• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advanced God Theory

Super Universe

Defender of God
So, in other words, you have no clue.

They need to continue to work on string theory but they're going to have trouble with it until they figure in an infinite source of a different type of energy (God).

The scientists also need to continue to study the brain and how it really works.

They also might try to find evidence of the soul, coming and going.

Just a few ideas...

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
They need to continue to work on string theory but they're going to have trouble with it until they figure in an infinite source of a different type of energy (God).

The scientists also need to continue to study the brain and how it really works.

They also might try to find evidence of the soul, coming and going.

Just a few ideas...
...again, you got diddly except faith, right?

Super Universe

Defender of God
I can't accept the parts that have no basis in the evidence, much in the same way I do not think "fairy rings" were really made by fairies.

How much of the universe do you think scientists know about?

If it's not 100%, then shouldn't you admit that there could be a God out there?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
How much of the universe do you think scientists know about?

If it's not 100%, then shouldn't you admit that there could be a God out there?
How much of it hints at your god, or your "theory"? You already said nothing hints at it (yet), so why are you upset that I am saying you only have faith?

Super Universe

Defender of God
How much of it hints at your god, or your "theory"? You already said nothing hints at it (yet), so why are you upset that I am saying you only have faith?

I did not say that nothing hints at God, in fact, I gave a number of paragraphs that explain certain aspects of God. You can dispute the existence of the universe if you wish. You can dispute peronalities if you wish. Which one do you wish to dispute?

Me upset? At what, you claiming I only have faith? Having faith would assume I had some doubt. I don't have any doubt about God.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I did not say that nothing hints at God, in fact, I gave a number of paragraphs that explain certain aspects of God. You can dispute the existence of the universe if you wish. You can dispute peronalities if you wish. Which one do you wish to dispute?

Me upset? At what, you claiming I only have faith? Having faith would assume I had some doubt. I don't.
Your explanation was baseless, unless you can show otherwise, which you said will require waiting 60 years.

Anything else?

The universe again perhaps?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Your explanation was baseless, unless you can show otherwise, which you said will require waiting 60 years.

Anything else?

The universe again perhaps?

Lets cut to the point, shall we? There is nothing that can prove God to you, right?

So why are you here on a religious forum?

Super Universe

Defender of God
There are things that can prove God, and so far they haven't. You said so yourself.

Because religion, my ignorant friend, is not just about gods.

There are things that can prove God to rational people. Like the universe itself. But how do you prove it to an irrational person who thinks God's existence equals them getting the life they wanted?

Religion is not just about gods? And what else are they about?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
There are things that can prove God to rational people. Like the universe itself. But how do you prove it to an irrational person who thinks God's existence equals them getting the life they wanted?
I agree. However, as you said earlier, the universe has not shown evidence of God. You have faith, unless you can point me to some cosmological, biological, or chemical studies which demonstrate God.

Religion is not just about gods? And what else are they about?
Religion: "a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices"

Religious: "relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity"

You may think this "ultimate reality" is a conscious being which chooses to play with himself throughout eternity. This "ultimate reality" doesn't have to be conscious, however.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I agree. However, as you said earlier, the universe has not shown evidence of God. You have faith, unless you can point me to some cosmological, biological, or chemical studies which demonstrate God.

Religion: "a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices"

Religious: "relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity"

You may think this "ultimate reality" is a conscious being which chooses to play with himself throughout eternity. This "ultimate reality" doesn't have to be conscious, however.

I did not say the universe has not shown evidence of God. I actually used the universe as my proof of God a number of times.

Nothing can prove God to someone who has free will and refuses to accept anything as evidence.

I have faith? I have faith that bridges I drive over will support me. I have faith in the food supply. I have faith that people will not attack me when I leave my home. I don't have faith in God, I am certain He exists, now, what exactly He is and why, well, that's what we all have to figure out.

Can I point out cosmological, biological, or chemical studies which demonstrate God? Every single one demonstrates God in some way.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I did not say the universe has not shown evidence of God. I actually used the universe as my proof of God a number of times.

Nothing can prove God to someone who has free will and refuses to accept anything as evidence.
Have you given falsifiable claims? Can you describe a test which can demonstrate or falsify God?

I have faith? I have faith that bridges I drive over will support me. I have faith in the food supply. I have faith that people will not attack me when I leave my home. I don't have faith in God, I am certain He exists, now, what exactly He is and why, well, that's what we all have to figure out.
So, you know a thing, which you call God, exists. However, you are uncertain what that thing even is.

So, you are ultimately saying nothing at all.

Can I point out cosmological, biological, or chemical studies which demonstrate God? Every single one demonstrates God in some way.
Would you like to reference any specific study and how it demonstrates God? Preferably a scientific one.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Have you given falsifiable claims? Can you describe a test which can demonstrate or falsify God?

So, you know a thing, which you call God, exists. However, you are uncertain what that thing even is.

So, you are ultimately saying nothing at all.

Would you like to reference any specific study and how it demonstrates God? Preferably a scientific one.

What universal law requires something to have a falsifiable claim before it can exist?

I am uncertain what God is? Just as you are uncertain whether the next bridge you will drive over will support your weight, and as you are uncertain whether the next food you eat is safe, and whether or not you will be attacked the next time you leave your home. No one has assurance of anything at all. The sun may not rise tomorrow.

Ultimately I am saying nothing at all? Nothing to you, but who are you? Are you someone important that I, or even God, should make aware of everything going on behind the scenes of reality? What would you do with the information, that God exists?

Why don't you choose the scientific experiment? I can't think of a single scientific experiment that ever disproved God.

LegionOnomaMoi

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How about, simply, that it is possible?

Because possibility is far less relevant here than plausibility or even probability.

Or how about the truth for once, you... don't... know.
Hence "agnostic". If I knew, I wouldn't be. But that doesn't make a title like "Advanced God Theory" any less pretentious or your "theory" any more "possible" than that of the cosmology found in the Silmarillion. I have no problem entertaining the possibility that your beliefs are correct, but I very much object to the manner of presentation. But hey, that's your perogative.