• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone want to join me in losing some weight?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I used to do an awful lot of running and since I've stopped doing so much I've put on a little weight. I want to lose 8kg. Anyone care to join me?

Sahar

Me me me....I want to lose 3 - 4 kgs
I started to exercise at my home but I stopped this week and the previous one as I am spending almost all the day attending lectures and course. I decreased the amount of my meal. I try to decrease the carbohydrates and fats...but I am not doing a good job at this.

Last edited:

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Me me me....I want to lose 3 - 4 kgs
I started to exercise at my home but I stopped this week and the last one as I am spending almost all the day attending lectures and course. I decreased the amount of my meal. I try to decrease the carbohydrates and fats...but I am not doing a good job at this.

Great, let's set a target, does 1 kg a week seem reasonable?

blackout

Violet.
I'll pass. I hurt myself very badly in March/April trying to lose weight.

Now I would just rather love myself as I am.:rainbow1:

But good luck to you all!

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I need to loose about 60 lbs. Not quite sure how it's done though. Do you have a plan?
I'm going to give up drinking beer for a while. I'm going to run 2-4 miles a day. I I eat a packet of crisps most evenings - they're going to go too. Oh - and I'm going to eat a bit less.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I was running to loose weight about a month ago... then my knee started protesting, I was stopped by the local police asking if I had seen a suspicious looking man in the usually quiet neighborhood, and heard lots of screaming and squeeling tires on my usual route....... I stopped.

I'll be going back to school in less than a month, I suspect that I'll lose more weight there than here anyway. My first year at college I lost about 15 pounds. Right now, I'd be excited to lose 5

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
I'm going to give up drinking beer for a while. I'm going to run 2-4 miles a day. I I eat a packet of crisps most evenings - they're going to go too. Oh - and I'm going to eat a bit less.
Well, I don't drink beer, just diet soda. My wife and I are both good cooks, and ice cream is always on sale this time of year. I'll be attending school in the evenings this fall as well as working full time so I might be able to stay away from food more often. Excersize is the biggest challenge. The traffic and air quality are bad here. I'd have to drive somewhere to go running or cycling. I don't think I could run a whole mile anyway. I might just start out with walking.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
People say you can make time, but I swear I have none! Between school, work, community service, aa and drug ed classes (uhh, both court-ordered ;)) and sleep...I honestly can't think of anything I could do. But I am so sick of being unhealthy!! I really need to lose 25 lbs. and get toned.

Any suggestions on time management??

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Sleep less. When I was working I used get up at 4.30 or 5.00 to go running before work. You'd be amazed how pleasant it is to get exercise in the early morning.

You also have a lot more energy with morning exercise and you sleep deeper at night..I read one article..and oddly.. it said you don't get the sleeping better benefits with evening exercise... :shrug:

Love

Dallas

Sahar

Ok stephen, next Monday (God willing) we will evaluate what we have done and see then if we need to take more tough measures. :)

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Ok stephen, next Monday (God willing) we will evaluate what we have done and see then if we need to take more tough measures. :)

Like Stephen said, spot on......I want to join in as well. I'm in the US so we measure in pounds...So I will report my weight loss next friday night. I'm starting back to the gym on monday.

To the person that hurt themselves earlier this year...please be careful.

Here's what I did to start loosing weight......LESS CALORIES......

Eat decently portions and "sesable" food and fruit snacks throughout the day....LOTS of water.....

I was in the gym on the elliptical machine (kind a like a skiing machine) for 30 minutes and then do some weight training...... I personally lift a little heavier but if your goal is to tone up and not bulk up the do light weights....

and YES... You must do abs.....:sorry1:

My goal is to bump the eliptacal workout to an hour.....burning lots and lots of calories....Trust me....You'll need to buy new clothes after that......

I workout.....ehhh ehhhmmmm ("workEDout") mon-fri and rested on the weekends and I lost...over a 4 month period (30 lbs.).....

So I'm back at it monday.......Wooo Hoooo....!!!!:p