• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About fossils -- would you say this is true?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, it came from my own mind. I am an independent thinker. Reputable scientists are open to research and not close minded to perceptions that undermine their own research. But I will tell you that the fossils found are generally more robust and larger then the skeletons of today's creatures. And this would imply STRONGER and longer lives than anything we witness today. And for me that reveals that nature is devolving, more sickly, and physically inferior to what it once was. You are the one with tunnel vision because you've missed so much listening to the dissertations of somewhat clueless agnostics.
Actually they didn't live longer nor were stronger because of physiology, it was due to atmospheric pressures of the earth at the time along with high concentrations of CO2.

Actually they didn't live longer nor were stronger because of physiology, it was due to atmospheric pressures of the earth at the time along with high concentrations of CO2.
There is a question you may wish to ponder. How can a bone be dated honestly. Please read the following: How Do Scientists Determine the Age of Dinosaur Bones?.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is a question you may wish to ponder. How can a bone be dated honestly. Please read the following: How Do Scientists Determine the Age of Dinosaur Bones?.
Okay. It appears that you do not understand that article.

Before we had radiometric dating we only had relative dating. Can you understand that in undisturbed strata that the oldest material is on the bottom and the youngest on top? You cannot sneak a present day dinosaur under tons of sediment. If one died today it would be on top of the other sediments. Do you understand this much? I will continue once you answer.

I know a lot of theists who believe that God is intelligent enough to have designed evolution.
Evolution depends on survival of the fittest. How does that work where there was no death?
This whole "evolution isn't the same as adaptation" is an old creationist canard, long ago debunked. Did you just scan through Answers in Genesis to crib their arguments before you got here? Do you imagine we haven't seen these arguments made here before?
Do you imagine I haven't heard your arguments before?
You gave me an answer to a question I didn't ask and in doing so, you sidestepped the point.
Try answering the question being asked of you next time.
Just ask.
And you imagine that is liberals and atheists? Again, they're not the same thing. There are plenty of conservative atheists out there as well.
One cannot be a true conservative without trusting in GOD. A liberal is an individual who trusts in his own abilities or the abilities of the government. The person who claims to be a conservative but isn't really, believes he has better solutions.
Personally, as a humanist, I care for all human beings on the planet.
Except maybe the unborn?
Nonsense. We're still waiting for these "end times" we've been hearing about forever. Still nothing.
Look around you. Who would imagine 40 years ago that a man could dress like a woman and be allowed to be a woman in sports! Who would imagine 50 years ago that gay marriage would be acceptable and protected by the government and even performed in any church? Who would imagine 100 years ago that ISRAEL would again be a very viable nation? Who would imagine that Jerusalem would again be the capital is Israel 20 years ago. Things that were once totally inexcusable by even the most liberal of individuals is now promoted, expected, respected, and protected. And once respectable people like psychiatrists, physicians, teachers, ministers, etc.., who would have had lists of reasons that queer behavior is dangerous are now labeled "HATEFUL" simply for their opinion today. Who would imagine the prophetic message of Isaiah would arise seemingly in one generation 30 years ago? Isaiah 5:20-21
20 Wo [to] those saying to evil `good,' And to good `evil,' Putting darkness for light, and light for darkness, Putting bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. 21 Wo [to] the wise in their own eyes, And -- before their own faces -- intelligent!

I believe that the return of CHRIST is at the door. Can things get worse? --- very likely, but I pray not!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
"The development of radiometric dating techniques in the early 20th century allowed scientists to quantitatively measure the absolute ages of rocks and the fossils they host." Note the last part -- scientists measure the absolute ages of rocks AND the fossils THEY HOST. What do you get from this? Are the dates of the fossils imputed from the sediment or rocks around them, or can fossils themselves minus the sediment be dated?
We have been over this.

Do you know what relative dating is? Older material in undisturbed sediment is going to be lower in the geologic column. Do you have any problems with that?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Evolution depends on survival of the fittest. How does that work where there was no death?
Death has been with us shortly after the first cells developed. That is incredibly early in evolution. In fact that would have occurred when people would be arguing whether a cell was "alive" or not.

Just ask.

