• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advanced God Theory

apophenia

God was alone. There was nothing but He and the vast and infinite void. God could do anything but before He created it He would already know everything about it. Why even bother? God knew every movie possible, every song, every story, in infinite detail. He could not get away from Himself.

So what God did was use His own energy to form a universe and then further fragment Himself into that universe to give life to organic beings. In doing this God forgot who He was. Now, as living beings, us, God can experience every emotion, wonder, fear, hope, jealousy, surprise, and contentment. God fragments into what we call souls, a soul connects with evolved life forms to transmit everything from the life forms five senses along with it's thoughts to God.

God is All That Is. Everything, the rocks, the trees, the air, personality, energy, matter, every single thing that exists is a part of God. Our solar system looks like a giant atom, think of it as a single cell in God's body. But I am simplifying God too much, God is not just the universe, He is the multiverse and more. There are eleven dimensions to the material existence. The dimensions are formed by energy strings that eminate from God. The truth is that the multiverse was not formed in one giant bang but that every tiny piece of it is projected into existence for a fraction of a moment over and over and over again. Think of your universe as a movie and God is the movie projector.

Now when God fragmented Himself to form the universe and give life to life He did not use all of Himself. God kept enough to form heaven, think of it as God's brain.

One of the most interesting aspects of God is personality. God has a balanced personality, meaning He has as much of the good (love) as bad (anger) but He does not allow the bad personality aspects into heaven. When it is said that God is love it is because heaven is an enormous resource of love. So, what did God do with all of the bad personality aspects? Don't you know? It's in you.

God disperses the bad aspects, along with a small amount of the good aspects, of His personality into living beings. In this way it does the least amount of harm to the universe. Primitive beings have more of the bad aspects of personality than good and over time they evolve into beings of mostly good. Humans are still mostly selfish but you will not remain that way, you will evolve. One day you will remember who you really are.

This is why God does not reveal Himself, because the whole point of the universe was to be able to hide who He is and have experiences that He could not otherwise have. This is also why bad things happen, the bad aspects of our personalities assert themselves but if they happen on the primitive, unevolved, planets it does not affect the universe as a whole or heaven.

If you really know this then why are you explaining it to yourselves ? Are you trying to ruin the Game ?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Because possibility is far less relevant here than plausibility or even probability.

Hence "agnostic". If I knew, I wouldn't be. But that doesn't make a title like "Advanced God Theory" any less pretentious or your "theory" any more "possible" than that of the cosmology found in the Silmarillion. I have no problem entertaining the possibility that your beliefs are correct, but I very much object to the manner of presentation. But hey, that's your perogative.

So what is the probability then on God existing or not?

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
God was alone. There was nothing but He and the vast and infinite void. God could do anything but before He created it He would already know everything about it. Why even bother? God knew every movie possible, every song, every story, in infinite detail. He could not get away from Himself.

So what God did was use His own energy to form a universe and then further fragment Himself into that universe to give life to organic beings. In doing this God forgot who He was. Now, as living beings, us, God can experience every emotion, wonder, fear, hope, jealousy, surprise, and contentment. God fragments into what we call souls, a soul connects with evolved life forms to transmit everything from the life forms five senses along with it's thoughts to God.

God is All That Is. Everything, the rocks, the trees, the air, personality, energy, matter, every single thing that exists is a part of God. Our solar system looks like a giant atom, think of it as a single cell in God's body. But I am simplifying God too much, God is not just the universe, He is the multiverse and more. There are eleven dimensions to the material existence. The dimensions are formed by energy strings that eminate from God. The truth is that the multiverse was not formed in one giant bang but that every tiny piece of it is projected into existence for a fraction of a moment over and over and over again. Think of your universe as a movie and God is the movie projector.

Now when God fragmented Himself to form the universe and give life to life He did not use all of Himself. God kept enough to form heaven, think of it as God's brain.

One of the most interesting aspects of God is personality. God has a balanced personality, meaning He has as much of the good (love) as bad (anger) but He does not allow the bad personality aspects into heaven. When it is said that God is love it is because heaven is an enormous resource of love. So, what did God do with all of the bad personality aspects? Don't you know? It's in you.

God disperses the bad aspects, along with a small amount of the good aspects, of His personality into living beings. In this way it does the least amount of harm to the universe. Primitive beings have more of the bad aspects of personality than good and over time they evolve into beings of mostly good. Humans are still mostly selfish but you will not remain that way, you will evolve. One day you will remember who you really are.

This is why God does not reveal Himself, because the whole point of the universe was to be able to hide who He is and have experiences that He could not otherwise have. This is also why bad things happen, the bad aspects of our personalities assert themselves but if they happen on the primitive, unevolved, planets it does not affect the universe as a whole or heaven.

