• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Question for Creationists

Dantedeven

You do realize that the entire story is a myth, don't you? We know it never happened.

Listen Subduction Zone, I find the Ark of Noah a wonderful story. Whether it existed or not. Whether mountains were drowned or not. I am not a scientist. I don't know if this story happenned or not. But I thank dad1 for reminding me of it. It has been many years since i read that scripture. Truly the Ark of Noah is a wonderful thing. And God works in mysterious ways. And the Bible is a book of guidance. And for a man to save a male and a female of every animal from certain death by drowning is a noble cause indeed. Dominion over all the beasts in a positive way.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Listen Subduction Zone, I find the Ark of Noah a wonderful story. Whether it existed or not. Whether mountains were drowned or not. I am not a scientist. I don't know if this story happenned or not. But I thank dad1 for reminding me of it. It has been many years since i read that scripture. Truly the Ark of Noah is a wonderful thing. And God works in mysterious ways. And the Bible is a book of guidance. And for a man to save a male and a female of every animal from certain death by drowning is a noble cause indeed. Dominion over all the beasts in a positive way.
Actually God did not save Noah in the story. He murdered all life except for the life on the Ark. But luckily for Christians it did not happen, so perhaps their God is not as evil we the Old Testament says that he is.

dad1

It has been shown to be largely mythical. And you are the one with the mere beliefs. But until you learn what is and what is not evidence you will not be able to understand. You only have an opinion. I have mountains of support.

Since this is another thread, why are you so afraid to learn what is and what is not evidence?
Ok, this is not the forum for me to discuss religion, apparently, so I'll pass on religious issues.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok, this is not the forum for me to discuss religion, apparently, so I'll pass on religious issues.

But that is all that you have. You only have a very weak faith in Christianity that you will not let stand up to reality. You do realize that there are countless Christians that do not have a problem with reality, don't you?

dad1

I honestly don't know when Adam lived or is going to live again, all i know is that the bible states that six Godly days passed since Adam was formed out of sand. So the earth was already old when Adam was young

The same is with mankind, the earth is very old and we are very young. Adam lived to be 930 years of age according to the bible. But do we know how long one day is for a God? To be honest my faith is not Christianity but Hinduism. That tells us that the earth is around 4.6 billion years old. And that one day for God is:4.32 billion years. This is what hinduism tells us. If Adam lived to be 930 years, then Adam lived around 864.000 and 1.296.000 years ago according to hinduism. He would be alive in the dvapara era
Not an opinion, but you already knew that.

As a Christian how do you justify constantly breaking the Ninth Commandment?
Not really a thread for insane false allegations.

dad1

But that is all that you have. You only have a very weak faith in Christianity that you will not let stand up to reality. You do realize that there are countless Christians that do not have a problem with reality, don't you?
Why worry about Christians? Your case is terminally ill here.

dad1

And if you truly want to find the Ark, you need unity and faith.
I think the ark is in heaven. So you will not find it anywhere on earth. I do think there was an exact replica made long ago and that this may be secreted into Israel, and one day claimed to be the ark.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Like we would ask you? On a science thread we are supposed to act by posting about the topic. Religious drivel is not sexy.

dad, you need to quit lying. I do post science. you post drivel. Of course you have demonstrated that you do not understand the concept of evidence and you are scared to death to even discuss it. That tells us that you know that you are wrong.

People that don't think that they are wrong do not run away.

I am ready to help you to understand the concept of evidence. Then we can begin to fill in the holes in your understanding of science.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
*****Moderation Post *********

This forum seems to be heating up. Please be aware of rules 1 (no personal comments about other members), 3 (no trolling or bullying), and 8 (no preaching or proselytizing).

Dantedeven

I find Genesis a great book. Such a noble deed from Noah to save every animal and also every male and female instead of just himself and his kids. There have been a number of natural occuring mass extinctions on earth in the past. It seems to occur every 50.000.000 to 131.000.000 years. With the next mass extinction event maybe coming somewhere in the next 65.000.000 years. I personally hope this will never ever happen again. But should it be that way, i pray that mankind of the future will also be able to build the ark and save all existing animals and plants like noah did!

a (68).png

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I find Genesis a great book. Such a noble deed from Noah to save every animal and also every male and female instead of just himself and his kids.
Except he didn't do it out of kindness, but because God specifically told him to, and gave Noah the ability the make a boat of miraculous size able to contain two of every animal. Also, it's worth keeping in mind that the whole reason Noah did this was because God decreed that the best way of dealing with the humans who he saw as being corrupted by sin was to drown the entire human and animal population of earth. The fact that Noah went along with what God told him to do rather than telling God that he was being a genocidal madman for no reason doesn't make him a hero.

There have been a number of natural occuring mass extinctions on earth in the past. It seems to occur every 50.000.000 to 131.000.000 years. With the next mass extinction event maybe coming somewhere in the next 65.000.000 years.
But none of those were global floods.

I personally hope this will never ever happen again. But should it be that way, i pray that mankind of the future will also be able to build the ark and save all existing animals and plants like noah did!
Considering such an act is physically impossible, and no such global flood ever did occur, that seems unlikely.