune system.
You raise an excellent moral point. If anti-vaxxers do not care that they are infected, nor care that they infect others, are they moral accountable IF they infect someone in your position of caring for a wife dealing with cancer and puts the immune compromised person at risk?

To my mind they are morally accountable for causing harm to others through willful disdain and negligence. The only thing that saves these reckless citizens is no effective way to prove their behavior infected someone who got ill or died as a result.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Its up to everyone to stop the spread.
Yeah, except there are those of us going our part and those who refuse to do their part. These are the wankers who won't wear a mask or get jabbed. This is still going on because of this group who screams about non existent rights and believe in total rubbish from doing "their own reseach." That's failing them so much they are choking hospitals, flooding morgues, and forcing those who are masked and vaxxed to shoulder the consequences.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I say that what she did (does) is dangerous
regardless of CDC guidelines.
If those who studied viruses and diseases for many years and have a far greater understanding of this current corona bug than we do say that we (those who are fully jabbed) are safe to do things we did before and generally don't have to mask outside, I don't see a reason to doubt them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I get the
If those who studied viruses and diseases for many years and have a far greater understanding of this current corona bug than we do say that we (those who are fully jabbed) are safe to do things we did before and generally don't have to mask outside, I don't see a reason to doubt them.
Epidemiologists don't say that when outdoors, anything goes,
eg, un-masked people hugging & mingling in high density.
The pix in the OP show that she doesn't social distance or
wear a mask in crowds & close contract. This is unsafe per
experts...
Updated guidance on outdoor mask requirements - Johns Hopkins University Student Well-Being
Excerpted....
...Johns Hopkins University campuses will no longer require face masks in most outdoor spaces when 6 feet of distance can be maintained.

Note the "6 feet" requirement.
One of several pix from the OP's linked article....
aoc-2-1.jpg

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
Yeah, except there are those of us going our part and those who refuse to do their part. These are the wankers who won't wear a mask or get jabbed. This is still going on because of this group who screams about non existent rights and believe in total rubbish from doing "their own reseach." That's failing them so much they are choking hospitals, flooding morgues, and forcing those who are masked and vaxxed to shoulder the consequences.

What are the non-existent rights?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I get the

Epidemiologists don't say that when outdoors, anything goes,
eg, un-masked people hugging & mingling in high density.
The pix in the OP show that she doesn't social distance or
wear a mask in crowds & close contract. This is unsafe per
experts...
Updated guidance on outdoor mask requirements - Johns Hopkins University Student Well-Being
Excerpted....
...Johns Hopkins University campuses will no longer require face masks in most outdoor spaces when 6 feet of distance can be maintained.

Note the "6 feet" requirement.
One of several pix from the OP's linked article....
aoc-2-1.jpg
And did you notice where the CDC did say those vaccinated can resume normal activites provided you aren't in an area of with case rate. That is epidemiologists and others studying these things.
And that still looks outdoors. With a cracked sidewalk they're walking on, curtains on the inside of that building, some people wearing sunglasses, and the direction of the port window thingy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What are the non-existent rights?
Like people claiming they have a right to not wear a mask. Or have a right to not follow the rules of a private business. Or have a right to act all willy nilly however they want. Seriously, I heard a guy on the news say "he has the right to do whatever he wants." And this silly idea of a right to live naturally, with this being a sign in a restaurant in a city that serves up processed junk. And thinking they have a right to ignore the law. Like how many are totally oblivious to the fact that every winter some states and cities will arrest people for traveling without a damn good reason when the road conditions are poor and the roads are closed and travel restricted.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And did you notice where the CDC did say those vaccinated can resume normal activites provided you aren't in an area of with case rate. That is epidemiologists and others studying these things.
And that still looks outdoors. With a cracked sidewalk they're walking on, curtains on the inside of that building, some people wearing sunglasses, and the direction of the port window thingy.
Vaccines do not provide immunity.
They only reduce the risk of infection & severe effects.
Would you do the things AOC did without a mask?
I sure wouldn't. That would be reckless.

My daughter caught Covid waiting in line outdoors
in NYC for her booster. (Ironic, eh.) She was masked,
but many in line weren't...perhaps taking AOC's example
to heart, ie, when outdoors, take no precautions.

Tis is really odd...
Liberals so often chastise conservatives for irresponsible
behavior, yet here they are defending one of their own
for the same. Vaccination offers no guarantees. Neither
does being outdoors.
Be safe, all you filthy humans.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Vaccines do not provide immunity.
They only reduce the risk of infection & severe effects.
Would you do the things AOC did without a mask?
I sure wouldn't. That would be reckless.

My daughter caught Covid waiting in line outdoors
in NYC for her booster. (Ironic, eh.) She was masked,
but many in line weren't...perhaps taking AOC's example
to heart, ie, when outdoors, take no precautions.

Tis is really odd...
Liberals so often chastise conservatives for irresponsible
behavior, yet here they are defending one of their own
for the same. Vaccination offers no guarantees. Neither
does being outdoors.
Be safe, all you filthy humans.
The OP claim was she was not following covid guidelines by claiming she was in a crowded bar (she was outside and thus not in a bar) with a claim following that it might mean she doesn'tthink covid guidelines work. But she was within guidelines and it says nothing of her views on covid restrictions.
This just isn't like when Newsome well deserved the criticism for attended that lobbyist's birthday party.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Of course it is a respiratory issue. So is the flu, but you don't see people going bat **** crazy over it.

Mask optional if vaccinated. Problem solved.
The flu has a lower transmission rate and a lower hospitalization and death rate than COVID does.

And yet we still have flu vaccines, as if we actually care about preventing illness and death. Go figure.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The OP claim was she was not following covid guidelines by claiming she was in a crowded bar (she was outside and thus not in a bar) with a claim following that it might mean she doesn'tthink covid guidelines work. But she was within guidelines and it says nothing of her views on covid restrictions.
This just isn't like when Newsome well deserved the criticism for attended that lobbyist's birthday party.
I'm addressing her unsafe behavior...not the OP's specific claim.
But she was only following one aspect of CDC guidelines, ie
the non-necessity of wearing a mask outdoors. However, those
guidelines would be violated in spirit by hugging & mingling in
crowds of unmasked people.
Are you saying that what she did is safe behavior that the
CDC would approve of?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm addressing her unsafe behavior...not the OP's specific claim.
But she was only following one aspect of CDC guidelines, ie
the non-necessity of wearing a mask outdoors. However, those
guidelines would be violated in spirit by hugging & mingling in
crowds of unmasked people.
Are you saying that what she did is safe behavior that the
CDC would approve of?
Per the CDC's own page vaccinated people may resume normal activites, with considerations of masking up when you're indoors and in an area with a high transmission rates.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Per the CDC's own page vaccinated people may resume normal activites, with considerations of masking up when you're indoors and in an area with a high transmission rates.
So you're that AOC's not wearing a mask, while hugging
people not wearing masks, in a crowd of people not
wearing masks is perfectly acceptable per the CDC, eh.
That looks wrong.
Ref...
COVID-19 and Your Health
Excerpted (underlining added)....
  • In general, you do not need to wear a mask in outdoor settings.
The pix are from within the last week.
FL has a low vaccination rate.
That part of FL has the highest high Covid 19 numbers
in a state with already high numbers because of rampant
governmental disregard for safety.
Ref...
Florida COVID-19 Map: Tracking the Trends
Southeast US states with low vaccination rates are set to see 'explosion' of Omicron cases | Daily Mail Online