• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ads and Upgrades

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is recurring. You can manage all your subscriptions via your Paypal account.
Thanks!

Any chance of introducing some chaos in the mix? One-time one-month gifts for a random forum member, for instance? Or perhaps to a random forum member from a given list? Real life status is fairly random and nepotistic and I guess I would feel more confortable knowing that RF has support to that situation as well.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Um...
I do not have a Paypal account....

Nor a Stripe one, I assume?

It is easy enough for someone who does to pay for you as a gift, but you would of course have to ask or convince them to.

The obvious way would be by handing four dollars and giving him or her your forum name and asking to please make a payment on your stead.

You may want to warn them not to keep the repeated debit feature enable, though.

Brent W

Resident Tech Guy
Thanks!

Any chance of introducing some chaos in the mix? One-time one-month gifts for a random forum member, for instance? Or perhaps to a random forum member from a given list? Real life status is fairly random and nepotistic and I guess I would feel more confortable knowing that RF has support to that situation as well.

We can see about a one time gift option.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
OASN:
Will there be, in the future, options for one payment for life time or yearly premium memberships?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks!

I think that's already been factored in to some degree. There was a spamfest thread, with first prize as a gift. Neato!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Also I have donated myself.

<---notice my cool banner too!

Wouldn't it have been (OMG, that's some complicated English grammar, ha) faster and cheaper to pay some of the expenses to run RF directly instead of donating to yourself first?

I'm only having fun btw, don't take my question above seriously :p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It's fine by me. My business is run solely online so I understand the costs.

RF is definitely worth $4 a month. There, how's that for a free endorsement? :D Oh, and please bring back the Eros room.
I agree that RF is worth a small fee per month, but I would probably prefer to support RF by seeing the ads, just as I do on telly, radio, blah blah.... :) I might even see a product or service that I actually want or need.....

Now....... this Eros room..... what do you lot do in the Eros room? :D

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram

I'd prefer a simple donate option. I would do that. I would not pay to remove ads, because... well... I'm staunchly opposed to the existence of such garbage in the first place. Paying for removal sends a message that reinforces that sort of model. I support donation-run, ad-free web pages. Those are the only ones I have ever donated to, and I won't stop doing that now.

music to my ears , every word of it , ......

yes , .. I would have where possible supported an Ad Free site for all but , but I some how dont think I will be paying to remove ads simply for my own benifit ,

....and frankly what on earth is so cool about a banner saying premium member , what realy interests me is what a person has to say about his or her religion ,.....?

call me old fashioned but I dont go for all this public display of status stuff , all I care about is the quality and sincerity of a persons posts .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Maybe, but definitely not until the Frubals are back and we get at least some custom skins to make the screen dark again.