• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"An armed person tried to breach the FBI building in Cincinnati, Ohio"

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That's OK because that wasn't the people protesting police brutality. You're referring to a few incidents done by people unrelated to the protestors. Of the BLM protests 93% were peaceful. Only 7% had violence of some sort, which included white supremacists causing trouble.

Try to love thy neighbor when they are fighting for their civil rights instead of casting falsehoods about them. You claim to be a Christian, right? Don't you want to follow Jesus?
Never said all BLM protesters were not peaceful.

All I said was that ONE person who used force against FBI reminded me of the violent protesters of before. In the case of BLM it would represent the 7% and that I wish they would have responded to the 7% like they did to the ONE.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ignoring reality doesn't change reality.
Some people are focused only on violence from the right.
Bringing up leftish violence is always dismissed as
"False equivalence!". The left fancies itself as so
much more moral, that no comparison can be made.
Perhaps they've no sense of history, & see only this
week's news & gnashing of teeth.

But at the moment, the right is indeed the bigger threat.
But why? It's not just Trump's cult. There's a broader
& increasing tolerance for political violence. And & the
left's pursuing it (Antifa, BLM) has inspired the right (IMO).

What is the threat deserving most attention though.
I say it's not violence...it's the perversion of government,
eg, stealth SCOTUS candidates seizing power, lower
level MAGAs trying to control voting processes & results.

F1fan

Veteran Member

All I said was that ONE person who used force against FBI reminded me of the violent protesters of before. In the case of BLM it would represent the 7% and that I wish they would have responded to the 7% like they did to the ONE.
And I pointed out that BLM protesters are fighting for civil rights as guaranteed by the Constitution. The MAGA protests are opposed to fair and secure elections, the rule of law, factual reporting, equality, anyone who is not a far right citizen, etc. So let that sink in.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Not that I condone violence of any kind, but Ken, let's look at the differences between the two situations. One is you have a long history of disproportionate police targeting of black peoples, and an excruciating video of the active murder of an innocent black man by a police officer that spurred outrage and protests nation-wide.

The other situation is a liar who lost a free and fair election manipulating his followers with totally fabricated lies and denialism, falsely attacking the feds as arms of his political enemies when they served a legitimate search warrant to retrieve highly classified materials he refused to surrender after lengthy efforts by the justice department. One is based on facts, the other is based on lies by one man looking to illegitimately seize power for himself in an election where he was soundly defeated.

Be honest with yourself here. You cannot compare the deliberately stoked violence by political lies to get followers to do their bidding for them which result in things like the Jan 6 attack on police offices and the congress, or the attack of this person against the feds with the spontaneous violence that spills over out of decades of clear targeted discrimination supported by facts and statistics. Neither are good responses, but the sources are clearly different. You cannot compare these as the same thing.

Truth matters. Facts matter. Honesty matters. Integrity matters. It used to be the Christian way.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It's hard to find any news outlet that doesn't have an agenda. Certainly left-leaning outlets with political interest wouldn't report on it.

Black Lives Matter Leader Says Group to Field Armed

Black Lives Matter leader declares war on police | Daily Mail Online
But both articles say it is for defensive purposes.

From your 1st link:
“We're talking about self-defense. We're talking about defending our communities,...".

...and from your 2nd link:
"And we prepare to stop these government sanctioned murders by any means necessary... We are preparing and training our people to defend our communities...".