• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Peoples of Colour are Turning away from the Democratic Party

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Another baseless inflammatory accusation without any sufficient evidence provided to back it up. You reacted to my post exactly how I thought you would. Thanks for proving my point, Twilight Hue. It's become rather obvious that Trump supporters have a bad habit of running their mouths and blowing out a lot of hot air. It's no wonder they like Trump so much. Birds of a feather.
Addition...
My point exactly. You don't pass yourself off as some sort of expert when we complain over the most trivial of things and call it a loss of freedom. You had and have no right or entitlement to them, but you claim you do.
The PATRIOT Act. That involved a loss of freedom and Constitutional guarantees and protections. Having to pay for something a store is giving to you does not involve a loss of freedom.

Um...I was against the Patriot act and where is the left opposition to repeal it? No? Well here is the facts.....

Why the Hell Did Democrats Just Extend the Patriot Act?

Yea. Democrats.

Also...

The Ten Worst State's for Freedom in America ... Were Run By Democrats - Granite Grok

I'll just stay with the freer side of things.

Have fun supporting the authoritarian left.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Because living in a Democrat authoritarian state that is factually the least in economic and personal freedoms in the entire nation makes me an expert based on first hand experience on how Democrats run things.

Mabe you should research on who is actually evil here.

You do know there is no actually evil in any sense? We are doing different subjective value systems.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yeah, it is all opinion right? Are you happy with a Black American being a Democrat?
Yes... I made sure that I noted that it was an opinion.

It is more of the content of a person than a party affiliation that interests me.

However, one thing that can't denied, because of radical positions more and more people of more melanin are moving to the Republican party as noted in the OP.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

It is more of the content of a person than a party affiliation that interests me.

However, one thing that can't denied, because of radical positions more and more people of more melanin are moving to the Republican party as noted in the OP.

Okay. And I have read that more and more white evangelical Christians are moving to the Democratic party. So now what?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Because living in a Democrat authoritarian state that is factually the least in economic and personal freedoms in the entire nation makes me an expert based on first hand experience on how Democrats run things.

Mabe you should research on who is actually evil here.
What is a "Democrat authoritarian state?"

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

The Republican party is the current party of "radical positions."

Trump actually won the election ... Hang Mike Pence ... insurrection
Trying to overturn Roe v. Wade
Enacting anti-trans and anti-gay legislation all across the country
Democrats are pedophiles who eat babies' blood
Democrats are the party of "open borders"
California wildfires were started by Jewish space lasers
COVID is a hoax

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The Republican party is the current party of "radical positions."

Trump actually won the election ... Hang Mike Pence ... insurrection
Trying to overturn Roe v. Wade
Enacting anti-trans and anti-gay legislation all across the country
Democrats are pedophiles who eat babies' blood
Democrats are the party of "open borders"
California wildfires were started by Jewish space lasers
COVID is a hoax
I think that is a biased statement.

There are radicals on both sides.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Who says there is a right for government to control people's individual choices?

All from plastic bags to abortion. I suppose it's put up or shut up.
Do you have the "choice" to pollute the drinking water?
Do you have a "choice" to dump garbage wherever you please?
Do you have a "choice" to spew harmful chemicals into the atmosphere?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I think that is a biased statement.

There are radicals on both sides.
Most of the things I mentioned there are pretty mainstream among Republicans these days, even though they're some pretty radical beliefs.
A majority of Republicans believe that Trump won the election, for example.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
But they still are very much in the minority, and I think we should all know why. Can you acknowledge that?

One of the two main reasons why I left my church in my mid-20's was because of the racism there, along with the fact that our pastor told my wife & I that he would not denounce racism as a sin in front of the congregation as he said maybe as many as 1/3 of the congregation would leave. I told him that unless he did as such we would no longer be attending, so we joined my wife's Catholic Church even though I didn't convert until years later. I also knew a Lutheran pastor who got fired because he dared to call racism a sin. This is also the main reason why I stop identifying myself as being a Republican.

This really hits me hard as I've fought racism for almost 60 years now.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Do you have the "choice" to pollute the drinking water?
Do you have a "choice" to dump garbage wherever you please?
Do you have a "choice" to spew harmful chemicals into the atmosphere?

Yeah, I was once in a rational debate with a Libertarian. He end up make the same environmental standards as I would. He just started differently.