• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anti-gay baker now takes stand against birthdays for trans people

74x12

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Great...

I mean cool I guess. If only the gay and trans market got bigger we could have a bakery or two refusing service to straight people. Wonder how that would go with the media.

OMG its people expressing their freedom to refuse service, let's lose our minds over it now. This freedom stuff sure is complicated.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Last year:

This year:

Jack Phillips is suing after getting in trouble for refusing to make a birthday cake for a trans woman.

Christian Baker: Making a Birthday Cake for a Trans Woman Violates My Faith
What about people who ...
  • Vote Democrat
  • Like Punk
  • Believe in Evolution
  • Think Global Warming is real
  • Don't watch Fox News
  • Fail to stand for Pledge of Allegiance
  • Don't want t make America Great Again
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc
Why don't these people just get on running a business and don't worry what there customers are?

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
You know there should be a bakery that has a little ball machine like they got in the power ball lottery and there are say 2000 numbered balls in there. And you got a list of what kinds of people those numbers represent. And they just draw a ball at random every month and that's the kind of people they refuse service to for that month.

Cause that's about how important this story is. It's not. It's called freedom people, and people are making it more complicated than it is.

OR

they don't understand how this concept works at all.

Ball 1745: 12th Birthdays, yeah I don't 12 year olds so that's why I'm refusing service to you. Come back next month and we will be not liking someone else enough to not make a cake for em.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's not a trans person's birthday is wrong but because the cake was celebrating what to him violates his conscious.
It was a birthday cake. "What the cake was celebrating" was that the recipient stayed alive for one more year. If trans people continuing to live violates his conscience, he can go screw himself.

It's nothing personal. Not sure why liberals don't understand it's not personal. Just a matter of conscious.
The fact that something like this is "a matter of conscience" makes it personal.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You know there should be a bakery that has a little ball machine like they got in the power ball lottery and there are say 2000 numbered balls in there. And you got a list of what kinds of people those numbers represent. And they just draw a ball at random every month and that's the kind of people they refuse service to for that month.

Cause that's about how important this story is. It's not. It's called freedom people, and people are making it more complicated than it is.

OR

they don't understand how this concept works at all.
Seeing how you're complaining about people exercising their freedom by speaking out against his behaviour, you should be completely able to understand where we're coming from.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Seeing how you're complaining about people exercising their freedom by speaking out against his behaviour, you should be completely able to understand where we're coming from.

Is the fact that you are talking about it, expressing your freedom? Cool story, so is this post.

It's a mockery of refusal of service.

I don't know anyone that likes everyone out there do you? Would you bake a cake for a guy that wanted to celebrate Adolf Hitler's birthday? Or some other person that wanted to celebrate something awful? You could just make the cake for the buck, or you could say no.

It's not a big deal is what I am saying.

Rational Agnostic

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
It's not a trans person's birthday is wrong but because the cake was celebrating what to him violates his conscious. It's nothing personal. Not sure why liberals don't understand it's not personal. Just a matter of conscious.
It's not about it being personal, it's about it being a violation of rights. You cannot refuse to serve someone on the basis of their gender, race, religion, nationality or political views. The baker is being asked to bake a cake - something they say they provide for a variety of occaisions for a variety of clients - and are denying the client their service purely on the basis of the client's sexual identification.

You can try and spin this as the cake being a explicit endorsement of transgenderism, but ultimately if I attended his bakery and asked for the exact same cake without giving the purpose of it, I doubt he would find any reason whatsoever to deny me that cake.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Call me silly, but I'm pretty sure Jesus would have baked the cake and then sat down to enjoy it with it's recipient in celebration of their birthday.
Besides, it trans people aren't supposed to have birthdays, they'd never age.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's not a trans person's birthday is wrong but because the cake was celebrating what to him violates his conscious. It's nothing personal. Not sure why liberals don't understand it's not personal. Just a matter of conscious.
And when a Muslim cab driver refuses to allow women in the cab without a hijab or to transport anyone who violates his beliefs, that's OK with you. Or when a white man refuses to let a black man in his facility, it's just fine with you. Or when a woman-owned business refuses to serve any white males, it's just fine with you.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Now he's pushing it too far. I could understand the argument that he has a right to refuse to cater to an "event" that goes against his personal beliefs. But this is clear discrimination against a person, and is absolutely unacceptable.

Aside from my previous posts,

I think since he got so much support/media coverage the last time he's gonna try to ride the coat tails of the last fiasco. It may very well blow up in his face.