• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another school-related mass killing.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Wow. Pretty close indeed. Glad it didn't touch you. But still, it is sad that it happened.

kashmir

Man, what the heck is going on with this?

I blame the media for dramatizing the kids doing the shootings.
Other kids see that and want to be celebs too.

Best I can determine

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I think it's about the stress of a competitive win/loss world mentality, and that definitely happens around schools ... any schools.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Glad you weren't in that apartment!

Thanks, but the worst of it happened downtown. The gunman drove by a crowd of kids and just started spraying bullets.

Wow. Pretty close indeed. Glad it didn't touch you. But still, it is sad that it happened.

Thanks and yeah. Like I edited into the OP: I feel bad as hell for these kids parents. They couldn't have seen anything like this coming.

Best I can determine

The shooter actually posted a youtube video saying he was going to do this, and why, before he went through with it.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I think it's about the stress of a competitive win/loss world mentality, and that definitely happens around schools ... any schools.

That is my take as well. Of course, kids should be taught how to deal with that stress in less destructive ways, and most do. But far too many simply never learn better than that.

The way I see it, it is a symptom of a society that is overextending itself far too often, and failing at caring properly for its own young.

Nymphs

kashmir

I just read the site and his letter :(
That is horrible.

Am I wrong to say that others in distress will see this and how its dramatized and want to be a "hero" like him to help change the world?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Just read that the three victims in his apartment were stabbed to death prior to his shooting spree.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I was actually thinking of posting here asking you if you had heard anything last night when it was happening since you are in Goleta. My understanding is that the body count is at 10 now.

CynthiaCypher

Best I can determine

I blame our whole culture. It is producing sociopaths who believe that everyone should succumb to their will or else and we are not treating them nor do we know how. When I read this boys statements about how bad and alienated he felt about still being a virgin at 22 he reminded me of Cho Seung Hui who was just a self-entitled narcissistic sociopath who felt inadequate and felt that his feeling of inadequacy was the fault of society.

kashmir

I blame our whole culture. It is producing sociopaths who believe that everyone should succumb to their will or else and we are not treating them nor do we know how. When I read this boys statements about how bad and alienated he felt about still being a virgin at 22 he reminded me of Cho Seung Hui who was just a self-entitled narcissistic sociopath who felt inadequate and felt that his feeling of inadequacy was the fault of society.

sometimes it is though the fault of bullying and society.

Someone that no one loves has a few paths to take.
kill themselves
kill them
ignore it and be alone an happy.
become a better person.

I am just saying that dramatizing mass murderers cant help, after all they are going out with a bang "to be a hero for mankind" reflects upon others that have no love as well?

I am wrong in this situation?

I will admit this much, if I go out, I am taking the whole planet with me
Just a stupid joke.
I have told my latest ex doctor that, they knew I was kidding too.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
After watching his "retribution" video, I wish he had just killed himself instead of taking others with him. Just a pathetic sociopathic loser and spoiled brat.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

I think it's this insane attitude of entitlement. :(

If you look at the video, he really seems to think that someone owed him something, that he was being cheating out of something that was his due.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I was actually thinking of posting here asking you if you had heard anything last night when it was happening since you are in Goleta. My understanding is that the body count is at 10 now.

The really weird (and in a way creepy) thing is that when I came into town this morning everything seemed normal. I had talked to 3 people---5 if you count cashiers--- and no one mentioned anything about any of this.

I didn't even know anything had happened until I logged into RF and got a PM from a member asking me if I was OK.

I didn't get any details until I went back into town from the uni and saw all the news vans and cameramen all over the place.

It's almost as if people are starting to take things like this as routine.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I think it's this insane attitude of entitlement. :(

If you look at the video, he really seems to think that someone owed him something, that he was being cheating out of something that was his due.

The guy was a malignant narcissist and seems to have been a full-blown psychopath. Those types tend to have severely inflated senses of entitlement. He was already a rich spoiled brat and his BMW was probably bought with daddy's money.

Malignant narcissism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
sometimes it is though the fault of bullying and society.

Someone that no one loves has a few paths to take.
kill themselves
kill them
ignore it and be alone an happy.
become a better person.

I am just saying that dramatizing mass murderers cant help, after all they are going out with a bang "to be a hero for mankind" reflects upon others that have no love as well?

I am wrong in this situation?

I will admit this much, if I go out, I am taking the whole planet with me
Just a stupid joke.
I have told my latest ex doctor that, they knew I was kidding too.

It really had little or nothing to do with "not being loved". He was just a psychopath with a grandiose sense of self and a severe sense of entitlement (redundant, really). He was a spoiled rich kid gone bad. When you view yourself as a god and other people as ants, it's quite a shock when the ants don't give you what you want. They also never take the blame for their issues and wrongdoings. So blaming it on society or bullying is just what they would like you to do. A god can never be wrong, after all. They love sympathy, too, being the emotional leeches that they are.

Last edited: