• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Abrahamics ONLY] Who is a Jew?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
It looks like Billiardball has abandoned his tact of claiming woodcutters are messiahs, to just giving us a straight up Christian sermon.

I don't think Avraham cut the wood, I do know Y'shua was a light unto the Gentiles, as was foretold:

Now I say that Y'shua ha Mashiach has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers, and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy, as it is written:

“For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles, And sing to Your name.”

10 And again he says:

“Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people!”

11 And again:

“Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles!
Laud Him, all you peoples!”

12 And again, Isaiah says:

“There shall be a root of Jesse;
And He who shall rise to reign over the Gentiles,
In Him the Gentiles shall hope.”

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Actually you have been in the wrong thread the entire time.

If you even know what the OP is about.

What is a Jew?

A Jew is someone born to the household/people of Jacob/Israel. And then, the remnant of the remnant is the "Israel of God", those who trust Y'shua.

Who gets to decide who is a Jew?

Y'shua. One of his rabbi leaders wrote, "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God." This statement, which is obviously controversial to all Jewish people, Messianic or no, is a reflection of the statement in Jeremiah that God would make a new covenant with His Jewish people on their hearts, and not so much their foreskins.

By what standard is this decided?

By the standards of Y'shua and His Word, Y'shua being the true representation of God, the mind of God, the wisdom of God:

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

“For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has become His counselor?”

“Or who has first given to Him and it shall be repaid to him?”

For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Last edited: