• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All Peoples of Colour are Turning away from the Democratic Party

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
And interesting opinion piece from an American with more melanin. Newsweek.

It's time for Black America to break up with the Democratic Party | Opinion

Opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one. I think it would be odd if you thought that the opinion of one African American woman (the author) would speak for all other African Americans regarding their personal opinion of the Democratic Party. Unlike the hive mind set among Trump supporters in the Republican Party, not everyone in the Democratic Party thinks the same way.

Last edited:

F1fan

Veteran Member
And it scares them to death, this is why it seems the racism in everything narrative is an important narrative tool to keep the black people on their mental farms (yes, they think you are that stupid). The Black Conservative Republicans are not only to be mocked (should they disrupt a narrative of the black stereotype) but to be feared as a threat to "democracy". If that wasn't enough we now need a "truth Ministry" (led by a disinformation queen and proven liar) who expand their powers daily to police thoughts and monitor what we see, hear, and say on the Internet.
Independent is a growing category, so is that what you mean as more are leaving both parties? Your claims lack any credible sources, so dubious and laughable.

It is known that more Hispanics are voting for republicans, namely Cubans in Florida, but also in Texas. Now which republicans are they voting for, I'm not sure.

From what I see black conservatives are mocked for the same reason any other far right wing conservative is mocked: disinformation and absurd rhetoric.

But what do you think the GOP offers minorities in the way of policies?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Then whats " ..people of colour tend..."?

Would you consider me a poc?

No, I was just using the same terminology as the OP. My point was that the Democratic Party has had a tendency to take for granted certain voting blocs because they know that they have no real alternative. But within that big tent, I can see that there may be areas where they're not totally unified.

Blacks and Hispanics still tend to overwhelmingly vote Democratic, and this will probably remain the case, despite the thread title. I don't see them migrating over to the GOP en masse anytime soon, although there are some who have. Those who do tend to have a socially conservative agenda which tends to align with the religious right.

Audie

Veteran Member
No, I was just using the same terminology as the OP. My point was that the Democratic Party has had a tendency to take for granted certain voting blocs because they know that they have no real alternative. But within that big tent, I can see that there may be areas where they're not totally unified.

Blacks and Hispanics still tend to overwhelmingly vote Democratic, and this will probably remain the case, despite the thread title. I don't see them migrating over to the GOP en masse anytime soon, although there are some who have. Those who do tend to have a socially conservative agenda which tends to align with the religious right.

Ok...
Just white v poc (black and hispanic).

Do Asians figure into any of it?

NArdas

You simply are not telling the truth with your OP, so all we were reading is nothing short of being a smokescreen based on the use of stereotyping. Independent studies over and over again have shown that negative stereotyping by race is much higher with those who call themselves Republicans. Do the research.

More people of colour across the board voted for Trump in 2020 than in 2016 and the trend is continuing to swing towards the republicans regardless of the racism narrative much of MSM pushed especially in places that are being hardest hit with crime, inflation, and so on. Very few Black people in high crime areas wanted less policing, they wanted more regardless of what the fringe left wants us to believe with their misrepresentations. The left tethered themselves to it and BLM which many Black people oppose since BLM uses their deaths to make money without putting much back into the Black communities they pretend to care about, these are just a few of the mis steps the democrats will pay for. I think at this point the relentless pushing of the racism narrative has lost it's punch but much of the MSM will push it again the closer we get to midterms and the 2024 election.
Now you have a disinformation board led by the very same people that spread disinformation for political purposes during the last election, so maybe that will help the democrats. It may very well be the real reason behind it's creation, to make sure there is an official apparatus in place to lie, distort, suppress, and misinform Americans to undermine democracy just like they did last election..

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
And it scares them to death, this is why it seems the racism in everything narrative is an important narrative tool to keep the black people on their mental farms (yes, they think you are that stupid). The Black Conservative Republicans are not only to be mocked (should they disrupt a narrative of the black stereotype) but to be feared as a threat to "democracy". If that wasn't enough we now need a "truth Ministry" (led by a disinformation queen and proven liar) who expand their powers daily to police thoughts and monitor what we see, hear, and say on the Internet.

The only demographic that votes majority GOP is white males, especially the older ones. They are afraid of losing their power. I don't understand the fear.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ok...
Just white v poc (black and hispanic).

Do Asians figure into any of it?

Of course. I don't know that Asians are fully on board with terms such as "people of color," though. I'm not sure if you're addressing the overall topic or just the usage of the term "people of color."

pearl

It is known that more Hispanics are voting for republicans, namely Cubans in Florida, but also in Texas. Now which republicans are they voting for, I'm not sure.

They probably would not vote for a democrat who talks about improving relations with Cuba, the reason they usually vote republican, they would prefer overturning the communist regime.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Democrats think Black's are stupid and naive that they need hand holding to get to the polling place because they think they cant do do it like everyone else.

Fortunately a growing number of black folks are not drinking from the leftest kool aid. .

pearl

Of course. I don't know that Asians are fully on board with terms such as "people of color," though. I'm not sure if you're addressing the overall topic or just the usage of the term "people of color."

Neither was I until the Boston mayoral race between a white, black and Asian, every mention of the candidates was to people of color.

NArdas

The only demographic that votes majority GOP is white males, especially the older ones. They are afraid of losing their power. I don't understand the fear.

Women, people of colour etc. are increasingly siding with republicans, democrats have been warning all the sidings with the far left fringe would be detrimental to the party, it is now coming to fruition, the democrats did it to themselves

NArdas

Democrats think Black's are stupid and naive that they need hand holding to get to the polling place because they think they cant do do it like everyone else.

Fortunately a growing number of black folks are not drinking from the leftest kool aid. .

They need Black people to be perpetual victims so they can pretend to be their saviours

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
They need Black people to be perpetual victims so they can pretend to be their saviours
It's an insult to black people and their intelligence and capability.

I mean when you see stuff like this....

This follows....

Scarf Worn by Pelosi Linked to Empire Involved in W. African Slave Trade

Yea. It's telling just how hideously artificial these people are in their "cultural appropriation" of black people to the point they don the colors of an empire involved in the West African slave trade.

They just see black folks as cattle to be milked.

NArdas

Ah, the classic. Blundering politician screws up code-switching. What's new?

I'm still waiting on your sourcing of "keep the darkies on their mental farms".

You think that was a blunder? I can see how that would be easy to believe considering Joe Bidens many, many, senility moments but no, it was deliberate just like his ridiculous "Cornpop" story to attempt to get "street cred" with Black folks ( I imagine this is what his handlers thought would happen) I also loved Joe's story of taking a job as a lifeguard to "understand how Black people think" The mighty White explorer overseeing and observing his own personal Black aquatic zoo.

The last part I cannot respond to because it has been moderated