1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ambassador Taylor Testimony

Discussion in 'Political Debates' started by Prometheus85, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Prometheus85

Prometheus85 Active Member

Ratings:
    +388
    Religion:
    N/A
    Well, Trump defenders: You can’t claim Bill Taylor is lying. (He’s a career diplomat, appointed by Trump admin. & backed up by texts). And you can’t say with any shred of credibility that it’s no big deal to condition foreign aid on delivery of political dirt.

So: what now?

• Winner Winner x 5
  2. Jollybear

Jollybear Hey

Ratings:
    +567
    Religion:
    Christian/mystic
    Why do you believe the american people dont have a right to know if biden is lying or not?

3. AT-AT

AT-AT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,624
    Religion:
    I finally figured out what direction I should go, when I studied the revelations of the Baha'i faith
    Understanding the law is pretty important especially if in public office. For example, it wouldn't matter whether Trump interfered in an investigation which cleared him or not, it's still Obstruction of Justice whether it cleared him or not. In the same way and in this separate case, I don't believe it really matters whether Biden did or didn't do something illegal, as far as Trump's case, not Biden's case, goes.

#3 AT-AT, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sun rise

sun rise "Let there be peace and love among all"
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,435
    Religion:
    Love
    Ignore the facts and try to change the subject.

• Like Like x 3
  5. leov

leov Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +528
    Religion:
    Gnostic Christian
    They ALL are lying. American people never heard real truth.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Shad

Shad Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +3,315
    Religion:
    Theological noncognitivist
    All his testimony is 3rd hand. I heard from X. I believe X. I inferred X. Not one single direct contact piece of testimony. Yawn.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Jollybear

Jollybear Hey

Ratings:
    +567
    Religion:
    Christian/mystic
    Wait a second, its obstruction of justice to stop a president from having investigated potential corruption into a political candidate?

It sounds to me that to STOP such an investigation would be obstruction of justice. Your tipping it upside down.

Another thing is that every political candidate exposes flaws in the others. But, it so happens in this case, trumps case, when he does it, its bad?

Another thing, the democrats are pushing a double standard. Its bad for trump, but good for biden.

Another double standard is the double standard in the 2016 election. Where hillery gets help from ukraine against trump. Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire

The real obstruction is within the communist democrats. They are a threat to everything good.

#7 Jollybear, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  8. Jollybear

Jollybear Hey

Ratings:
    +567
    Religion:
    Christian/mystic
    Why dont the american people not have a right to know about biden who will potentially be there president?

Im not ignoring anything, your ignoring this very important issue here.

9. blü 2

blü 2 Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,900
    Religion:
    Skeptical
    Why do you think the President doesn't have the power to sell the White House and pocket the dough?

10. Jollybear

Jollybear Hey

Ratings:
    +567
    Religion:
    Christian/mystic
    Because its not theres to sell.

I dont understand where your going?

11. Stevicus

Stevicus Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,470
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    I guess it will be up to the Senate to decide.

12. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +12,452
    Religion:
    Catholic-- liberal & ecumenical
    It is VERY clear that the "smoking gun", which frankly was already known, without any doubt now shows that Trump was involved in a quid pro quo, even though his defenders will never likely admit as such. Other witnesses are involved, which is why Taylor's testimony is not a compete surprise, and the last time I heard witnesses can and are often useful in a court of law. [/sarcsm]

And this even stands to even the most basic logic because we know that this administration did not send the monies promised to the Ukrainians until this whole thing "blew up" several weeks ago.

Common sense and other events should tell anyone whom at least tries to be objective that Trump couldn't care less about this whole thing until it was clear that Biden could get the Democratic nomination. So, the answer as to why didn't Trump & Co couldn't care less before this year about the Biden's is really quite clear.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Coincidentia oppositorum
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,159
    Religion:
    Dual-aspect pantheist
    What I fear is that the information we get from the closed hearings could be filtered. Taylor might have said other things that mitigated what we've heard, but we don't know since we don't have the full transcripts, if I'm not mistaken. Also, he tells it from his point of view anyway and how he interpreted the information he got, and I'm not sure he was part of the inner circle for these things, so in the end, there's a risk things could be somewhat exaggerated or even misunderstood. With that said, it wouldn't surprise me he's right.

14. Ouroboros

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,159
    Religion:
    Dual-aspect pantheist
    And the American people have the right to know if Trump is lying or not as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ouroboros

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +3,159
    Religion:
    Dual-aspect pantheist
    And why don't the American people have the right to know about Trump, who might potentially be our president?

Isn't it important issue to know if Trump is corrupt?

Maybe we should ask Iran or China to investigate Trump? Maybe Biden should ask them?

Besides, my understanding is that Biden is being investigated by the DoJ. Just not by the President. He's not an investigator and he has a conflict of interest, therefore, proper authority that's created for the purpose is doing the job they're supposed to do, so the president can do the job he was supposed to do.

#15 Ouroboros, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  16. Windwalker

Windwalker Integralist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Religion:
    Love, Light, and Life
    We do have a right to know whether any possible POTUS is criminal (which is why Trump is being investigated). The whole Binden accusation been thoroughly investigated and found to be a baseless conspiracy theory. Think of Creationism vs. the Theory of Evolution as a fair comparison. They already have the answer, but it's not good enough for them. They won't believe anything that doesn't fit their theologies.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nakosis

Nakosis crystal soldier
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,013
    Religion:
    Atheist Libertarian
    Look forward to him being cross-examined I suppose.

18. Prometheus85

Ratings:
    +388
    Religion:
    N/A
    why do you still continue to push the already debunked conspiracy theory that the Bidens were involved in corruption in Ukraine?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Prometheus85

Ratings:
    +388
    Religion:
    N/A

This statement is just panicky word vomit.

Confirmed: Bill Taylor’s opening statement was 15 pages long and led many in the room listening to his testimony to sigh and gasp as he described efforts to tie an investigation of the 2016 election interference to a White House meeting and aid being released to Ukraine.

20. Jose Fly

Jose Fly Fisker of men

Ratings:
    +4,250
    As you can tell by the level of arguments they make, we're pretty much down to the True Trump Believers....the ~25% who will never support impeaching and removing Trump no matter what he's done.

It's also fascinating to watch the shifting ad hoc arguments the True Believers use. Remember all the attacks and conspiracy theories about the whistleblower? Don't hear too much about that anymore, do you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1