One cannot be a true conservative without trusting in GOD. A liberal is an individual who trusts in his own abilities or the abilities of the government. The person who claims to be a conservative but isn't really, believes he has better solutions.

No, sorry, believing in a fictious entity does not appear to have anything to do at all with trusting in a magical sky daddy. Let's add the "liberal" and "conservative" to the concepts that you do not understand.
Except maybe the unborn?

They are not persons yet. Even the Bible supports that.
Look around you. Who would imagine 40 years ago that a man could dress like a woman and be allowed to be a woman in sports! Who would imagine 50 years ago that gay marriage would be acceptable and protected by the government and even performed in any church? Who would imagine 100 years ago that ISRAEL would again be a very viable nation? Who would imagine that Jerusalem would again be the capital is Israel 20 years ago. Things that were once totally inexcusable by even the most liberal of individuals is now promoted, expected, respected, and protected. And once respectable people like psychiatrists, physicians, teachers, ministers, etc.., who would have had lists of reasons that queer behavior is dangerous are now labeled "HATEFUL" simply for their opinion today. Who would imagine the prophetic message of Isaiah would arise seemingly in one generation 30 years ago? Isaiah 5:20-21
20 Wo [to] those saying to evil `good,' And to good `evil,' Putting darkness for light, and light for darkness, Putting bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter. 21 Wo [to] the wise in their own eyes, And -- before their own faces -- intelligent!

Okay, and now we have to add the concept of transgenderism to the list. And forms of gay marriage are very very old.

And please, do not present joke verses or otherwise others can reply with their own. Let's try to use reason.
I believe that the return of CHRIST is at the door. Can things get worse? --- very likely, but I pray not!

Guess what? People have believed that for almost 2,000 years. For as long as Christianity has existed "The End Is Near" has been the constant message. One of the worst failed prophecies of the Bible was that the "second coming" would occur while some of the apostles were still alive. Those verses have ben heavily reinterpreted as a result.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

The term "fittest" applies to organisms best adjusted to the their environment being the most successful in surviving and reproducing.

That's not an answer to my question. It's just you repeating what I just said to you.
Just ask.
I already did. You answered a question I didn't ask.
Empty claims.
Except maybe the unborn?
I care about all human beings, as I said.
Look around you. Who would imagine 40 years ago that a man could dress like a woman and be allowed to be a woman in sports!
You think that's a big sign of the end times? Like, that's one of the biggest issues of our time? People wearing clothing that doesn't match their gender? LOL

Who would imagine 50 years ago that gay marriage would be acceptable and protected by the government and even performed in any church?
People who aren't completely ignorant?
People who aren't mired in ancient religious beliefs?

Who would imagine 100 years ago that ISRAEL would again be a very viable nation? Who would imagine that Jerusalem would again be the capital is Israel 20 years ago.
Probably the human beings that worked to make these things happen.
Things that were once totally inexcusable by even the most liberal of individuals is now promoted, expected, respected, and protected. And once respectable people like psychiatrists, physicians, teachers, ministers, etc.., who would have had lists of reasons that queer behavior is dangerous are now labeled "HATEFUL" simply for their opinion today. Who would imagine the prophetic message of Isaiah would arise seemingly in one generation 30 years ago? Isaiah 5:20-21

People who hate gay people just because they're gay and treat people poorly for it - they don't deserve any respect, since they don't know how to give it. Being gay isn't dangerous and there's no such thing as "queer behaviour." Your ancient religious beliefs are immoral, if that's the way you're treating human beings.

If your god hates them so much, he shouldn't have made them. How dare you sit here and claim that other people are hateful for accepting gay people as human beings, when you're the one being hateful and condemning human beings just for existing. Ugh.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

Ahhh the good old days. When the slaves could be flogged before being sent to work the fields, 10 year olds working in coal mines, average age of 40, hanging people for stealing a loaf of bread, priests could molest children with impunity....... who would imagine.

gnostic

The Lost One

evolution was never about death, but about to abilities to reproduce and to pass on the traits to populations of descendants, the ability to continue on reproducing.

