• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

About fossils -- would you say this is true?

Wow! And obviously, nothing bad at all is happening in more conservative areas, right? You didn't cherry pick, you tried to be fair and representative, right?

Um, quickie question -- in what counties (liberal or conservative) do most tornadoes happen?
You forget a tornado killed the children of Job. It's how Job handled it that demonstrates the difference.
Stats: the states suffering the most from hurricanes are: Florida, Texas, North Carolina, Louisiana, South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi. Which of these would you say are Red states versus Blue states?
None of these states can be considered perfect. And it's the citizens that can be Christian. Where the difference lies is among believers.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
And where did you learn of these creatures? I suggest that you read the Bible for yourself.
Animism is something that's always been with me. No one had to tell me and I didn't have to read that nature, animals, plants, etc. are alive and living beings.

I have no problem reading the Bible. It doesn't mean I'm going to change my views over it. Been there, done that.

Um no. There are many people who believe in God and also accept that evolution is a fact of life.
You're confusing "atheist" with "evolutionist." They're not the same.
ANYONE who regarding himself/herself a believer in GOD MUST believe that GOD created life. Evolution is not the same as adaptation.
Doesn't address what was said.
You asked me a question. I gave you an answer.
And now you're equating "lilberals" with "atheists."
Dude, you're all over the map, and not making any sense.
People who only have regard their own desires are one and the same.
People have been making end times predictions since Jesus walked the earth. I'll take yours with the grain of salt it deserves.
The Bible predictions came true and are presently coming true.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I believe the Bible is GOD's Word. You seem to indicate that you believe what you came up with yourself. .

You make the choice.
I didn't make up Germanic Paganism, it's just that that's what I'm most drawn towards and my worldview and experiences go along with it. It's also a way for me to feel close to at least part of my ethnic heritage and culture, which is important to me.

I've made my choice. I'm not interested in the Jewish god. I'm not Jewish or Middle Eastern, so that has nothing to do with me. Wouldn't join Islam for the same reason. And I'm not going to insult my own ancestors by viewing them as "poor benighted savages worshiping idols", either. The Jewish god has a bizarre hatred of LGBT people which disgusts me, as well as Yahweh's neediness and jealousy. You can have fun with that, though. Not for me.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You know nothing about my past. You don't even know how old I am. I love science shows and frankly the one thing all secular science shows have in common is that the presentation is all about THEM.
I know enough. You cannot claim to love science when you deny a huge chunk of it. And no, if anything this seems to be all about you and your beliefs. The fact that you are an ape, as we all are, does not refute Christianity, it only refutes flawed versions of it. You seem to take the fact that you are an ape as a personal insult when it is no more of an insult than someone observing that the sun is shining.
GOD doesn't exist.
That does not appear to be one of his presuppositions at all. Once again evolution is a fact whether God exists or doesn't exist. Do you see why your claim only shows that you appear to be the one with presuppositions?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
ANYONE who regarding himself/herself a believer in GOD MUST believe that GOD created life. Evolution is not the same as adaptation.

Why? Who are you to tell God how he had to create everything. This sounds incredibly arrogant on your part. I will only say that if God cannot lie, and the Bible tells you that, then Genesis cannot be interpreted literally.

Oh my. You think that atheists only have regard for their desires? Where did you get that from? I need to remind you of the Ninth Commandment.
A lot of them failed too. If a person is honest and has studied the Bible at all they will admit this.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There are many people who disregard the Bible and Jesus Christ. Does that make them correct?

They would not be correct if they just "disregarded the Bible". If they point out that certain claims in the Bible are false, yes they would be correct.
It addressed what you asked of me.

They are birds of a feather. Liberals are liberal because they feel that they know what is better for them and are worldly. Atheists are atheists because they are worldly and wish to do whatever they enjoy.

No, most liberals are liberal because they believe that it leads to a better world for everyone. The same actually also applies to most conservatives. Well not so much since Trump came along. He has poisoned the minds of quite a few.
I don't listen to "people". I listen to Jesus and what HE revealed.
Did he though? How would you know that? How would you confirm that/ This looks like a mere belief.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
There are many people who disregard the Bible and Jesus Christ. Does that make them correct?
Doesn't address the point. You're confusing "atheist" with "evolutionist."
It addressed what you asked of me.

They are birds of a feather. Liberals are liberal because they feel that they know what is better for them and are worldly. Atheists are atheists because they are worldly and wish to do whatever they enjoy.
Except that they're not.

I'm an atheist because I lack belief in god(s). That's it. And that is all that is required to be an atheist.
I don't listen to "people". I listen to Jesus and what HE revealed.
Same thing. Please address the point.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
ANYONE who regarding himself/herself a believer in GOD MUST believe that GOD created life.
And now you presume (and it is presumption indeed!) to tell people how they MUST believe? And (but of course) it just has to be what you believe, complete with total ignorance of the science that reveals much of your beliefs to be false.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I know a lot of theists who believe that God is intelligent enough to have designed evolution.

This whole "evolution isn't the same as adaptation" is an old creationist canard, long ago debunked. Did you just scan through Answers in Genesis to crib their arguments before you got here? Do you imagine we haven't seen these arguments made here before?
You gave me an answer to a question I didn't ask and in doing so, you sidestepped the point.
Try answering the question being asked of you next time.
And you imagine that is liberals and atheists? Again, they're not the same thing. There are plenty of conservative atheists out there as well.

Personally, as a humanist, I care for all human beings on the planet.
Nonsense. We're still waiting for these "end times" we've been hearing about forever. Still nothing.