• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Question for Creationists

dad1

This flood you are referring to, I assume you mean the Cockermouth Floods of 2009; when the bridge got swept away and a policeman tragically lost his life.

That would make sense as there are lots of sheep on the fells around there and a few locals are referred to as 'sheep sh*gg*rs'.
You can doubt last week and call all who lived then goat herders if you like. Gong.

dad1

Dunno. I just read an interesting article yesterday that said some Japanese species of monkeys are messing around sexually with deer, so I suppose it's possible. But irrelevant to this topic of discussion nonetheless.
No, it is very relevant if men produced offspring with some chimp like thingies. Just because in this present nature there are limits to what can produce offspring we do not know that those current limits applied in the former nature. Do you know that they applied?

Then there is the issue of evil experiments by wicked men, like we see today to some extent. When man is able to tinker with creation, bad things can happen. Some suggest that the so called lost city of Atlantis engaged in such experiments. Since man was very smart before the flood and after it also, we can't rule out some sort of tinkering there also.

Then there is the issue of ERVs and how (pre) viri used to be able to transfer in the former nature. Again, that would not be limited to how they cross species or get around today.

Dantedeven

When you compare Human DNA to that of a Banana it has 50% similarity. That is always so because 50% of life is Fauna, 50% of life is Flora, and both are alive. That 50% is the basic of life. We need both fauna and flora to be present in order for this planet to even have oxygen. The rest of the changes is due to evolution. Evolution is the greatest story of God. But how, when, where and why God caused Genesis is unknown. I believe firmly that God only creates and then only instructs. Listen, why would something we consider the infinite, create a set amount of vessels. Isn't it more beautiful for the Infinite one to create just one thing and let it evolve like it wants to evolve? So that everything is unique? Look what dwells here, all from just one ancestor. If you are smart you can see that survival can be an endless loop. But, DESIRE.

You can read the book and live by it. You can do everything right in a book. Everything by the dots. And then stand before God, ready to be judged. And then he sends you straight back to earth with no memories. Here you got another vessel, have fun.

dad1

When you compare Human DNA to that of a Banana it has 50% similarity. That is always so because 50% of life is Fauna, 50% of life is Flora, and both are alive. That 50% is the basic of life. We need both fauna and flora to be present in order for this planet to even have oxygen. The rest of the changes is due to evolution. Evolution is the greatest story of God. But how, when, where and why God caused Genesis is unknown. I believe firmly that God only creates and then only instructs. Listen, why would something we consider the infinite, create a set amount of vessels. Isn't it more beautiful for the Infinite one to create just one thing and let it evolve like it wants to evolve? So that everything is unique? Look what dwells here, all from just one ancestor. If you are smart you can see that survival can be an endless loop. But, DESIRE.

You can read the book and live by it. You can do everything right in a book. Everything by the dots. And then stand before God, ready to be judged. And then he sends you straight back to earth with no memories. Here you got another vessel, have fun.

How about Noah and Abraham, do you think when they lived is also unknown?

Dantedeven

How about Noah and Abraham, do you think when they lived is also unknown?
I calculated the date of Noach as 2277.
And my calculation for 666 from verse 13:18 as 1930.

2277 = Isaac spoke to Abraham, his father. And Isaac said: “My father!” And Abraham said: “Behold, here am I, my son!” “Behold the fire and the wood; but where is the lamb to the burnt offering?” And thus the Lord said unto Noah: “Go thou, and all thy house in the ark; for I have seen you righteous before me in this generation.”

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

2277 = Isaac spoke to Abraham, his father. And Isaac said: “My father!” And Abraham said: “Behold, here am I, my son!” “Behold the fire and the wood; but where is the lamb to the burnt offering?” And thus the Lord said unto Noah: “Go thou, and all thy house in the ark; for I have seen you righteous before me in this generation.”
You do realize that there never was a flood that would require an ark, don't you? Man was never threatened by a flood, nor was animal life. What is your take on the Noah story?

dad1

So the date for Abraham and Noah is reasonably known. Good. Now, since we are clearly given the years Noah lived before having his son, and when he died, and we have such a chronology marked in years since Adam, do you agree we also know about when Adam lived?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So the date for Abraham and Noah is reasonably known. Good. Now, since we are clearly given the years Noah lived before having his son, and when he died, and we have such a chronology marked in years since Adam, do you agree we also know about when Adam lived?

Actually all you can do is to calculate the mythical dates of those beings. Much the same as arguing about when certain events occurred in the Star Trek universe. People that obsess on stories such as Star Trek are thought to be a bit on the pathetic side. Just a little food for thought.

dad1

Actually all you can do is to calculate the mythical dates of those beings. Much the same as arguing about when certain events occurred in the Star Trek universe. People that obsess on stories such as Star Trek are thought to be a bit on the pathetic side. Just a little food for thought.
The bible record may seem like myth to you, and the belief based dates of science may seem real to you. You have an opinion.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The bible record may seem like myth to you, and the belief based dates of science may seem real to you. You have an opinion.

It has been shown to be largely mythical. And you are the one with the mere beliefs. But until you learn what is and what is not evidence you will not be able to understand. You only have an opinion. I have mountains of support.

Since this is another thread, why are you so afraid to learn what is and what is not evidence?

Dantedeven

My take on Noah's story is that it is a warning. And my take on Abraham's story is that it is also a warning.

And for me, the ark of noah is the most beautiful thing ever.
For me personally, the ark of noah has nothing to do with religion at all.
If anything, it has more to do with science.
For in order to find it ever, the only thing required is unity and faith.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
My take on Noah's story is that it is a warning. And my take on Abraham's story is that it is also a warning.

And for me, the ark of noah is the most beautiful thing ever.
For me personally, the ark of noah has nothing to do with religion at all.
If anything, it has more to do with science.
For in order to find it ever, the only thing required is unity and faith.
So you are stating that it is just in one's mind?

Dantedeven

I honestly don't know when Adam lived or is going to live again, all i know is that the bible states that six Godly days passed since Adam was formed out of sand. So the earth was already old when Adam was young. The same is with mankind, the earth is very old and we are very young. Adam lived to be 930 years of age according to the bible. But do we know how long one day is for a God? To be honest my faith is not Christianity but Hinduism. That tells us that the earth is around 4.6 billion years old. And that one day for God is:4.32 billion years. This is what hinduism tells us. If Adam lived to be 930 years, then Adam lived around 864.000 and 1.296.000 years ago according to hinduism. He would be alive in the dvapara era

Last edited:

Dantedeven

No i am not stating the Ark of Noah is just in one's mind.
I am just telling you what the ark of noah is in my mind.

But the ark of noah is a story in the bible, the book of God, and i am not christian.
But if we want to ever find the Ark of Noah, we need unity and faith.

Without faith the Ark of Noah exists, you can not find it at all.
Without unity you can not find it either because it would be too hard for a single man.
It would be too hard for a single religious group.
It would be too hard for a single country.
It would be too hard for just one part of the world,
It would be too hard for two parts of the world.
No we need everyone willing to put effort in it.