Definitions from scientific organizations...
The United States National Academy of Sciences defines scientific theories as follows:
The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics)...One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed.
From the American Association for the Advancement of Science:
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. The theory of biological evolution is more than "just a theory." It is as factual an explanation of the universe as the atomic theory of matter or the germ theory of disease. Our understanding of gravity is still a work in progress. But the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is an accepted fact.

Pseudoscience is a claim, belief, or practice which is presented as scientific, but does not adhere to a valid scientific method, lacks supporting evidence or plausibility, cannot be reliably tested, or otherwise lacks scientific status. Pseudoscience is often characterized by the use of vague, exaggerated or unprovable claims, an over-reliance on confirmation rather than rigorous attempts at refutation, a lack of openness to evaluation by other experts, and a general absence of systematic processes to rationally develop theories.

So, let’s just ask. Is any “God theory” by any measure, definition, or logical extrapolation…”scientific??

If not, let’s just call it faith-based belief or magical thinking, shall we?

Most skeptics’ notion of an “Advanced God Theory” has indeed advanced beyond anything employing science…

…and last I looked (less that 5 min ago), piety has no effective measure in evaluations of “truth”, no matter how heartfelt or earnestly testified to be so by any individual as verily being such.

BBTimeless

How many times do you have to tell a child about something before they remember?
Irrelevant to the comment I made, unless I am misunderstanding your attempt to be condescending.

God creating every part of the universe in a cycle, over and over again is not a new theory? Uhh, okay, where did I say it was?
You didn't, but you appear to have this idea that what you are claiming is ground breaking and profound. Just making sure we are on the same page...

Do I realize that I'm making God out to be the bad guy? It's amazing how you pick and choose, if you understood you would realize that WE are God and that we as a species will evolve and become good over time. I know there are plenty of immature people who will want to use this as an excuse, as if God has done nothing for you and somehow "ruined" your life when He is the one who gave it to you.
According to your theory he took all of his good traits and put them into a place you call Heaven. All of the bad traits were given to me, how is this not an evil act?

All of written history disagrees with me? Really, so things have been getting worse? Diseases are worse than they used to be? Slavery is worse? Information available is less? Infrastructure is less? Population is less? Food supply is less? Which one has gotten worse?
We are just as selfish and warlike as we were thousands of years ago. Have things gotten better in some areas? Sure. Have things gotten worse in others? You bet.

God has one personality, all of it is Him. Your personality is a select segment of His, you are borrowing it for a time or forever, depends on you.
Yes, a "bad" segment. Why would he give me that instead of a balanced one or a part of his goodness? But instead I get a string of "bad personality aspects"?

God sounds like a jerk to you? And what do you think you sound like to Him? What have you ever done for someone else? Do you provide yourself with all of your own food? Clothes? Roads? Bridges? Electricity? Almost everything is done for you but you complain that even that is not enough. Tell me, what does that sound like to others?
Food, clothes, roads, bridges, electricity were all things harvested, inspired, or created by man or science. And I think it IS enough but the problem is YOUR idea of who God is falls short. This isn't about ME, however, I see holes in your ideas/logic and I do not appear to be alone.

Last edited:

BBTimeless

It concerns topics usually discussed only in fourth and fifth semester "God" courses, compared to your usual God 101 or "Intro to God theory". Also, while beginning and intermediate courses require only a textbook and possibily one or two extra purchases from some "required reading" list, advanced god theory may not have a textbook at all, and invariably requires much more diverse reading and individual research projects.

See your local university course catalogue for details, or for a limited time only (until I get banned) send me a check or money order for $3,000 dollars per semester and upon payment for each semester you will receive not only a full semester of instruction on God theory, from beginning through advanced, but also get all course materials free of charge!
Awesome, I'm in! :D

Vansdad

I suppose my question is, why not to all of us? That would lay this entire matter to rest in an instant.
Maybe that isn't His purpose. Maybe faith has a lot to do with it. I don't feel He is here to prove anything to us. And maybe through faith He is best revealed.

BBTimeless

Maybe that isn't His purpose. Maybe faith has a lot to do with it. I don't feel He is here to prove anything to us. And maybe through faith He is best revealed.
I'm sure faith has everything to do with it, but it doesn't make a realistic claim to the entire God question. If I put on rose tinted glasses, everything will appear red.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

So what God did was use His own energy to form a universe and then further fragment Himself into that universe to give life to organic beings.
Up to this point is reasonably OK, nothing sensational, but OK. Beyond this point the "theory" rapidly devolves into the realm of drivel. My advice, get over the god concepts.