• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ads and Upgrades

Rex

Founder
Let's start this discussion as there are usually a lot of opinions. I find it better to vet them out now. I don't think it is too much to ask in return for a nice place to hangout.

Firstly the question is Why Ads?

That's simple. It costs money to run, update, purchase, blah, blah. And ads provide us revenue to do these things.

What have we done?

We have enable a few ads for guest users thus far. Log out to see. Most likely in the future we will do something similar for members.

Can I get rid of them?
Yes we will have an "Upgrade" option to rid them.

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Just to mentions this, so far, I never seen paid public forum, if you do that, you will loose a lot of members

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
I didn't see how these ads look like but simply people will be given a choice of
Get annoyed by ads or pay

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Just to mentions this, so far, I never seen paid public forum, if you do that, you will loose a lot of members
There are many in my experience that are the way RF is being set up - see ads or pay to not see them.

When I first joined RF I wondered why it seemed to be free and ad free so this is no surprise to me.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
It's fine by me. My business is run solely online so I understand the costs.

RF is definitely worth $4 a month. There, how's that for a free endorsement? :D Oh, and please bring back the Eros room.

Skwim

Veteran Member
When RF get's to the point of providing the functionality and ease of use of the old site I will most likely chip in. As it stands, its drawbacks have put me on hold, so to speak.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'd prefer a simple donate option. I would do that. I would not pay to remove ads, because... well... I'm staunchly opposed to the existence of such garbage in the first place. Paying for removal sends a message that reinforces that sort of model. I support donation-run, ad-free web pages. Those are the only ones I have ever donated to, and I won't stop doing that now.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I never seen one, and I am a member on many forums! ha!

Ever been to YUKU? There are many functions that are not accessible unless you're a paid subscriber.

Rex

Founder

I doubt it. This is solely my decision. There are costs and the site needs to recoup them.