• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

An Religious Chat

Meroero

Well I am a Muslim and i wanted to take with any christian about what is the true religion ! and see who of us is right !
:eek:

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I might be down for talking about Islam and Orthodox Christianity. But first, a few questions: What criteria do you propose to use in trying to see whose religion is right? What are your motivations for wanting to have such a conversation with a Christian? Are you discerning if Christianity is the true religion instead of Islam and looking for another perspective, or are you expecting one of us to convert to Islam? Or is it simply a mutual exercising of mental muscle?

I hope you don't mind the questions, I'm just wary of getting into a debate where neither side intends on changing their views; such a debate would be pointless. But if it is instead an opportunity to learn from one another and share insights into both religions, then that is a discussion worth having.

Meroero

No, It is Just That I see that every one is on his parents religion without even thinking but i want to be on the right religion to go to heaven and also i want people to go for the right one (i mean any right religion )
and it also for me to have information about Christianity and for u :)
as you know at my schools they talk like they say there opinion about Christianity to make you feel its wrong and also i think that also happens at your schools so i just wanna know your opinion about Islam or Christianity and i say also just it without this religious Fights !! :slap:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Well I am a Muslim and i wanted to take with any christian about what is the true religion ! and see who of us is right !

Don't mind me, I'm just passing through. However, why limit your inquiry to simply one between Christianity and Islam? This forum offers a plethora of folks travelling different paths that you could ask questions of.

Peter

Meroero

Don't mind me, I'm just passing through. However, why limit your inquiry to simply one between Christianity and Islam? This forum offers a plethora of folks travelling different paths that you could ask questions of.

Peter

My Limits Isnt Only Christianity I was Also Involving Jewish but i didnt thought that i would meet "welcomely" people As I Also Know That Of Course I Know That There Is Only Three Religions From God That Have Books !
and in storys "but its not an attack just what i know " God Sended Moses And His Full Story In Quran But Later On People Edited The Book of Tawrah (the jewish book) So God Sended Jesus To Enlighten the People From The Wrong And He Was The Only Man That Could Revive The Dead and Make The Blind People See All That With The Command Of God Himself .. But Later On (with neglecting islam's Review about what happened to Jesus Because You Wont Belive me I think Because Its The Base Of Christianiy But I will Say it So When They Were Going To ( torture ) Jesus God Because He Is So Merciful He assended Jesus To BE Safe ,and Another Man Was killed not him as they say but this part isn't in quran ( "that they that the man who said the place were jesus was god made the people think he is him " ) Then As Every Christian Says It was real and also there was Great Historian Proved It But Again It Wasn't Him as in quran God Says ("And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise") And Then Also People Edited The True Bible So God Sended The Last Messenger Who Is Mohamed "A Traveling Jew Has Seen Him While He was young and said to his uncle This boy Signs of prophecy " And The Same With Christian Relative " I wont Tell You Proves About Mohamed Untill or Any thing But I Want To know Your Opinion !
No Offence
But Me as a Muslim The Quran Says to me to believe in Christianity and Judaism and also believe that Moses and Jesus are prophets From God
Do u Belive In Jesus As Jew And Vise versa ?
Please Reply I am Happy For That Chat And I Would Be Happy For A response !

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
My Limits Isnt Only Christianity I was Also Involving Jewish but i didnt thought that i would meet "welcomely" people As I Also Know That Of Course I Know That There Is Only Three Religions From God That Have Books !
and in storys "but its not an attack just what i know " God Sended Moses And His Full Story In Quran But Later On People Edited The Book of Tawrah (the jewish book) So God Sended Jesus To Enlighten the People From The Wrong And He Was The Only Man That Could Revive The Dead and Make The Blind People See All That With The Command Of God Himself .. But Later On (with neglecting islam's Review about what happened to Jesus Because You Wont Belive me I think Because Its The Base Of Christianiy But I will Say it So When They Were Going To ( torture ) Jesus God Because He Is So Merciful He assended Jesus To BE Safe ,and Another Man Was killed not him as they say but this part isn't in quran ( "that they that the man who said the place were jesus was god made the people think he is him " ) Then As Every Christian Says It was real and also there was Great Historian Proved It But Again It Wasn't Him as in quran God Says ("And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.Rather, Allah raised him to Himself. And ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise") And Then Also People Edited The True Bible So God Sended The Last Messenger Who Is Mohamed "A Traveling Jew Has Seen Him While He was young and said to his uncle This boy Signs of prophecy " And The Same With Christian Relative " I wont Tell You Proves About Mohamed Untill or Any thing But I Want To know Your Opinion !
No Offence
But Me as a Muslim The Quran Says to me to believe in Christianity and Judaism and also believe that Moses and Jesus are prophets From God

I don't want to derail your conversation with Christian folks. This is, after all, the Christian DIR.

