• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Another Public School with a Pro-Islam Ramadan Policy: 'May Allah Continue to Shower You - Love and

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
When we were at school we celebrated Diwali and other things; I think it was a really fun and creative way to teach the kids.

I remember learning about Hanukkah in elementary school. It's all in how it's introduced and taught; i.e. not crossing the line into proselytization. Unfortunately, a lot of teachers - especially in rural "red state" regions - have trouble keeping their personal bias separate from the courses.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember learning about Hanukkah in elementary school. It's all in how it's introduced and taught; i.e. not crossing the line into proselytization. Unfortunately, a lot of teachers - especially in rural "red state" regions - have trouble keeping their personal bias separate from the courses.
We had one teacher who came in specifically to teach us about all different religions.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Like New York?

sooda

Veteran Member
Another public school has come under fire for celebrating the Muslim holiday of Ramadan in a way that appears to endorse the religion of Islam.

The Freedom of Conscience Defense Fund (FCDF) reports it happened at the West New York School District in New Jersey.

FCDF sent the letter to Superintendent Ms. Clara Brito Herrera and Memorial High Principal Scott Wolhrab after an anonymous teacher contacted FCDF on behalf of other teachers, all of whom are deeply concerned about the school district's promotion of Islam.

View attachment 29645

Another Public School with a Pro-Islam Ramadan Policy: 'May Allah Continue to Shower You - Love and Wisdom'

We always gave out Muslim friends a small gift of dates to celebrate the Eid.

Komori

Public schools should embrace American culture.

The world needs less American culture.

es5CtlY.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Learning about other religions is part of a balanced humanities curriculum. It also helps to build tolerance.
Yes, and if a proper balance could be maintained it would be legal here in 'Murica too. Sadly the Christian right does not want anything but their religion in the schools so as a result there has to be none. We can't have just one. And some of the more liberal schools will try to sneak in something !like this forgetting that they would have to support Christianity to make up for that.