• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Again???

JJ50

Ok, So someone is predicting the end again (well sort of). Anyway ,this fellow is once again setting a date for the Rapture, April 23. We should really talk about this on April 24. What do these people not get about Jesus saying no one knows the time ,only God knows. (paraphrased of course).

World to end on April 23 according to numerologist

Remember that Harold Camping idiot who predicted the end of the world THREE times, and had the gullible believing him?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I'm planning a mission trip to help the poor IN JULY in Honduras.

I think Jesus said "there were those who were doing" when he arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm planning a mission trip to help the poor IN JULY at the Honduras. tolm.org.

I think Jesus said "there were those who were doing" when he came.
Those who dominate the headlines don't seem to have really read the Bible especially the Sermon on the Mount.

I salute all who quietly do their best to help those on the bottom be they religious or atheist. tolm.org's web page reflects that from a Christian perspective.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Ok, So someone is predicting the end again (well sort of). Anyway ,this fellow is once again setting a date for the Rapture, April 23. We should really talk about this on April 24. What do these people not get about Jesus saying no one knows the time ,only God knows. (paraphrased of course).

Well, he's correct.

For about 150 thousand people, the world will end on that day. That's the approximate number of folks who die daily.

I'm sure that over the next 5 months many who die each day will be non-believers.

The going to heaven part... Who's going to be able to prove him wrong?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I'm planning a mission trip to help the poor IN JULY at the Honduras. tolm.org.

Real help, like digging wells, building schools, giving food, clothing, medicine, etc. or just preaching fire and brimstone while passing out religious pulp?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

It didn't say what time on the 23rd .I have some things to do that day and I need to know if I need to reschedule.

I wish they could be better organized and give us more advance notice. This is just bad planning.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

That's Monday...I hate Mondays..... what the heck at least I won't have to go to work...wait..... when does he say the 23 starts....because it start 13 hours earlier if your in China and 6 hours later in Hawaii.....if its Hawaii time...DANG!!! I'll STILL have to go to work.....

David T

Premium Member

Hey religion isn't exempt from nutty. I have posted here that the end of revelations clearly states "do not add or remove a single word". I think It was old school "hey if they try and interpret they are nuts test".

If revelations said at the beginning "if ye, interprets thou shalt be cast into hell", and then that statement was followed by a series of paintings people would still interpret it and write books about it regardless. I actually.have jungs red book which is similar in many ways.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

And after April 23 another loon will predict the end of the Earth. It is almost as reliable as Death and Taxes that somewhere someone will be predicting the End of Days is coming soon.

Rational Agnostic

I'd love to make bets for large sums of money with all of these "rapture" predicting idiots about whether the world will end on whatever day they say it will. Then again I'm not so sure that that would be entirely ethical.....or legal.:tearsofjoy:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

I am lucky that they don't predect for 27 April yet , cos it's my birthday

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Real help, like digging wells, building schools, giving food, clothing, medicine, etc. or just preaching fire and brimstone while passing out religious pulp?

Obviously :D you have a very narrow viewpoint.

But, yes, building homes for widows living in wood huts, wells, clean water, medicine, education, clothing food... and "sharing the love of Jesus".

Do you go on trips to help those in third world countries?

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I'm kinda surprised by anyone selling of their belongings ?
What are they going to do with the money....the Earth is going to be destroyed, isn't it ?
OH crap.....the link is to FOX.....forget it !