• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Abrahamics ONLY] Who is a Jew?

Jedster

I'm not a big fan of Chabad, so perhaps I'm not the best person to ask.

Well, I fell out with them in 1970. Nuf said.
[/QUOTE]
I have no problem with that, and I don't intend to be offensive. I'm only pointing out that what you gleamed from a story about a certain individual is not in tandem with what that individual taught. I have nothing else that I feel I should add to that. I'm not saying you shouldn't learn what you want from what you want. Life is free to do what you want. I'm only trying to make that one point and nothing more..[/QUOTE]

I fully understand that you are coming from your understanding just as I am from mine.

[/QUOTE]But its nice to attribute your learning to those that taught it. Give credit where credit is due and all.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's why I mentioned the BST (according to my understanding)

Apologies for the bad formatting..

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
How do you know that Arabs are the sons of Ishmael and not the sons of Keturah?

FamilytreeofProphets.png

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Yes. Nothing. Varied.
Really , Torah did not say any thing about If a Jew convert to other religion ,so he become Apostate ?!

so that's mean "the apostate" is allowed in Judiasm ?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Really , Torah did not say any thing about If a Jew convert to other religion ,so he become Apostate ?!

so that's mean "the apostate" is allowed in Judiasm ?
When you say, Torah, I assume you are talking about the Bible. The Bible doesn't speak about what happens when someone converts to another religion.

Or you could say, the Torah doesn't recognize conversion to other religions.

atpollard

When you say, Torah, I assume you are talking about the Bible. The Bible doesn't speak about what happens when someone converts to another religion.

Respectfully, since I am about as Jewish as a Bacon Cheeseburger:
Doesn't it sort of speak against Israel worshiping those Asherah poles from other gods (at least once you get to the Judges and Prophets).
The whole Moses and "blessings and curses" might hint at it, too.

I yield to your understanding.
This is far out of my wheelhouse (and I didn't pay close enough attention to the details when I read it long ago).

Tumah

Veteran Member
Respectfully, since I am about as Jewish as a Bacon Cheeseburger:
Doesn't it sort of speak against Israel worshiping those Asherah poles from other gods (at least once you get to the Judges and Prophets).
The whole Moses and "blessings and curses" might hint at it, too.

I yield to your understanding.
This is far out of my wheelhouse (and I didn't pay close enough attention to the details when I read it long ago).
I guess so. n my mind I see a difference between idol worship and idol belief. Although maybe that's wrong.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!

as I know the Jews holy books are Torah and Talmud .

Torah , speak when some converts to another religion

If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which [is] as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; [Namely], of the gods of the people which [are] round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the [one] end of the earth even unto the [other] end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

— Deuteronomy 13:6–10[99]

but they also said : Judaism does not follow the Torah's prescription on this point: there is no punishment today for leaving Judaism.