• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Advanced God Theory

idav

Being
Premium Member
God was alone. There was nothing but He and the vast and infinite void. God could do anything but before He created it He would already know everything about it. Why even bother? God knew every movie possible, every song, every story, in infinite detail. He could not get away from Himself.

Why would this all knowing entity create a boring lonely universe to begin with? He made himself lonely on purpose so he could esplodey himself?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Irrelevant to the comment I made, unless I am misunderstanding your attempt to be condescending.

You didn't, but you appear to have this idea that what you are claiming is ground breaking and profound. Just making sure we are on the same page...

According to your theory he took all of his good traits and put them into a place you call Heaven. All of the bad traits were given to me, how is this not an evil act?

We are just as selfish and warlike as we were thousands of years ago. Have things gotten better in some areas? Sure. Have things gotten worse in others? You bet.

Yes, a "bad" segment. Why would he give me that instead of a balanced one or a part of his goodness? But instead I get a string of "bad personality aspects"?

Food, clothes, roads, bridges, electricity were all things harvested, inspired, or created by man or science. And I think it IS enough but the problem is YOUR idea of who God is falls short. This isn't about ME, however, I see holes in your ideas/logic and I do not appear to be alone.

The ideas presented might be ground breaking for some, not so much for others.

Not all of the bad traits ended up in you, just more than the good. And it's not just you, it's countless other primitive beings across the universe. How is this not an evil act? If you selfishly expect to be given everything and have everything done for you then I'm sure you will see the universe as an evil and uncaring place. And all the while others provide your food for you and clothes, and homes, and roads, bridges, electrical grid, and entertainment.

Humans are just as warlike as we were thousands of years ago? Some are, but what things have gotten worse?

Why would God indwell you with a personality that is more on the selfish side?
Because it serves as a survival skill in primitive life forms. Advanced life forms do not worry about biological life, they know it is just a beginning.

All inventions/ideas come from man and science? Not a one. Humans are incapable of original thought because that would be actual creation, something only God can do. Everything that you know was given to you from God as an idea. 99% of everything people think of is recycled ideas and words. Once in a while an original thought comes to someone and humanity gets a new device or a faster way of doing something.

My idea of God falls short? Right, you didn't get the life you wanted so you're upset about it and will always be upset about it and nothing is going to change that.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
My idea of God falls short? Right, you didn't get the life you wanted so you're upset about it and will always be upset about it and nothing is going to change that.
Does logic always come down to unhappy life with you?

I bet 1 + 1 doesn't equal 3 because you didn't get that second scoop of ice cream, right?

BBTimeless

Not all of the bad traits ended up in you, just more than the good. And it's not just you, it's countless other primitive beings across the universe. How is this not an evil act? If you selfishly expect to be given everything and have everything done for you then I'm sure you will see the universe as an evil and uncaring place. And all the while others provide your food for you and clothes, and homes, and roads, bridges, electrical grid, and entertainment.
You are missing the point, let me put it another way. Why did God, according to you, give us his bad traits while reserving the good for "Heaven"?

Humans are just as warlike as we were thousands of years ago? Some are, but what things have gotten worse?
The fact we have the capability to destroy the planet X times over is a little scary. Worldwide poverty is certainly still a problem. The wealth gap between the rich and the poor has gotten wider. We still have epidemics. World hunger is an issue, even though we have the resources to fix it. To try to prove a blanket statement like "Things aren't getting worse" is lunacy. Getting worse/better how? In what regard? How do you measure these things? Are there values assigned? There are also other trends and social standards that apply now and not then, and vice versa.

Why would God indwell you with a personality that is more on the selfish side?
Because it serves as a survival skill in primitive life forms. Advanced life forms do not worry about biological life, they know it is just a beginning.
Wait, what?

All inventions/ideas come from man and science? Not a one. Humans are incapable of original thought because that would be actual creation, something only God can do. Everything that you know was given to you from God as an idea. 99% of everything people think of is recycled ideas and words. Once in a while an original thought comes to someone and humanity gets a new device or a faster way of doing something.
I disagree. By your logic all of our innovations, vaccinations/medical breakthroughs, technological advances, and studies should all be discredited to the individual and given to God. And you call me selfish? Esshhhh

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME. Are you incapable of keeping this away from personal attacks and sticking to the discussion?

Reactions: s2a

Super Universe

Defender of God
Does logic always come down to unhappy life with you?

I bet 1 + 1 doesn't equal 3 because you didn't get that second scoop of ice cream, right?

Scott Peterson was convicted of murdering his pregnant wife. His parents say that he did not commit the crime.

Why don't his parents accept that he did it?

People believe what they want to believe, not what the evidence suggests.

Super Universe

Defender of God
You are missing the point, let me put it another way. Why did God, according to you, give us his bad traits while reserving the good for "Heaven"?

The fact we have the capability to destroy the planet X times over is a little scary. Worldwide poverty is certainly still a problem. The wealth gap between the rich and the poor has gotten wider. We still have epidemics. World hunger is an issue, even though we have the resources to fix it. To try to prove a blanket statement like "Things aren't getting worse" is lunacy. Getting worse/better how? In what regard? How do you measure these things? Are there values assigned? There are also other trends and social standards that apply now and not then, and vice versa.

Wait, what?

I disagree. By your logic all of our innovations, vaccinations/medical breakthroughs, technological advances, and studies should all be discredited to the individual and given to God. And you call me selfish? Esshhhh

THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME. Are you incapable of keeping this away from personal attacks and sticking to the discussion?

Because to get to heaven you have to learn everything about God and in so doing you become very powerful. Heaven is like accessing the brain of the universe, a selfish being could do great harm.

The power to destroy ourselves is scary if you think that this is all there is.

Worldwide poverty is still a problem? Yes, but it's nothing like it used to be. Poverty is caused by the population exceeding it's economy. Poor people who do not use birth control yet cannot provide for their children when the times get tough.

The wealth gap between the rich and the poor has gotten wider? No. For most of human civilized history the middle class struggled to survive, depending on the success of each years crops to sustain them for that year. Now the middle class is almost rich and the rich are really the super rich.

We still have epidemics? Nothing close to what we used to have. Look up the Black Plague, and small pox, and polio, whooping cough, dysentery, cholera. The outbreaks we have now are minor compared to the past.

Does a monk worry that some day he will die? No. Primitive beings have a great deal of selfishness. It's a survival skill, more for me and my family, so what about you and yours. As beings evolve their understanding of their connection to the universe also evolves. Advanced beings don't wonder about God, they become sure of His existence. They know that biologic life is just a beginning and that there is much more after this. The earth is like kindergarden, next comes second grade, and heaven is like earning your PHD in Advanced God Theory.

You disagree that all original thought comes from God? Okay, try it, think of something original.

I didn't personally attack you, no one got the life they wanted. I just seem to be the only one who can admit it.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Why would god only create himself knowing the loneliness would get to him? You know cause god would also need to be created.

What could God create that would not be from Him? How far must you separate something in order for it to be classified as different from you?

Nothing exists that is not a part of God, well, other than the void which is just a name that describes a vast nothingness.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
What could God create that would not be from Him? How far must you separate something in order for it to be classified as different from you?

Nothing exists that is not a part of God, well, other than the void which is just a name that describes a vast nothingness.
Nothing can't be vast. "Nothing" doesn't have a size.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
Some believe the emptiness is the expansion area for the universe. Whether this emptiness now has the framework to be called "space" or will be space in the future, or if it is truly nothing at all, is unknown.
So obviously, there's something more fundamental than God.