• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ads and Upgrades

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Now....... this Eros room..... what do you lot do in the Eros room? :D
It's a place to talk about sex where the public can't see your posts. I've asked about it a couple of times but haven't heard yet if it's following us here to the new RF. A tiny part of me hopes not as I tended to be a blabber mouth. Hard to believe, I know.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
It's a place to talk about sex where the public can't see your posts. I've asked about it a couple of times but haven't heard yet if it's following us here to the new RF. A tiny part of me hopes not as I tended to be a blabber mouth. Hard to believe, I know.
Ahhhh..... I blabbed a bit on some open forums, even. When you're discussing such aspects of life with other 'open' people it's easy to forget that any lurkers from outside can read such posts with a totally different mindset.
Oh shucks....... evil be who evil thinks..... :D

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
It's fine by me. My business is run solely online so I understand the costs.
A lot of the long time and original RF members may remember we had a similar donation/subscription function in place on the original forum all those years ago. You got a shiny green name along with it back then too. :D

Reactions: Rex

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
A lot of the long time and original RF members may remember we had a similar donation/subscription function in place on the original forum all those years ago. You got a shiny green name along with it back then too. :D
and now too.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I remember. I'm going to start supporting the site again, but I am holding out until the Frubal's are back.

Rex

Founder

I thought I was the only one who remembered this!

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Let's start this discussion as there are usually a lot of opinions. I find it better to vet them out now. I don't think it is too much to ask in return for a nice place to hangout.

Firstly the question is Why Ads?

That's simple. It costs money to run, update, purchase, blah, blah. And ads provide us revenue to do these things.

What have we done?

We have enable a few ads for guest users thus far. Log out to see. Most likely in the future we will do something similar for members.

Can I get rid of them?
Yes we will have an "Upgrade" option to rid them.
Having signed up, though, I'm not ad free. There are plenty of non obtrusive ads yet on the webpages.