• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Peoples of Colour are Turning away from the Democratic Party

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Most of the things I mentioned there are pretty mainstream among Republicans these days, even though they're some pretty radical beliefs.
A majority of Republicans believe that Trump won the election, for example.
As I said, mainstream wise, they would be both on the left as it is on the right.

Kenny

Premium Member
But they still are very much in the minority, and I think we should all know why. Can you acknowledge that?

One of the two main reasons why I left my church in my mid-20's was because of the racism there, along with the fact that our pastor told my wife & I that he would not denounce racism as a sin in front of the congregation as he said maybe as many as 1/3 of the congregation would leave. I told him that unless he did as such we would no longer be attending, so we joined my wife's Catholic Church even though I didn't convert until years later. I also knew a Lutheran pastor who got fired because he dared to call racism a sin. This is also the main reason why I stop identifying myself as being a Republican.

This really hits me hard as I've fought racism for almost 60 years now.
Absolutely, it is a minority... I think the OP's point is simply that now there is a definite and notable change. It may be an anomaly or it may be a change that will continue to grow as time goes on.

Kenny

Premium Member
Trump actually won the election ... Hang Mike Pence ... insurrection vs. abrams-the-election-was-stolen-from-the-people-of-georgia

Enacting anti-trans and anti-gay legislation all across the country vs Enacting pro-trans, pro-gray and no-religion across the country.

Democrats are pedophiles who eat babies' blood - this is actually funny... if you think this is mainstream then you may be part of the problem

Democrats are the party of "open borders" - Republicans are against immigration

California wildfires were started by Jewish space lasers-- this also is too funny if you think this is mainstream you may be part of the problem. -

"if we didn't pass Obamacare MILLION of people are going to DIE"

COVID is a hoax - Again, if you think this is mainstream you may be part of the problem. vs if you don't wear masks millions are going to DIE, if you don't get a vaccination millions are going to DIE. if you don't mask children millions are going to DIE, if we don't close down all the businesses millions are going to DIE.

Suffice to say there are radicals on both sides. ;)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Trump actually won the election ... Hang Mike Pence ... insurrection vs. abrams-the-election-was-stolen-from-the-people-of-georgia

"I think the election was stolen from the people of Georgia," Abrams said. "I don't know that empirically I would have won, but if you add together the thousands of people who faced extraordinarily long lines, who faced hurdles that should not happen in a democracy, the votes that we know were not counted, the secretary of state, who was also my opponent in the race, purged more than 1.4 million voters over basically an eight-year period."

She's not wrong, from what I can see.

Also, as noted, the majority of Republicans think that the Democrats committed mass voter fraud to steal the election from Trump.

Enacting anti-trans and anti-gay legislation all across the country vs Enacting pro-trans, pro-gray and no-religion across the country.
Those aren't radical positions.

Democrats are pedophiles who eat babies' blood - this is actually funny... if you think this is mainstream then you may be part of the problem
Really?

Once again, we're talking about a majority of Republicans' beliefs here, not just a few random loons. In other words, it's a mainstream belief among Republicans.

Nearly Half of Republicans Now Think Top Democrats Are Running Pedophile Cabals
New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Half of Trump supporters believe QAnon's imaginary claims
Poll: Half Of Trump Supporters Believe Baseless Child Sex-Trafficking QAnon Claims

Democrats are the party of "open borders" - Republicans are against immigration
According to ?

California wildfires were started by Jewish space lasers-- this also is too funny if you think this is mainstream you may be part of the problem. -
Outlandish claims like this and that Democrats are running massive pedophile rings out of the basement of pizza parlours has become much more mainstream over the last few years as the QAnon cult has grown.

"if we didn't pass Obamacare MILLION of people are going to DIE"
According to ?

COVID is a hoax - Again, if you think this is mainstream you may be part of the problem. vs if you don't wear masks millions are going to DIE, if you don't get a vaccination millions are going to DIE. if you don't mask children millions are going to DIE, if we don't close down all the businesses millions are going to DIE.
If you disagree with this one, I'd have to say you just aren't paying attention.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...how-far-covid-19-misinformation-has-traveled/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...poll-gops-embrace-coronavirus-misinformation/
Viral thoughts: Why COVID-19 conspiracy theories persist
Fact check: COVID-19 is not a hoax to eliminate Trump

Millions of people worldwide (over 6 million) have died from COVID. So no, not a radical view. Just reality.

I could, and should have added that vaccines are killing everyone and the deaths are being hidden from us, the pandemic was planned by global elitists to control us, death tolls are being inflated, ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine are effective treatments that are being kept from us, the vaccine contains microchips to control us,

Suffice to say there are radicals on both sides. ;)
They don't seem to be even remotely equal.

Kenny

Premium Member
"I think the election was stolen from the people of Georgia," Abrams said. "I don't know that empirically I would have won, but if you add together the thousands of people who faced extraordinarily long lines, who faced hurdles that should not happen in a democracy, the votes that we know were not counted, the secretary of state, who was also my opponent in the race, purged more than 1.4 million voters over basically an eight-year period."

She's not wrong, from what I can see.

Also, as noted, the majority of Republicans think that the Democrats committed mass voter fraud to steal the election from Trump.

Those aren't radical positions.

Really?

Once again, we're talking about a majority of Republicans' beliefs here, not just a few random loons. In other words, it's a mainstream belief among Republicans.

Nearly Half of Republicans Now Think Top Democrats Are Running Pedophile Cabals
New Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Half of Trump supporters believe QAnon's imaginary claims
Poll: Half Of Trump Supporters Believe Baseless Child Sex-Trafficking QAnon Claims

According to ?

