• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"An armed person tried to breach the FBI building in Cincinnati, Ohio"

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
Here is an example of the right wing "civil war" that is really just domestic terrorism.

If it is domestic terrorism, then may the law come down on him- along with anyone else who engages in crime and violence to make their political statements. Might be wishful thinking, considering the hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance we saw all through 2020 during the “fiery but mostly peaceful protests”.

This is not “Civil War”. You don’t want Civil War. You really… do not. Fortunately, it will likely not come to that, because Americans- despite whatever “great divide” the media seems hell bent on perpetuating- are far too intertwined with each other. No matter how much they might despise certain laws and politicians, most are not willing to slaughter friends and family over politics.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
If it is domestic terrorism, then may the law come down on him- along with anyone else who engages in crime and violence to make their political statements. Might be wishful thinking, considering the hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance we saw all through 2020 during the “fiery but mostly peaceful protests”.

This is not “Civil War”. You don’t want Civil War. You really… do not. Fortunately, it will likely not come to that, because Americans- despite whatever “great divide” the media seems hell bent on perpetuating- are far too intertwined with each other. No matter how much they might despise certain laws and politicians, most are not willing to slaughter friends and family over politics.

I agree: for all the civil war talk, I am not sure how many are actually ready for the hell that would be.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You mean those thousands of leftists breaking into law enforcement offices with AR-15 type weaponry and nail guns?

Let me suggest that everything reminds you of your imaginary MAGA muck.

We do not know the specifics of this case, but what we do know is that those who create, promote, or allow this mentality typically serve as a threat to civil society.
I am happy that they got this radical person!!!

But, I'm talking about radicals like:
Armed Activists Seized Three Blocks of a North Portland Residential Neighborhood. Here’s What It Was Like Inside the Encampment.

Portland ICE building burns amid night of violent protests

Seattle protesters take over city blocks to create police-free 'autonomous zone'

Would have been nice if they also grabbed these people

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There are nail guns and there are nail guns. Most are pneumatic or electric.
The dangerous ones use explosive caps to fire the nail like bullets. They can penetrate steel girders.
In a company I worked for a fitter fired one to fit a baton to a stud wall, and it shot a workers arm in the next room. Fortunately it went right through and hit nothing vital.

The managing director was not well pleased. Nor were the police.

Kenny

Premium Member
Except the riots you are thinking of, were coopted by dissidents that only wanted destruction, and didn't actually agree or support the protests that started to begin with. Some just like to see the world burn.

Police: Richmond riots instigated by white supremacists disguised as Black Lives Matter

Man who helped ignite George Floyd riots identified as white supremacist: Police
Yes... there are those radicals too!

But every side has them:
Black Lives Matter plans armed 'peace officers' in war on police, NY leader says

I might classify some of them as insurrections when they invade government building with weapons.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Reminds me of the thousands who were involved from the left in destroying cities and police department...
How do you know they were of the "left"? In the long history of protests, it is not at all unusual for others to take advantage of the confusion to do their "own thing", and some of the BLM protests are examples of this.

Kenny

Premium Member
How do you know they were of the "left"? In the long history of protests, it is not at all unusual for others to take advantage of the confusion to do their "own thing", and some of the BLM protests are examples of this.
That is always a possibility as it is with the Jan 6th breaking and entering.

But, as I said and/or intimated, "radicals" on both sides don't represent the party.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I might classify some of them as insurrections when they invade government building with weapons.

I am against violence, but I do feel some insurrection can be justified. If I am deciding between a minority group with data that supports state violence against them, while I may not support violence, I am more willing to say they have the greater justification than a person doing so on behalf of Donald Trump.*

*Not suggesting this incident has anything to do with Trump, but it is a handy comparison between two uneven issues.

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Reminds me of the thousands who were involved from the left in destroying cities and police department...

Radical people on both sides.

At least this was a loner.
"DESTROYING cities and police departments" - Show me stories about the cities the left DESTROYED. Go ahead. Prove your point.

Kenny

Premium Member
"DESTROYING cities and police departments" - Show me stories about the cities the left DESTROYED. Go ahead. Prove your point.
I'm not sure what the ruckus here is about. I just said the "radicals" but not all people (D or R)

But, as you requested:

Minneapolis police abandon precinct after protesters set it on fire

BLM protesters set Portland police station on fire

City settles for $5.75 million with those injured in 2020 summer protests

Not sure exactly how many you want... you can find them on the interenet

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
But, as I said and/or intimated, "radicals" on both sides don't represent the party.
Nonsense. The white nationalists absolutely represent Trump and the significant segment of the GOP that promotes and normalizes him. Your failure to recognize that is complicit.