• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ads on RF

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I buy that there are ads for Christian single women looking to meet someone.
I'm less convinced it's you.

No offense. If it's any consolation I put myself in the same bucket.
Obviously, they don't know that they're being marketed
to an atheist groundskeeping gearhead curmudgeon.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I do not get ads on RF. Perhaps Amazon an Google have given up on me.
But anyway, I think I'm going to invent a name for this sweet girl and greet her when I see her here. I don't think she's a Dolores - not busty enough. She could be an Ana, or a Lucia. Yes, I like Lucia.
Don't worry, she will get filled up after marriage.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Once again I remember that a generous fellow
poster bought me premium membership. And I
cannot remember who did this great deed !!!!
I no longer see ads for Christian single women
who want to meet me. (Yeah, that's a thing.)

You too huh? Strange times indeed.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Well, I logged on this morning hoping to see Lucia, only to get instead an ad for a "ground screw":confused:???.

I think I need @JustGeorge's help to explain what this is.....................:cool:

But what's for sure is the algorithm that chooses ads to show me has no bloody idea at all what I might be interested in. That's good, actually. It means Google, Jeff Bezos, Mark Lizard et al don't have a good handle on me.:thumbsup:

P.S. Oh, now I've got Lucia: Buenos dias Lucia!

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
For some reason I keep getting an ad showing this sweet girl modelling a dress:

Floral Spot Print Puff Sleeve Dress in Black - Roman Originals UK

I have no idea why
I do have a pretty good idea why this sweet-girl is all over me now

Screenshot_20220728-105214.jpg

Screenshot_20220728-105214.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-105005.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-104938.jpg
Screenshot_20220728-104924.jpg

exchemist

Veteran Member

Could it be that you have clicked on the link I provided, and now the dumb algorithm thinks that you too want to buy a dress? If so, I should recommend the same to @Shadow Wolf that she should do the same, and thereby maybe start getting Lucia in place of the horrible, macho, aggressive ads she was complaining about.

Tell you what, though, I'd better not click on that ground screw ad, or I'll keep getting them and won't ever see dear Lucia again.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Could it be that, having clicked on the link I provided
Correct assumption

the dumb algorithm thinks that you too want to buy a dress?
Pretty dumb indeed
Pretty big ads too

I should click on tiny ads, maybe I get tiny ads, because these cover 30+% of my screen sometimes

If so, I should recommend the same to @Shadow Wolf that she should do the same, and thereby maybe start getting Lucia in place of the horrible, macho, aggressive ads she was complaining about.
No chance I assume

She talked like a pro a week ago about VPN and other security stuff, so I think "she" kills the ads before they come to her screen

But if she didn't solve it yet, then yes, you better tell her

And I hear some people on RF talk about @SalixIncendium in relation to dress code also, maybe send him this clickable link too

exchemist

Veteran Member
You reminded me of an episode of Seinfeld in which Jerry finds himself dating somebody whose name he has forgotten, and after getting caught going through her purse looking for ID, he tries to devise plan to get her to get her to tell him her name. So he tells her the story of how kids used to make fun of his name in school, and asks her if she ever had such a problem. She answers, "Are you kidding? They were merciless! What do you expect when your name rhymes with a part of the female anatomy?" So, for the rest of the episode he's trying to guess - Mulva? Gipple? Loleola?

Here he is trying to get her to show him an autograph from Olympia Dukakis hoping to see who it was addressed to, but foiled again. She finally realizes that he doesn't know her name and storms out. Then it dawns on him. Please forgive me if you find this silly, but it's pretty funny to me:

I may be being thick, but what female body part rhymes with Dolores?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I logged on this morning hoping to see Lucia, only to get instead an ad for a "ground screw":confused:???.

I think I need @JustGeorge's help to explain what this is.....................:cool:

But what's for sure is the algorithm that chooses ads to show me has no bloody idea at all what I might be interested in. That's good, actually. It means Google, Jeff Bezos, Mark Lizard et al don't have a good handle on me.:thumbsup:

P.S. Oh, now I've got Lucia: Buenos dias Lucia!

I'm just rolling out of bed, so the brain isn't fully functional yet, but...

Perhaps the algorithm has a dirty sense of humor this morning, and it picked up some... tension... involving your relationship with Lucia...

I can't think of any other kind of 'ground screw'...

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm just rolling out of bed, so the brain isn't fully functional yet, but...

Perhaps the algorithm has a dirty sense of humor this morning, and it picked up some... tension... involving your relationship with Lucia...

I can't think of any other kind of 'ground screw'...

Oh that's most unfair of the algorithm it where Lucia is concerned. I just enjoy her delicate, girlish beauty.

But a ground screw? I must admit I did fleetingly wonder if that was something to do with al fresco sex. Anyway, as I said in another post, I'm not risking clicking on that ad or I'll get inundated with pics of industrial machinery, when I'd far rather have Lucia to look at. :D

But I quite like your idea that the algorithm has a sense of humour.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh that's most unfair of it where Lucia is concerned. I just enjoy her delicate, girlish beauty.

But a ground screw? I must admit I did fleetingly wonder if that was something to do with al fresco sex. Anyway, as I said in another post, I'm not risking clicking on that ad or I'll get inundated with pics of industrial machinery, when I'd far rather have Lucia to look at. :D

What's wrong with the ground? Its as good of a place as any... But this is coming from a person without a bed...

Maybe you oughta buy clothing from that site and donate it to charity. As someone who buys women's clothes, once you buy from the site, the pictures in the ads from that site become more frequent. Sometimes they even text deals to your phone! I don't have a smartphone, so can't see any pictures when this happens, but if that happened with your phone, and it featured pictures, it would almost seem like she was sending you a message...

exchemist

Veteran Member
What's wrong with the ground? Its as good of a place as any... But this is coming from a person without a bed...

Maybe you oughta buy clothing from that site and donate it to charity. As someone who buys women's clothes, once you buy from the site, the pictures in the ads from that site become more frequent. Sometimes they even text deals to your phone! I don't have a smartphone, so can't see any pictures when this happens, but if that happened with your phone, and it featured pictures, it would almost seem like she was sending you a message...
Would you wear something from that site? Perhaps I could buy you a present? But for that I'd need to know your dress size, which could get tricky across the Atlantic, so maybe not.....

Anyway, tell me, why don't you have a bed? That's a pretty basic possession for most people.

And I've nothing against al fresco sex. One ex was particularly keen on it. She also liked skinny-dipping. And being fed strawberries in bed - or on the ground (I tried cherries but forgot you have to spit out the stones, which is not very romantic.).

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I may be being thick, but what female body part rhymes with Dolores?

Sorry. The word I'm thinking of is pronounced two ways in the States, but perhaps only in the proper way in London.

Clitoris - in the States, this word is pronounced with either the first or second syllable accented. I've only heard it pronounced with the first syllable accented in medical contexts, but growing up, it rhymed with Dolores, which is no doubt why the joke was included, and why it was funny to an American audience.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Sorry. The word I'm thinking of is pronounced two ways in the States, but perhaps only in the proper way in London.

Clitoris - in the States, this word is pronounced with either the first or second syllable accented. I've only heard it pronounced with the first syllable accented in medical contexts, but growing up, it rhymed with Deloris, which is no doubt why the joke was included, and why it was funny to an American audience.
I see. That largely explains why I didn't get it. But in any case it's Dolores, i.e. do-lor-ez, not Doloris dolor-iss.

Oh well. Anyway I don't think Dolores in the clip is a proper Dolores. She ought to have dark hair, flashing eyes, a sultry expression and an ample bust.