Outlandish claims like this and that Democrats are running massive pedophile rings out of the basement of pizza parlours has become much more mainstream over the last few years as the QAnon cult has grown.

According to ?

If you disagree with this one, I'd have to say you just aren't paying attention.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...how-far-covid-19-misinformation-has-traveled/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...poll-gops-embrace-coronavirus-misinformation/
Viral thoughts: Why COVID-19 conspiracy theories persist
Fact check: COVID-19 is not a hoax to eliminate Trump

Millions of people worldwide (over 6 million) have died from COVID. So no, not a radical view. Just reality.

I could, and should have added that vaccines are killing everyone and the deaths are being hidden from us, the pandemic was planned by global elitists to control us, death tolls are being inflated, ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine are effective treatments that are being kept from us, the vaccine contains microchips to control us,

Now you are doing exactly what the other side is doing... no difference :D

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As an independent, I have to agree with you as the Republican Party and its media cronies have gone bonkers, which is also why many have left the party. Previous Republican spokesman Steve Schmidt was interviewed yesterday and called Fox "the Fascist News Channel", and then went on to say why. A reminder that he was the main organizer for the campaign of the younger George Bush.

And polls show that roughly 70% of people who call themselves "Republicans" say Trump won and no amount of evidence seems to even get close to swaying them away from the BIG LIE. As I've posted before, Trump is a neo-fascist, which is just one reason why he cannot, even when asked, criticize Putin, plus why he persistently praises "strong leaders" and says [falsely] that the Constitution allows him to do anything when president.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
As an independent, I have to agree with you as the Republican Party and its media cronies have gone bonkers, which is also why many have left the party. Previous Republican spokesman Steve Schmidt was interviewed yesterday and called Fox "the Fascist News Channel", and then went on to say why. A reminder that he was the main organizer for the campaign of the younger George Bush.

And polls show that roughly 70% of people who call themselves "Republicans" say Trump won and no amount of evidence seems to even get close to swaying them away from the BIG LIE. As I've posted before, Trump is a neo-fascist, which is just one reason why he cannot, even when asked, criticize Putin, plus why he persistently praises "strong leaders" and says [falsely] that the Constitution allows him to do anything when president.
Thank you! As an outsider looking into the US, I've watched the Republican party descend into this strange madness over the last few years as the country (that I have always loved) has moved further and further to the right, and I find it rather alarming and bizarre.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why do you think people shouldn't have a right to use plastic bags?
Not without paying a full price for them. Some people have the mistaken belief that one only needs to pay for a product. That is false. Try buying a nuclear reactor some day and sooner or later you will understand. You can be forced to pay for their disposal too. That is what my state has done.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not without paying a full price for them. Some people have the mistaken belief that one only needs to pay for a product. That is false. Try buying a nuclear reactor some day and sooner or later you will understand. You can be forced to pay for their disposal too. That is what my state has done.
I don't understand why Conservatives and Republicans are so against having to pay for something that someone else paid to provide to them. And I can't see businesses being against it because it cuts out this senseless entitlement that costs them money.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why do you think your entitled to get them free from the store?
Store were not charging their customers.

Until the authoritarian Democrats charged into other people's business.

Democrats now are grabbing an entitled cut for themselves though with the paper bag option. Figures, the ******* thieves that Democrats are.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Store were not charging their customers.
Nope. It was an extra expense for them because people felt entitled to a freebie. Businesses were expected to give them out for free, at the expense of the business.
And now Reps and Cons are whining and crying they don't get a useless handout.
Until the authoritarian Democrats charged into other people's business.
A lot of Red districts have done it as well.
Democrats now are grabbing an entitled cut for themselves though with the paper bag option. Figures, the ******* thieves that Democrats are.
You call them a thief, but you are expecting businesses to pay for you to have an endless supply of plastic bags.
And black people will keep voting Dem, as they have and generally do, because the Reps think plastic bags are a significant issue.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Nope. It was an extra expense for them because people felt entitled to a freebie. Businesses were expected to give them out for free, at the expense of the business.
And now Reps and Cons are whining and crying they don't get a useless handout.

A lot of Red districts have done it as well.

You call them a thief, but you are expecting businesses to pay for you to have an endless supply of plastic bags.
And black people will keep voting Dem, as they have and generally do, because the Reps think plastic bags are a significant issue.
What a load of BS.

People are now running away from authoritarian Democrats as far away as they can.

They are called "Leftugees".

America’s Mass Migration Intensifies As ‘Leftugees’ Flee Blue States And Counties For Red

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What a load of BS.

People are now running away from authoritarian Democrats as far away as they can.

They are called "Leftugees".

America’s Mass Migration Intensifies As ‘Leftugees’ Flee Blue States And Counties For Red
And yet a few weeks ago I met someone here who was a youth pastor as the same exact church in Indiana I did scouts at.
Like it or not people are still moving here and it's still booming and expanding.
And, this Mass Migration has been working both ways. Such as me, who moved to California to get away from the life ruining, soul crushing Conservative restrictions of Indiana (when I left you could still buy no alcohol on Sundays).

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Places like Indiana will be regarded as the racist, bigoted, prejudiced crap hole it is instead of people having this idea it's a good, wholesome place.

They'll still have the Indy 500, though. And Indiana basketball, too. Notre Dame football.

I had some relatives with some farms in Indiana. I remember visiting them when I was a kid. My grandparents lived just over the state line in Illinois. If not for Chicago, Illinois would probably be a lot like Indiana - and Missouri and Wisconsin and Kentucky and...well, a lot of states, including Arizona. I think many states are suffering from Florida Envy. Or maybe Texas Envy.