Let me be, therefore, brief. If I believed in what Christianity posits, I would be a Christian. If I believe in what Islam posits, I would be a Muslim. I am neither. I am a Jew committed to Judaism.

If you wish further dialogue you probably should post something on one of the more general subforums.

Peter

Meroero

I don't want to derail your conversation with Christian folks. This is, after all, the Christian DIR.

Let me be, therefore, brief. If I believed in what Christianity posits, I would be a Christian. If I believe in what Islam posits, I would be a Muslim. I am neither. I am a Jew committed to Judaism.

If you wish further dialogue you probably should post something on one of the more general subforums.

Peter

Can I Have A Private Chat With U ?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
No, It is Just That I see that every one is on his parents religion without even thinking but i want to be on the right religion to go to heaven and also i want people to go for the right one (i mean any right religion )
and it also for me to have information about Christianity and for u :)
as you know at my schools they talk like they say there opinion about Christianity to make you feel its wrong and also i think that also happens at your schools so i just wanna know your opinion about Islam or Christianity and i say also just it without this religious Fights !! :slap:
Ahh, good. I'd be more than willing to talk with you about our two respective religions, then :) I'm sure you'll find Orthodox Christianity to be rather different from the Protestantism and Catholicism you're probably familiar with.

If you would like to take this discussion to PM or another forum, I'm fine with whatever you want to do.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
***Mod post***

This thread has been moved to the Religious Debates forum.​

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
No Offence
It is going to be difficult to have a meaningful, if not subtle, debate in English with someone whose command of English is, well, spotty. I'm just saying. Also, this little fishy is not going for the bait.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

It would seem to me that the true religion is the one which accurately reflects the mind of God & motivates it adherents to uphold his laws and standards. It would also tell us where we have come from and where we are heading...its advice should work for the benefit of all and it should promote love, peace and unity.

what do you think should be the identifying features of true religion?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why your religion is right. For you. But is it right for others? That is the debatable point. And are other's religions right for you? Isn't that a question each individual must ask themselves? Isn't the question really whether or not YOUR ideas need to be imposed upon others, or that THEIR ideas need to be imposed upon you?

I can tell you, your religion is not right for me, and my views are not right for you because you are not the same person as me, not from the same culture, not with the same experiences, not with the same thoughts. Imposing religion upon others is not about truth, it's about power over others. And seeking such power is a substitute for actual Truth. If you thrive in your religion, it is truth for you. If I thrive in mine, it is truth for me.

So what's the debate?

mystic64

nolonger active

Meroero, I think that it is good for you and us for you to post this topic. And if we can help you practice with your english that is good also.

Meroero, I am a Christian mystic and have studied all of the different versions of Christianity. To be honest with you I know very little about Islam as a religion. If you are a Christian in good standing (which depends on what Christian church you belong to) you go to Heaven when you die. Now correct me if I am wrong, in Islam you go to Paradise when you die if you are a Moslem in good standing. Meroero, I have been to Moslem Paradise and was welcomed there, so I do know that it is real. I have been to first level Heaven, so I know that it is real also. Personally I really liked Paradise, but Heaven was ok also.

I was going to read the Koran but a Moslem cleric told me that if you can not speak, read, and write Arabic that it is not possible to understand the Koran's true meaning. So I did not read it. It also turned out that if you can not speak, read, and write Arabic that you can not truely understand Christian scripture because it was origionally writen in Arabic and then translated into other languages in many different ways. But I have read and studied many to these different translations.

So Meroero I guess my first question to you is: Is Allah the same God as the Christian God Jehovah?

mystic64

nolonger active
And PS: If we can't talk about something in public, then I do not want to talk about it. Ok? There are no viewer numbers in private conversation and the viewers are an important part of message board dynamics.

freethinker44

I can predict how this debate will work.

Muslims are wrong about Christianity because they are taking the bible out of context.
Christians are wrong about Islam because they can't truly understand it unless they speak Arabic.
The Christian god is the true god because the Bible tells them so.
Allah is the true god because the Quran says it.

Am I in the ballpark here?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I can predict how this debate will work.

Muslims are wrong about Christianity because they are taking the bible out of context.
Christians are wrong about Islam because they can't truly understand it unless they speak Arabic.
The Christian god is the true god because the Bible tells them so.
Allah is the true god because the Quran says it.

Am I in the ballpark here?

If we get real lucky, someone will say, "My God is bigger than your God".