• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ambassador Taylor Testimony

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
You didn't read the statement did you? It was filled with I believe, I heard, I think. That is an opinion and hearsay. More so Sondland is needed to corroborate the testimony which he has yet to do.
According to Taylor's opening statement, he was on a conference/video call where OMB staff told him that the aid to Ukraine was on hold at the direction of President Trump. So the next step is to depose the OMB staff member who was on that call and see if she verifies that account and if she had documentation of that order. If she was given that order by her supervisor (which is what Taylor said she claimed), then they will depose that OMB supervisor and so on.

I'm surprised you're this clueless when it comes to how investigations work. You seem to be under the impression that when someone says "Person X told me this", everything stops there and we just take that person's word for it.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Notice how the Trump talking points has switched from not countering the fact that he threatened a quid pro quo but to the process of impeachment "behind closed doors!", which is actually where most depositions are held?
Because they can't argue the facts of the case, all they have left is to gripe about the process. But yesterdays' stunt was really odd, since it wasn't clear what they were demanding. They couldn't have been demanding Republican participation in the depositions, since Republicans were part of the depositions. They couldn't have been demanding that Republicans get to question the witnesses, since the Republicans participating in the depositions were free to ask questions.

If it's all about it being "in secret" all I can do is reiterate....we're still in the investigation phase, so that's how this works. The public hearings won't begin until the investigation is complete and the full House begins impeachment hearings.

Shad

Veteran Member
According to Taylor's opening statement, he was on a conference/video call where OMB staff told him that the aid to Ukraine was on hold at the direction of President Trump.

Old news. Wasn't illegal when Obama did it.

So the next step is to depose the OMB staff member who was on that call and see if she verifies that account and if she had documentation of that order.

Irrelevant as the WH acknowledged the hold

If she was given that order by her supervisor (which is what Taylor said she claimed), then they will depose that OMB supervisor and so on.

Again old news and irrelevant.

I'm surprised you're this clueless when it comes to how investigations work.

You seem clueless that this is old news already. Funny how the only point you can address is one that is in the open already. Hilarious.

You seem to be under the impression that when someone says "Person X told me this", everything stops there and we just take that person's word for it.

Yet here I am in a thread full of liberals that believe Taylor's statement is a slam dunk until I pointed out it isn't. Now you change your tune. Hilarious.

Prometheus85

You seem clueless that this is old news already. Funny how the only point you can address is one that is in the open already. Hilarious.

Yet here I am in a thread full of liberals that believe Taylor's statement is a slam dunk until I pointed out it isn't. Now you change your tune. Hilarious.

Wasn’t illegal when Obama did it?

And bill Taylor’s statement is irrelevant because you say so? LMAOOOOOOO Hate to break to ya but bill Taylor’s statement
Demolishes Republican excuses for Trump’s extortion.

Taylor’s Testimony Goes Way Beyond Quid Pro Quo

Shad

Veteran Member
Wasn’t illegal when Obama did it?

Nope it was never illegal. Now Dems are acting like it is.

And bill Taylor’s statement is irrelevant because you say so? LMAOOOOOOO Hate to break to ya but bill Taylor’s statement

No it was irrelevant as the poster's point is old news. The WH acknowledged the hold.

Thanks for the evidence to prove that you are just repeating what you are told and do not think about the matter. More so you just ignored my points that all Taylor provided was opinion. You just refuted your sides own argument without realizing it and justified Trumps hold even more.

Prometheus85

Nope it was never illegal. Now Dems are acting like it is.

No it was irrelevant as the poster's point is old news. The WH acknowledged the hold.

Thanks for the evidence to prove that you are just repeating what you are told and do not think about the matter. More so you just ignored my points that all Taylor provided was opinion. You just refuted your sides own argument without realizing it and justified Trumps hold even more.

what did Obama do that was illegal? The White House acknowledge withhold aid citing corruption is not only a thin defense, its also not supported by sworn testimony or recent reporting.

so let me get this straight. I gave you evidence contradicting everything you said a you dismiss it as me basically being brainwashed by the media. You also dismiss bill Taylor’s testimony (facts) as an opinion and doesn’t really matter while at the same time consider your opinions to be facts.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
When did Obama order a hold on military aid to a country until they investigated his political rival?