Thats what fitness is regard to.

where does this idiotic “no death” come in the picture of survival of the fittest?

where does the theory of evolution say there will be no death?

you are making up straw man…that doesn’t exist. But then again, I shouldn’t be surprised of intellectual dishonesty coming from ignorant creationist.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The West Coast is presently experiencing a MAJOR Hurricane after well over 25 years with a preponderance of rain after a year of rain and years of devastating droughts. At the very same time they have an earthquake with major aftershocks. Century old landmark Stores in LA and San Francisco are beginning to close after marauding gangs rampage smash'n grab -- stealing everything. To top it off the northwest is burning and creating the most unhealthy air conditions in literally ages. Canada's wildfires show no sign of ending anytime soon with the City of Yellowknife is being evacuated. Over 100 citizens of Maui burned to a crisp. The war between Russia and the Ukraine proceeds, and the Russians provide North Korea with the capacity to launch nuclear missiles capable of hitting the United States. Giant Food Store loses over $500,000 after it takes extraordinary precautions to stop theft in the only supermarket in Washington DC. The store likely will close. All of this is happening all at once and is growing exponentially especially in LIBERAL areas that seem oblivious to GOD or HIS influence--- yet seen to be entirely without control over anything. However, the gays can marry, drag queens can read to kindergarten children, women may get all the abortions that they wish, the transgender may use any bathroom or participate in any gender sport or be called "IT," as they so wish. All is so right with the world....

I firmly believe Creation's GOD is providing warning after warning, but the liberal mind just is oblivious to anything and everything not connected with personal fun and enjoyment regardless of the consequences. Their mantra remains, "There's not proof of GOD. Duh!!!" What will be will be ---- it's spelled out in the Bible for those who care to read it.
This is what many would consider a RANT, and simply projecting your (especially religious) beliefs onto events. I was born in the same year that WWII ended and I know how so many suffered during these years. Do I think that God was absent then or causing such? No, just the same old land-grabbing, aspirations of power, and individuals fooling their population into supporting them. Just as so many with religious beliefs have taken advantage of such too. This is human nature unfortunately.

If you were not so fixated with your religious beliefs, and more open to change (especially from new knowledge), then you might recognise that life has gotten better for many who had previously been repressed or oppressed. You don't happen to understand or like the freedoms and rights given to some these days - and in the more progressive countries - but perhaps you have forgotten how slaves were tolerated for most of the time religions have existed, how females were repressed until a few centuries ago (still are in many Muslim countries), and yet how we still have children indoctrinated with religious beliefs because they haven't yet been given the rights that many have now - not to have beliefs forced upon them.

You are the one with old-fashioned and dangerous beliefs in my view. But fortunately declining in those more rational.

Audie

Veteran Member
This is what many would consider a RANT, and simply projecting your (especially religious) beliefs onto events. I was born in the same year that WWII ended and I know how so many suffered during these years. Do I think that God was absent then or causing such? No, just the same old land-grabbing, aspirations of power, and individuals fooling their population into supporting them. Just as so many with religious beliefs have taken advantage of such too. This is human nature unfortunately.

If you were not so fixated with your religious beliefs, and more open to change (especially from new knowledge), then you might recognise that life has gotten better for many who had previously been repressed or oppressed. You don't happen to understand or like the freedoms and rights given to some these days - and in the more progressive countries - but perhaps you have forgotten how slaves were tolerated for most of the time religions have existed, how females were repressed until a few centuries ago (still are in many Muslim countries), and yet how we still have children indoctrinated with religious beliefs because they haven't yet been given the rights that many have now - not to have beliefs forced upon them.

You are the one with old-fashioned and dangerous beliefs in my view. But fortunately declining in those more rational.
Winner frubal

Audie

Veteran Member
evolution was never about death, but about to abilities to reproduce and to pass on the traits to populations of descendants, the ability to continue on reproducing.

Thats what fitness is regard to.

where does this idiotic “no death” come in the picture of survival of the fittest?

where does the theory of evolution say there will be no death?

you are making up straw man…that doesn’t exist. But then again, I shouldn’t be surprised of intellectual dishonesty coming from ignorant creationist.
Ever found an honest one ?

gnostic

The Lost One
Ever found an honest one ?

when it come to science…any science, not just in regards to evolution…then, no.

but I also haven’t found any one, when it come to interpreting the bible, I have found no honest creationists.