• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another school-related mass killing.

CynthiaCypher

The guy was a malignant narcissist and seems to have been a full-blown psychopath. Those types tend to have severely inflated senses of entitlement. He was already a rich spoiled brat and his BMW was probably bought with daddy's money.

Malignant narcissism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He thought he was entitled. What did he say? "Since I can't have you, I will annihilate you" or something like that. This person was definitely a malignant narcissist.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
He thought he was entitled. What did he say? "Since I can't have you, I will annihilate you" or something like that. This person was definitely a malignant narcissist.

Pretty much, yes. I watched that video and I'm looking through his "manifesto". It's confirming everything I'm saying.

People really need to be aware of the psychology of psychopathy, lest they fall right into their traps. They want you to feel bad for them. Don't let them do it.

Last edited:

CynthiaCypher

Pretty much, yes. I watched that video and I'm looking through his "manifesto". It's confirming everything I'm saying.

People really need to be aware of the psychology of psychopathy, lest they fall right into their traps. They want you to feel bad for them. Don't let them do it.

Have you read Robert Hare's works on sociopaths or seen the film "Fishheads"? Anyways you are getting fruballs for speaking the truth about sociopaths.

It's a bad thing to say, but I feel no compassion for a sociopath. Except regarding being against the death penalty for them just because I don't want the rest of us to sink to their level.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Have you read Robert Hare's works on sociopaths or seen the film "Fishheads"? Anyways you are getting fruballs for speaking the truth about sociopaths.

Thanks. I'm familiar with Hare but I haven't read his full-length works or seen Fishheads. Most of my knowledge of this comes from researching mass murderers, serial killers and cult leaders as a hobby. I'm not an expert, but I know a bit. I would love to eventually work with the FBI, though. But that's just a little fantasy of mine. :D

It's a bad thing to say, but I feel no compassion for a sociopath. Except regarding being against the death penalty for them just because I don't want the rest of us to sink to their level.
I don't feel compassion for them, either. I mean, it sucks that their brains are warped but I'm more concerned for their (possible) victims. I wouldn't give them the death penalty just for having psychopathy but I do think we should be more vigorous in rooting them out and separating ourselves from them. Maybe in the future we can do genetics testing or brain scans and put them on a list to be monitored and put through treatment. A bit harsh, I know, but I don't know what else could be done. They're the ultimate predators wearing masks of normalcy. They're frightening. Maybe they can teach courses at schools on recognizing the signs of psychopathy to increase awareness.

CynthiaCypher

Thanks. I'm familiar with Hare but I haven't read his full-length works or seen Fishheads. Most of my knowledge of this comes from researching mass murderers, serial killers and cult leaders as a hobby. I'm not an expert, but I know a bit. I would love to eventually work with the FBI, though. But that's just a little fantasy of mine. :D

I don't feel compassion for them, either. I mean, it sucks that their brains are warped but I'm more concerned for their (possible) victims. I wouldn't give them the death penalty just for having psychopathy but I do think we should be more vigorous in rooting them out and separating ourselves from them. Maybe in the future we can do genetics testing or brain scans and put them on a list to be monitored and put through treatment. A bit harsh, I know, but I don't know what else could be done. They're the ultimate predators wearing masks of normalcy. They're frightening. Maybe they can teach courses at schools on recognizing the signs of psychopathy to increase awareness.

You haven't seen that film? Well here you go:

[youtube]Jxq7hiHi1cE[/youtube]

Robert Hare is in it.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
You haven't seen that film? Well here you go:

[youtube]Jxq7hiHi1cE[/youtube]

Robert Hare is in it.

Thanks. :D

I looked at the film's website "about" section and I hope it doesn't end up having conspiracy rants about antidepressants. I don't really need to be hearing that nonsense. But otherwise, it looks right up my alley.

Curious George

Veteran Member
The really weird (and in a way creepy) thing is that when I came into town this morning everything seemed normal. I had talked to 3 people---5 if you count cashiers--- and no one mentioned anything about any of this.

I didn't even know anything had happened until I logged into RF and got a PM from a member asking me if I was OK.

I didn't get any details until I went back into town from the uni and saw all the news vans and cameramen all over the place.

It's almost as if people are starting to take things like this as routine.

Well apparently edhat was going wild and police and ambulances were all called to IV, a friend of mine who works at ucsb was also at the university, she was the one who told me last night. I thought of you, but figured you would have been tucked away in your hidey hole with some sort of adult beverage, so I ended up not posting.

kashmir

It really had little or nothing to do with "not being loved". He was just a psychopath with a grandiose sense of self and a severe sense of entitlement (redundant, really). He was a spoiled rich kid gone bad. When you view yourself as a god and other people as ants, it's quite a shock when the ants don't give you what you want. They also never take the blame for their issues and wrongdoings. So blaming it on society or bullying is just what they would like you to do. A god can never be wrong, after all. They love sympathy, too, being the emotional leeches that they are.

didn't know the whole story :no:

Nymphs

didnt this just happen and there is a wiki already wow

Not surprising at all. We live in second part (probably third by now) of the information age where information is shared incredibly quickly and uploaded to share with the entire online community. Think live-tweeting -- it happens in real-time. Doesn't surprise me that a wiki page is already up.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Of course he was a malignant narcissist.

But we should not conclude that therefore society had nothing to do with that.

A society that demands its citizens to be fiercely competitive while also often failing in giving them proper emotional support and moral education is a breeding ground for malignant narcissists, after all. It should totally expect them, and it should also expect them to engage in mass killings if they have easy access to weapons.

esmith

Veteran Member
What do you think the odds are that the anti-gun groups will decry his ability to purchase firearms when it is a simple, well not simple, misjudgement of his therapist for failure to report his mental state to the FBI NICS. Of course this would have violated his rights some would say.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
It is interesting how some members are addressing the real issues whilst others are merely whining about guns.

Even more interesting is how those whining about the guns seem to be completely ignoring the fact that a vehicle and knife were also used.

Even more interesting how those whining about the guns are not whining about the knife or vehicle...
One wonders if this is only because there is not a lobby group for knives?