Hilarious. Earlier it was all about Taylor only having second and third-hand info. But now Team Trump has dropped that talking point like a hot rock and has moved on to "Yeah he held up military aid to Ukraine....so what?"

This is exactly like arguing with creationists.

Shad

Veteran Member
what did Obama do that was illegal?

I was pointing out Obama putting a hold on funding is what people are now using against Trump. POTUS can withhold funding legal. Now suddenly it is a crime if one happens to be Trump.

The White House acknowledge withhold aid citing corruption is not only a thin defense, its also not supported by sworn testimony or recent reporting.

Strawman. The WH acknowledge the hold and that is it.

I gave you evidence contradicting everything you said a you dismiss it as me basically being brainwashed by the media.

You gave me an opinion piece which I read and reject for reasons already stated. You provide no defense nor even a quote from your source. Now you whine that I dismissed it? Hilarious

You also dismiss bill Taylor’s testimony (facts) as an opinion and doesn’t really matter while at the same time consider your opinions to be facts.

Yes as opinions are opinions. I feel. I believe. That is not slam dunk evidence yet you pretend it is.

Prometheus85

When did Obama order a hold on military aid to a country until they investigated his political rival?

Hilarious. Earlier it was all about Taylor only having second and third-hand info. But now Team Trump has dropped that talking point like a hot rock and has moved on to "Yeah he held up military aid to Ukraine....so what?"

i asked him that same question too!

"When did Obama order a hold on military aid to a country until they investigated his political rival"?

he has yet to give an adequate response. All he keeps doing is playing the whataboutism card

Shad

Veteran Member

Strawman. Obama put a hold on aid to Egypt during it's Arab Spring and MB regime.

Wrong. You babbled a point that is almost a month old and open to the public before Taylor said a word to Congress.

I know it is. You present no evidence and make faith statements then whine later when you have no counter argument. You babble about coincidence then reject your method when it can be used against your view point. Hilarious

Prometheus85

I was pointing out Obama putting a hold on funding is what people are now using against Trump. POTUS can withhold funding legal. Now suddenly it is a crime if one happens to be Trump.

Strawman. The WH acknowledge the hold and that is it.

You gave me an opinion piece which I read and reject for reasons already stated. You provide no defense nor even a quote from your source. Now you whine that I dismissed it? Hilarious

Yes as opinions are opinions. I feel. I believe. That is not slam dunk evidence yet you pretend it is.

obama didn’t put a hold on military aid to get dirt on a political opponent. Big difference.

Shad

Veteran Member
i asked him that same question too!

"When did Obama order a hold on military aid to a country until they investigated his political rival"?

That was a loaded question which included your conclusion of the case. Hilarious given liberals were just babble about investigation while concluding guilt at the same time.

he has yet to give an adequate response.

Wrong. I just didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. Your problem.

All he keeps doing is playing the whataboutism card

Wrong. I am pointing out withhold funds is completely legal by POTUS.

Prometheus85

That was a loaded question which included your conclusion of the case. Hilarious given liberals were just babble about investigation while concluding guilt at the same time.

Wrong. I just didn't tell you what you wanted to hear. Your problem.

Wrong. I am pointing out withhold funds is completely legal by POTUS.

Withholding funds that was already appropriated by Congress citing corruption that was disproved by the pentagon all for the purpose of getting dirt on your political opponent is legal? It’s amazing how you ignore facts!

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Strawman. Obama put a hold on aid to Egypt during it's Arab Spring and MB regime.
So we both agree that Obama did not withhold military aid to Egypt to pressure them to investigate his political rivals.

Wrong. You babbled a point that is almost a month old and open to the public before Taylor said a word to Congress.
Um.....your first post in this thread: "All his testimony is 3rd hand. I heard from X. I believe X. I inferred X. Not one single direct contact piece of testimony. Yawn."

That's the problem with ad hoc talking points....after a period of time it can get difficult to keep them straight.

Shad

Veteran Member
Withholding funds that was already appropriated by Congress citing corruption that was disproved by the pentagon all for the purpose of getting dirt on your political opponent is legal?

Again projecting your conclusion as fact.

It’s amazing how you ignore facts!

You have confused your opinion with facts. Try again.